**The NIP is HERE !! Rejoice !!!**

WarTim

I think it's coming next week according to the forecast. Get ready!

I noticed the weather really cooling down next week in N. Alabama... Maybe in the 50s one morning!!! It's almost here!!!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where, OH WHERE, is LegalEagle??? He SO enjoys the "Meter". I hate for him to miss this stuff. Oh well. Thanks 84 for keeping the Meter under control and "moving, and I do mean Moving, along !!!

I noticed the NIP in North Alabama when I went fishing at Madison County lake last weekend. The air was crisp and slightly windy. We saw 2, not 1, but 2 bald eagles fly over in a pair and nestle in a tree across the lake. If that right there doesn't make the NIP official, I don't know what will.

I noticed the NIP in North Alabama when I went fishing at Madison County lake last weekend. The air was crisp and slightly windy. We saw 2, not 1, but 2 bald eagles fly over in a pair and nestle in a tree across the lake. If that right there doesn't make the NIP official, I don't know what will.

(clearing throat)..."I WILL !!!"...

84.....A little more movement on the "Meter" please?

Nip-O-Meter reveals a hint of the "Nip!"

AuburnGirl1-5.jpg

It's less than 2 weeks until AU football starts!

Can anyone verify the whereabouts or existence of War Tim????

Oh, Great One, please view the leaves, stick your wetted finger into the air, watch some ESPN, read the sports section and tell us the NIP IS NIGH!!

:cheer:

Can anyone verify the whereabouts or existence of Legal Eagle????

Cooler temps today and I saw some leaves falling today in N. Alabama!!! I saw the leaves when I picked my kids up from school. They were jabbering about their day at school (maybe about their spelling tests?) and I pointed and yelled, "Look!!! The nip is almost here!!!" Both my kids had no idea what I was talking about...

The USC game in 03 (the first game I went to) was by far the hottest and most miserable game in my personal experiences.

That was also the first game I went to. Its been a while, so maybe you've forgotten if you ever did notice, but you don't happen to remeber seeing the USC band have to get up and move in the middle of the game, did you? Or anyone here who may have attended, for that matter.

Why did they move?

One of those stories no one will probably believe, but it is what it is. They were seated right in the middle of the seats my guest and I had. We were a bit shocked and unsure of what to do, so we grabbed an usher and showed him our stubs. He then got the attention of some university official and asked us if it could be arranged for us to get better seats if that would ameliorate the situation. We took one look at each other, looked back at him,and said "nah, we want our seats." The official said "you got it", pulled aside the USC band director, and informed him they were in the wrong spot. We were too far away to hear, and couldn't read lips, but the band director was none too pleased, probably even more due to the fact that he knew he didn't have a leg to stand on. So the two of us watched in glee as the entire USC band got up and shifted over a section or two to their proper seating arrangements. You gotta enjoy the small victories on a day like that, right?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs:/> , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

Id buy you a beer if I could.

Why can't you?

Sam Adams Porch Rocker or Summer Ale, pleassir.

to tell a tale like that you were already drinking weren't you?

66 degrees in Jersey this morning. Haven't seen a lot of Auburn gear up here, and the cable company doesn't carry the SEC Network. Things could get interesting.

I just got in from an hour's bike ride in Central Florida. If the Nip was around here he would have been whimpering in front of an air conditioner.

The USC game in 03 (the first game I went to) was by far the hottest and most miserable game in my personal experiences.

That was also the first game I went to. Its been a while, so maybe you've forgotten if you ever did notice, but you don't happen to remeber seeing the USC band have to get up and move in the middle of the game, did you? Or anyone here who may have attended, for that matter.

Why did they move?

One of those stories no one will probably believe, but it is what it is. They were seated right in the middle of the seats my guest and I had. We were a bit shocked and unsure of what to do, so we grabbed an usher and showed him our stubs. He then got the attention of some university official and asked us if it could be arranged for us to get better seats if that would ameliorate the situation. We took one look at each other, looked back at him,and said "nah, we want our seats." The official said "you got it", pulled aside the USC band director, and informed him they were in the wrong spot. We were too far away to hear, and couldn't read lips, but the band director was none too pleased, probably even more due to the fact that he knew he didn't have a leg to stand on. So the two of us watched in glee as the entire USC band got up and shifted over a section or two to their proper seating arrangements. You gotta enjoy the small victories on a day like that, right?

Like I said, I'm sure someone will :bs:/> , as they are welcome to do, but I watched it all go down with my own two eyes, and its a memory I'll happily take to the grave.

Why can't you?

Since we are on that topic, another reason the NIP is close is because Sam Adams has released Octoberfest.

Why did they move?

Why can't you?

Since we are on that topic, another reason the NIP is close is because Sam Adams has released Octoberfest.

I have found this to be a less and less reliable Nip predictor. Seems like you can find it year 'round anymore.

Why did they move?

Why can't you?

I have found this to be a less and less reliable Nip predictor. Seems like you can find it year 'round anymore.

It's a seasonal brew, and I only see it around late August til about November, then the Winter Lager starts coming out. If it's out year round then I'm looking in the wrong places apparently.

SA Octoberfest is Fall only. If it was year round, I doubt it'd go by the name "Octoberfest". They could rebrand it and sell it as "märzen", but no one would know what it is.

If you're picking it up in April, it's probably just really old.

Hey Britt..if you haven't done so, download "AU Gameday" from ITunes. At least that way you will b able to get all the games audio live. WDE!

Thanks! I'm a PC guy, though; I'll check to see if there's an equivalent (bet there is).

Just finished mowing lawn. Bermuda grass has begun to seed. I could hear the HS Band in the distance last night. The Nip draws near.......

BTW, for those of us that consume SA Octoberfest as their gameday brew of choice, Sam's Clubs have special 28 bottle cases. I bought 3 this past week. That should cover the entire regular season. By that time, the Winter Lager will be out for Championship and Bowl games....

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

I can tell the NIP is close because it is getting really hard to find SA Summer Ale. Been my favorite beer for a while and it is still way to warm in central florida to switch to SA Octoberfest now...

Just wrapped my final vacation of summer, so focus now turns full forward to the season... Noticed less humidity this morning in Montgomery. Just a slight change.

Absolutely ZERO nip in Valdosta GA. A ton of humidity from the very scattered showers that always seem to miss my area of town and it feels like the 25 level of Hell here. The only nip i see is when a woman walks in to the convenience store I work in, when I turn the AC down to 68 degrees. Very nice, but not the nip I'm looking for...send me cold weather from Canada please! I got a bad case of Football Feaver!

I can tell the NIP is close because it is getting really hard to find SA Summer Ale. Been my favorite beer for a while and it is still way to warm in central florida to switch to SA Octoberfest now...

Take a drive up to Valdosta. The convenience store I work in has plenty of it. And they still deliver it on Fridays.

Archived