Records To Be Broken

AUTUmike

Records To Be Broken  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Which Auburn single-season record is most likely to be broken in 2015?

• Sacks (12) -- Nick Fairley
    • Passing Yards (3,277) -- Dameyune Craig
    • Receptions (60) -- Darvin Adams
    • Receiving Yards (1,068) -- Ronney Daniels

Nice poll. I voted for sacks. With Carl Lawson back he should be able to kill this record.

Even though I think JJ is going to do great, I think the run game will limit his passing yards. The number of catches should be 2nd with Duke.

Nice poll. I voted for sacks. With Carl Lawson back he should be able to kill this record.

Even though I think JJ is going to do great, I think the run game will limit his passing yards. The number of catches should be 2nd with Duke.

I think the receptions record is most ripe for breaking, given that it is so surprisingly low at 60, followed by the sacks record. I agree with your assessment of the passing yards record. The same can be said of most of the rushing records (which I didn't include here because Tre Mason made those records almost unreachable in 2013).

Most likely? Receptions, Duke had 45 last season in 10 games (9.5 if you remember his injury against aTm). If he continues his 3rd down or TD percentage highlighted by StatTiger, he could approach the single season receiving TD record as well.

Passing yards because so many passes this season will be to players other than WRs that it will rare for any D to adequately cover our potential receivers for even a drive. Gus is a run first guy but he'll also stay with what works until you stop it consistently and I'm loving all of the receiving skills out of our backfield right now.

Passing yards because so many passes this season will be to players other than WRs that it will rare for any D to adequately cover our potential receivers for even a drive. Gus is a run first guy but he'll also stay with what works until you stop it consistently and I'm loving all of the receiving skills out of our backfield right now.

That is a good point that I didn't think of before. Hmm I still think the sacks record would be the most likely due to all of the new QBs in the league.

Can't decide which of the receiving records is "most likely", but I'd say both of them are "likely". Talking about other records just feels like bad mojo to me.

^Btw, didn't mean to slam the poll. It's fun to think about and I appreciate you digging up those records. I'll reference them often as the season goes on. Let's make sure we dig this thread back up in December.

Craig said Johnson will break his passing yards record. I think it will be more difficult than Craig thinks, esp with Gus' emphasis on the run.

As long as Duke doesn't miss much time........

Most likely:

1. Receptions

2. Receiving yards

3. Passing yardage

4. Sacks

Craig said Johnson will break his passing yards record. I think it will be more difficult than Craig thinks, esp with Gus' emphasis on the run.

Most likely:

1. Receptions

2. Receiving yards

3. Passing yardage

4. Sacks

i agree with this. i think if carl is as as freakish as advertised he will be doubled constantly.

Most likely:

1. Receptions

2. Receiving yards

3. Passing yardage

4. Sacks

i agree with this. i think if carl is as as freakish as advertised he will be doubled constantly.

On top of this...Boom made a good point in his SiriusXM interview the other day...QBs in Spread offenses typically get rid of the ball in 3 seconds.

Dwight Freeney on one side and Lawrence Taylor on the other can't sack a QB in 3 seconds.

All four will be shattered.

I agree think all 4 can fall. Since I had to pick one I went passing yards. Because if that one goes down 2 others guaranteed to fall.

Even though Jeremy is getting a lot of hype for being a great passer, this is still a running offence. I went with Sacks . . . but it may not be Lawson. He is going to get double teamed leaving the door open for others.

Even though Jeremy is getting a lot of hype for being a great passer, this is still a running offence. I went with Sacks . . . but it may not be Lawson. He is going to get double teamed leaving the door open for others.

5000 yards passing in a season at Tulsa with a 1000 yard rusher. Also, took Chris Todd to 2600+ passing yards. If Todd can get that Jeremy will get 3300 pretty easy I think.

5000 yards passing in a season at Tulsa with a 1000 yard rusher. Also, took Chris Todd to 2600+ passing yards. If Todd can get that Jeremy will get 3300 pretty easy I think.

we agree.

Like several, I went with Sacks. I think the other three are possible but I figured with our running game being a strength (and the need to have a strong running game to win consistently in the SEC), that will take away some of the passing yards. Once we have a good lead and run the ball to run out the clock, we will not need the pass (DC didn't have much of a run support when he set that record - not what I expect this coming year for JJ). The passes we have will be spread around to several quality receivers which will spread the receptions and yards.

However, we need a good strong rush and with the change by CWM to use a combo of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts, we will put more in the backfield. Then as long as our opponents are so far behind and trying to play catch-up, they will be wanting to throw the ball, giving us more opportunities for sacks ( be them by Carl "Smoke" Lawson, Adams, Cowart or others) so that one of them gets at least 14.

Can't decide which of the receiving records is "most likely", but I'd say both of them are "likely". Talking about other records just feels like bad mojo to me.

Agreed. Rather than being overly confident about these records being broken, I was really just kind of surprised at how attainable many of them seemed with solid seasons from a few key performers.

Agreed. Rather than being overly confident about these records being broken, I was really just kind of surprised at how attainable many of them seemed with solid seasons from a few key performers.

Excellent point. Would be great to see all of them and some of the team records go down!

Points Scored

Avg Points Scored

Defense will above average in SEC.

Auburn should roll barring injury, etc

Archived