Concerning 1st to 2nd team placement

FHeal

Just noticed AL.com had Monty listed on 2nd team (link) and had thought perhaps otherwise.

So, does making 2nd team necessarily mean a kid is 2nd in position or it could it be he's a better fit with the other 2's ? Never considered it before, but in a more mature system (deeper) perhaps the 1st team to 2nd mix could be based more on effectiveness of the unit, rather than who earned being called 1st teamer ? . .

(. . .or - maybe I'm just slow)

starting a game and practicing with the 1st are two totally different things.

What is your opinion on why Adams is not listed as first string or practicing with the first string then?

my opinion is, its the first practice and im not going to sweat it. He'll be the starter when they take the field in ATL vs UL. same with Mathews and Louis. neither of them were listed with the 1's.

my opinion is, its the first practice and im not going to sweat it. He'll be the starter when they take the field in ATL vs UL. same with Mathews and Louis. neither of them were listed with the 1's.

Not really sweating, it could just be to make a player strive harder. It simply came to mind that perhaps being 2nd team as opposed to 1st could sometime's be a function of over fit; rather than an indication that player X was somehow the better at his position. Not to say you don't play the best, but that under some situations in a close to same grouping, some guys might player better with other guy. As in maybe someone goes to right better, and he's strength might help out not being on 1st team rotation ?

Wasn't really a Adams question.

The 1's and 2's designation is much less important on the DL because Garner uses a rotation system. It's more like 2 (or even 3) shifts. More important is which player matches up the best with the player next to them in their rotation.

Well all the coaches keep saying something about him giving a good effort so I assume that's what it is

Archived