Auburn receives uniforms for 2015, have small change

FHeal

War Eagle, Fearless and True.

Fight on you ORANGE and Blue!

So if our team were to get an Orange alternative uniform it would look "cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless" even though it is one of our two colors and mentioned first in our fight song??? Orange is also a classy color if done right. Very Fall which just happens to be football season. I call BS bro

Yes. You are starting to get it.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell the only reason Clemson uses a dominant orange theme, is because their other color is PURPLE!

Here we are, blessed with the Navy option trimmed with burnt orange and white.

Yet you guys would 'pull a Clemson' for no justifiable, aesthetic reason. :rolleyes:/>

Orange is a superior color to navy blue though

Navy blue is arguably the blandest color you can pick for anything, we make it work don't get me wrong, but for my tastes Orange is superior

Would you buy an orange suit to wear for a job interview?

Why not?

Yes, Navy would be the more traditional choice for a suit. But comparing that to what color uniforms 18-22 year old kids are wearing while they play football is not only hilariously misguided, it is also blatantly not comparable. Whether or not you like them, the players who actually have to wear them do, and quite honestly that is the opinion that matters. In recruiting today, it is important to have a swagger, a sense of cool about your program, and if these cleats help, why does it matter? It is a secondary color for Auburn, and in the uniform it is playing a secondary role, as the undergarment to the jersey as well as on the feet and hands. That's it. It's not an orange jersey, or orange pants, or an orange helmet. It is a secondary color in a secondary role.

I am talking about the psychology of color.

Navy creates an impression of authority, competence, power.

Orange creates an impression of , well,.... a clown.

A judicious, tasteful use of burnt orange to compliment our navy (and white) is classically good looking while retaining a powerful, intimidating impact. That impact decreases when you start adding orange to the mix.

Okay, I'll play along with your "psychology of the color" game.

Navy has a general connotation of being common, and is most used as a base color, when you wear it, it for the most part becomes the background of whatever you want to portray, for example a navy Honda Accord.

Orange on the other hand is bright, it pops, and it draws your attention to it. It is a color that is not content to go along with the crowd, not content to fade into the background. It doesn't just seek attention, it demands it. It's no surprise then that Lamborghini uses orange heavily, as they are a "shouty" car maker.

So. You're playing on 1 of 126 football teams, all with 85 players, and your competing for around 300 draft spots. Would you rather fade into the background? Or do you want to command attention?

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. That screams, "look at me".

I am talking about sending a message of confident power and class; one of psychological intimidation. Big difference.

You're right. Penn state, Virginia and Michigan have everyone shaking in their cleats.

Well, you do need a good football team to pull it off.

I figured - apparently mistakenly - that everyone would assume that as a given.

You have suggested that those that like the orange accents we've added root for Clemson, as they predominately use orange.

Similarly, I might suggest that you root for Penn State, or BYU, or even MTSU. They use predominately Navy. Maybe that would make you happy.

Personally, I prefer a mix of both. Navy for the jersey, orange for the accents, white for the pants and helmet. Oh wait, that's what we have.

Hell the only reason Clemson uses a dominant orange theme, is because their other color is PURPLE!

Here we are, blessed with the Navy option trimmed with burnt orange and white.

Yet you guys would 'pull a Clemson' for no justifiable, aesthetic reason. :rolleyes:/>

Orange is a superior color to navy blue though

Navy blue is arguably the blandest color you can pick for anything, we make it work don't get me wrong, but for my tastes Orange is superior

Would you buy an orange suit to wear for a job interview?

Why not?

Yes, Navy would be the more traditional choice for a suit. But comparing that to what color uniforms 18-22 year old kids are wearing while they play football is not only hilariously misguided, it is also blatantly not comparable. Whether or not you like them, the players who actually have to wear them do, and quite honestly that is the opinion that matters. In recruiting today, it is important to have a swagger, a sense of cool about your program, and if these cleats help, why does it matter? It is a secondary color for Auburn, and in the uniform it is playing a secondary role, as the undergarment to the jersey as well as on the feet and hands. That's it. It's not an orange jersey, or orange pants, or an orange helmet. It is a secondary color in a secondary role.

I am talking about the psychology of color.

Navy creates an impression of authority, competence, power.

Orange creates an impression of , well,.... a clown.

A judicious, tasteful use of burnt orange to compliment our navy (and white) is classically good looking while retaining a powerful, intimidating impact. That impact decreases when you start adding orange to the mix.

Okay, I'll play along with your "psychology of the color" game.

Navy has a general connotation of being common, and is most used as a base color, when you wear it, it for the most part becomes the background of whatever you want to portray, for example a navy Honda Accord.

Orange on the other hand is bright, it pops, and it draws your attention to it. It is a color that is not content to go along with the crowd, not content to fade into the background. It doesn't just seek attention, it demands it. It's no surprise then that Lamborghini uses orange heavily, as they are a "shouty" car maker.

So. You're playing on 1 of 126 football teams, all with 85 players, and your competing for around 300 draft spots. Would you rather fade into the background? Or do you want to command attention?

I am not talking about "attention". You can easily achieve that by being cheap, loud, garish, ugly and tasteless. That screams, "look at me".

I am talking about sending a message of confident power and class; one of psychological intimidation. Big difference.

You're right. Penn state, Virginia and Michigan have everyone shaking in their cleats.

Well, you do need a good football team to pull it off.

I figured - apparently mistakenly - that everyone would assume that as a given.

You have suggested that those that like the orange accents we've added root for Clemson, as they predominately use orange.

Similarly, I might suggest that you root for Penn State, or BYU, or even MTSU. They use predominately Navy. Maybe that would make you happy.

Personally, I prefer a mix of both. Navy for the jersey, orange for the accents, white for the pants and helmet. Oh wait, that's what we have.

No, I said: "If you feel compelled to dress up in orange, go root for Clemson." See the difference?

As far as me preferring Penn State, etc., because of their uniforms, I have no reason to prefer their unis to ours. Just the opposite. I think we have the best looking uniforms in the country. My passion is to keep it that way.

I half wonder if the orange shoes and orange socks could be a joke....I kinda chuckled...looks like the whole team did as well in this pic. LOL

image.jpg

Nope... No Joke!

I think the new options look great (and long over due)!!!

And I think it's absolutely comical to think our players are laughing at our new swag! Hell, it was THEIR IDEA!!! The guys I've talked to are f-ing stoked about it... Hell, if the players had it their way, we'd have some completely alternate uni's! Then the old-timers would REALLY be pissed! But, for the sake of our tradition, Under Armour and Auburn thought it be best to just enhance a few accents. That's all!

And think they did a knock-out job!

The players and staff love it... and I think it looks bad-ass myself.

I half wonder if the orange shoes and orange socks could be a joke....I kinda chuckled...looks like the whole team did as well in this pic. LOL

image.jpg

Nope... No Joke!

And I think it's absolutely comical to think our players are laughing at our new swag! Hell, it was THEIR IDEA!!! The guys I've talked to are f-ing stoked about it... Hell, if the players had it their way, we'd have some completely alternate uni's! Then the old-timers would REALLY be pissed! But, for the sake of our tradition, Under Armour and Auburn thought it be best to just enhance a few accents. That's all!

Absolutely this.

RIR, So is the facemask a blue Chrome as well? Those helmets are nice.

image.jpg

Nope... No Joke!

Absolutely this.

x2

I like the uniforms, helmets. facemasks - everything but the orange and blue striped shoes. But, those I can live with.

I'll bet some of you guys would like orange sequins - just imagine the effects under the lights. :rolleyes:/>

I was hoping for orange sequins across the butts spelling out #AuburnFastPhysicalDefense...but I guess you can't always get what you want.

image.jpg

Nope... No Joke!

Absolutely this.

x2

I think I just need a little time to let it grow on me. Who knows? Maybe once I see the team on the field opening day Ill have a different opinion. Im always pretty late to come around on changes like this. As of right now, "gaudy" is all that comes to mind.

I don't really care. If GUS approves a uniform change fine. I CARE ABOUT HOW THEY PLAY !!! WDE !!!

Take the names off of the back of the jerseys!!!!

I'm always a fan of this when I see other schools do it. Even if I despise that school's football team/fanbase.

Yeah no problem with the metallic stripe on the helmets. Traditional helmets and gives them a pop. I would say you won't be able to see them on gameday but with that new scoreboard you'll be able to see a pimple.

I'll bet some of you guys would like orange sequins - just imagine the effects under the lights. :rolleyes:/>

I was hoping for orange sequins across the butts spelling out #AuburnFastPhysicalDefense...but I guess you can't always get what you want.

It would be hilarious if a team put their name across the seat of the pants and said it was for their female fans. As long as it's not Auburn. Lol

It would be hilarious if a team put their name across the seat of the pants and said it was for their female fans. As long as it's not Auburn. Lol

I could see Mississippi State doing this.

I could see Mississippi State doing this.

Yep. Dawgs.

Archived