Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

I love the uni's cant wait to see Duke Williams grab the ball and dodge the defenders with them to have nothing to grab.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll bet some of you guys would like orange sequins - just imagine the effects under the lights. :rolleyes:

Not me makes me look older

That's a mental image I'd rather not conjure up.

Looks like Auburn is going to a chromed look for its helmet design for this season. Shells will remain the same but the stripes and logo will be more reflective.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/photo-auburn-unveils-new-chrome-helmet-accents-2015-season/

Wow. For us, this is a huge change. Not sure what to think of it now.

I need to see it under the lights for a night game....

With a nice buzz

I am a traditionalist. You can't improve perfection. Of course I'm old and set in my ways too.

I love the uni's cant wait to see Duke Williams grab the ball and dodge the defenders with them to have nothing to grab.

and roc too spinning off defenders

CLhyjLRWgAI8v4t.jpg

All white uniforms are the best!

you would think it would be the other way around so that the home uni's are the best but nope, love the storm trooper look

and roc too spinning off defenders

Roc's gonna be harder to tackle than a greased pig.

I half wonder if the orange shoes and orange socks could be a joke....I kinda chuckled...looks like the whole team did as well in this pic. LOL

image.jpg

Nope... No Joke!

I think the new options look great (and long over due)!!!

And I think it's absolutely comical to think our players are laughing at our new swag! Hell, it was THEIR IDEA!!! The guys I've talked to are f-ing stoked about it... Hell, if the players had it their way, we'd have some completely alternate uni's! Then the old-timers would REALLY be pissed! But, for the sake of our tradition, Under Armour and Auburn thought it be best to just enhance a few accents. That's all!

And think they did a knock-out job!

The players and staff love it... and I think it looks bad-ass myself.

This!

I'm pretty excited about the uni changes myself. Can't wait for the season to start!

If your modeling a uniform, why roll the sleeves up to hide the stripes??

To show off all that orange!!

But I actually agree with you on this. I hate how the stripe gets constricted on players. I kind of wish we would have a navy and white undershirt with the stripes on them the way other schools have done. Kind of..

I believe the reason they went with this metallic look is that it shows better on HD TV. I don't mind the change but I am curious to how this will look on the big video board and on TV. I hope Auburn is on TV a lot this year :wareagle:

So far, the responses to this have been pleasantly measured and rational. WDE.

I agree on waiting til I see it on the field to form an opinion. I'm sure the kids are fired up.

I think it looks good. That orange accented home uni with the orange cleats and orange socks is badass. That along with the chrome on the lids will pop on HD!

I like the look, but my only complaint is that it doesn't match the other accessories now. For example, if they do decide to wear orange cleats, socks or undershirts, those are all normal bright orange.

I like the look, but my only complaint is that it doesn't match the other accessories now. For example, if they do decide to wear orange cleats, socks or undershirts, those are all normal bright orange.

The only possible solution is to wear chrome EVERYTHING.

The only possible solution is to wear chrome EVERYTHING.

That would be so fierce.

If your modeling a uniform, why roll the sleeves up to hide the stripes??

This aggravated me as well. Makes it hard to really see what orange underneath looks like

Archived