**The NIP is HERE !! Rejoice !!!**

WarTim

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The USC game in 03 (the first game I went to) was by far the hottest and most miserable game in my personal experiences.

That was also the first game I went to. Its been a while, so maybe you've forgotten if you ever did notice, but you don't happen to remeber seeing the USC band have to get up and move in the middle of the game, did you? Or anyone here who may have attended, for that matter.

Why did they move?

One of those stories no one will probably believe, but it is what it is. They were seated right in the middle of the seats my guest and I had. We were a bit shocked and unsure of what to do, so we grabbed an usher and showed him our stubs. He then got the attention of some university official and asked us if it could be arranged for us to get better seats if that would ameliorate the situation. We took one look at each other, looked back at him,and said "nah, we want our seats." The official said "you got it", pulled aside the USC band director, and informed him they were in the wrong spot. We were too far away to hear, and couldn't read lips, but the band director was none too pleased, probably even more due to the fact that he knew he didn't have a leg to stand on. So the two of us watched in glee as the entire USC band got up and shifted over a section or two to their proper seating arrangements. You gotta enjoy the small victories on a day like that, right?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs:/> , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

Id buy you a beer if I could.

Why can't you?

Sam Adams Porch Rocker or Summer Ale, pleassir.

to tell a tale like that you were already drinking weren't you?

Since we are on that topic, another reason the NIP is close is because Sam Adams has released Octoberfest.

Picked up the fall sampler the other day while shopping with my wife. She didn't understand what I meant by "the nip is coming" at all.

84....You need to move the Meter a bit more. IT IS GETTING CLOSE!!!

82 degrees @ lunch time in Central Al !!!.....A very good sign. Forecast is for low in the high 50's tomorrow morning !! :hellyeah:

82 degrees @ lunch time in Central Al !!!.....A very good sign. Forecast is for low in the high 50's tomorrow morning !! :hellyeah:

So you're saying we should expect The Call soon? The Nip-O-Meter is just shy of Full Double Nip!

Down here in SW Florida...OH, the nip is definitely in the air! Air temp. 92 deg... Heat Index 102 deg... Humidity ONLY 64%....

Oh yeah....gettin' nippy down here for sure!!!!

Cool this morning (mid 60s). Fresh fallen leaves on top of mowed lawn.Sun coming up with a few scattered clouds. (An Orange and Blue Sky!!!) I made the phone call to my Brother and JayDubb. The 2015 Nip was declared @ 6:45 am CST this day of our Lord 8-25-2015.

THE NIP is HERE !! The Auburn Tigers are in preparation for the coming Season. God is in His Heaven and all is right in the Football World !!!

WAR EAGLE to ALL and BRING IT ON !!! :bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle::bananadance::wareagle:

Ah Yes. I felt it definitively this AM myself. I even remarked to the kids that today would likely see WarTim call the "nip"!.

Here's to a fantastic season!

....oh...and someone update the image :hellyeah:

I knew when I stepped out the door this morning! I had to turn the A/C off when I cranked the truck. I just knew I would see this when I opened the computer.

Let's hope the guys feel it as well, and they turn it up at practice from here on!

Archived