8-29-15 Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

DKW 86

Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans? (Pick Two)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

• Donald Trump
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rick Santorum
    • Ben Carlson
    • Rand Paul
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Scott Walker
    • John Kasich
    • Ted Cruz
    • Bobby Jindal

And yet we're TOLD by the wizards of Smart that Jeb is the defacto GOP nominee.

:roflol:

I agree. The defacto Republican Leaders want Jeb! to be the nominee and were looking for this to be a repeat of 200 when W waltzed in with so much $$$ there wasnt really a chance for anyone else. We got Bush II and Two More Wars to go with Bush I and One War. The Neo-Cons, Halliburton, etc want Bush III and likely yet another war in the ME. Excuse me if i dont fall for it anymore. Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah. I think we need to just go and do work elsewhere and let the ME shake and bake on its own.

As for President, I am looking forward to the day coming in the primaries where Jeb! falls flat on his face. The one good thing about Trump, he has enough cash in his back pocket to beat Jeb!

While I agree about Jeb, and the ME for the most part, my concern is that the U.S. will be so standoffish with the ME that the radical Islamist grow bigger and stronger and thus be more of a threat to the continental U.S., not to mention our allies. I'm fine for letting them alone, my fear is that just lets the extremist fester and they become a powder keg. Main thing is to keep them off U.S. soil. I don't understand why we don't just bomb the hell out of the extremist training camps?? Seems like logical way to seriously eradicate and extinguish their growth.

As far as the candidates go, I don't know yet...I'm still reviewing and learning about each of them. I have no idea as of right now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:roflol:/>

I agree. The defacto Republican Leaders want Jeb! to be the nominee and were looking for this to be a repeat of 200 when W waltzed in with so much $$$ there wasnt really a chance for anyone else. We got Bush II and Two More Wars to go with Bush I and One War. The Neo-Cons, Halliburton, etc want Bush III and likely yet another war in the ME. Excuse me if i dont fall for it anymore. Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah. I think we need to just go and do work elsewhere and let the ME shake and bake on its own.

As for President, I am looking forward to the day coming in the primaries where Jeb! falls flat on his face. The one good thing about Trump, he has enough cash in his back pocket to beat Jeb!

"Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah." Seriously? :blink:/>

And there's not enough money in the world for Trump to beat Jeb. You act like the primaries start next week.

uuuhhh yeah. There was this whole Iranian Hostage Crisis thingy. It was in all the papers. Carter backed a butchering thug and set us up as the bad guy in Iran for perpetuity.

I hope you realize Carter backed that butchering thug because we were heavily involved in the coup that replaced their popular and democratically-elected prime minister with that butchering thug. Carter didn't set us up as the bad guy in Iran, the prior two decades of supporting and arming the Shah did that. Carter was just continuing our status quo.

"Carter got us involved in the ME on the wrong side of history with supporting the Shah." Seriously? :blink:/>

And there's not enough money in the world for Trump to beat Jeb. You act like the primaries start next week.

uuuhhh yeah. There was this whole Iranian Hostage Crisis thingy. It was in all the papers. Carter backed a butchering thug and set us up as the bad guy in Iran for perpetuity.

Perhaps you didn't realize that our history with Iran and the Shah didn't start with the Iranian revolution.

I hope you realize Carter backed that butchering thug because we were heavily involved in the coup that replaced their popular and democratically-elected prime minister with that butchering thug. Carter didn't set us up as the bad guy in Iran, the prior two decades of supporting and arming the Shah did that. Carter was just continuing our status quo.

Well noted. Carter chose to continue a bad policy watching the popular uprising in Iran get out of control.

Perhaps you didn't realize that our history with Iran and the Shah didn't start with the Iranian revolution.

...no homer you are the only person in America that read history. :rolleyes: Of course i know the history. As President, Carter could have chosen a different path. He could have stepped away. He didnt, the Hostages were taken because he refused to get them out of harm's way. He spent the 444 days watching helplessly while America was emasculated and his legacy went up in flames.

...no homer you are the only person in America that read history. :rolleyes: Of course i know the history. As President, Carter could have chosen a different path. He could have stepped away. He didnt, the Hostages were taken because he refused to get them out of harm's way. He spent the 444 days watching helplessly while America was emasculated and his legacy went up in flames.

Yeah Homer. Stop forcing DKW to make stupid posts. How is he suppose to make history fit his latest narrative if, you keep introducing facts and context.

Why in God's name will you not allow him to teach his 7th grade history class here? Why will you not allow Raptor to teach 7th grade civics. Stop disrupting the class. Some of us are trying to learn from these great minds.

Yeah Homer. Stop forcing DKW to make stupid posts. How is he suppose to make history fit his latest narrative if, you keep introducing facts and context.

Why in God's name will you not allow him to teach his 7th grade history class here? Why will you not allow Raptor to teach 7th grade civics. Stop disrupting the class. Some of us are trying to learn from these great minds.

You make a good point.

It's my BS detector. It just goes crazy whenever I read his posts.

You make a good point.

Poor Homer. You just do not understand. Information is not something you process and allow to shape your thoughts and ideas. Information is something you parse and manipulate in order to support your beliefs.

It is not about thinking. It is about knowing. Presenting facts and context are no match for forceful rhetoric.

You make a good point.

Poor Homer. You just do not understand. Information is not something you process and allow to shape your thoughts and ideas. Information is something you parse and manipulate in order to support your beliefs.

It is not about thinking. It is about knowing. Presenting facts and context are no match for forceful rhetoric.

And we all know how "forceful" DKW can be! ;)

You make a good point.

And we all know how "forceful" DKW can be! ;)

That is what I mean. You should try it. If you really, really believe you know everything, you can use forceful rhetoric too. It is not about learning. It is about KNOWING. You have to truly believe you are smarter than the other posters on all subjects.

It is not what you know to be factual that is, in fact, factual. It is your belief in knowing what you do not actually know and your ability to manipulate information into supporting those beliefs. When questioned, you should not respond with thoughts or facts. You respond with indignation, insults, hyperbolic rhetoric, and outrage. Narratives, rhetoric and arguing not, facts, thoughts, and discussion.

You project intellect but, for the most part, you fail to project the arrogance of absolute understanding and, a demanding of agreement.

If i thought either of you to knew anymore than some crazy talking points i would be offended.

As for World History, i got at least a minor in it.

As for Carter, worst president in the last 50 years, I refuse to waste any time on re-examining his failed Presidency.

He got elected talking about "The Misery Index" (Inflation and Un-employment).

Funny thing, his policies were so bad that "The Misery Index" actually went up under his watch, not that he cared one thing for the common folks.

http://www.history.c...-hostage-crisis

The United States, fearful of stirring up hostilities in the Middle East, did not come to the defense of its old ally. (For one thing, President Carter, aware of the Shah’s terrible record in that department, was reluctant to defend him.) However, in October 1979 President Carter agreed to allow the exiled leader to enter the U.S. for treatment of an advanced malignant lymphoma. His decision was humanitarian, not political; nevertheless, as one American later noted, it was like throwing “a burning branch into a bucket of kerosene.” Anti-American sentiment in Iran exploded.

If i thought either of you to knew anymore than some crazy talking points i would be offended.

As for Carter, worst president in the last 50 years, I refuse to waste any time on re-examining his failed Presidency.

Funny thing, his policies were so bad that "The Misery Index" actually went up under his watch, not that he cared one thing for the common folks.

http://www.history.c...-hostage-crisis

The United States, fearful of stirring up hostilities in the Middle East, did not come to the defense of its old ally. (For one thing, President Carter, aware of the Shah’s terrible record in that department, was reluctant to defend him.) However, in October 1979 President Carter agreed to allow the exiled leader to enter the U.S. for treatment of an advanced malignant lymphoma. His decision was humanitarian, not political; nevertheless, as one American later noted, it was like throwing “a burning branch into a bucket of kerosene.” Anti-American sentiment in Iran exploded.

Homer,

See highlighted, red text above.

I don't need to think about nuthin. I done no it already. I done got me a miner in world historys. You cant learn me nuthin.

That is how you do it.

Hell no. Carter never cared for the common people. It's self-evident. Just look at his behavior after he left office. What a self-righteous scumbag.

:-\

DK we know Carter was a massive failure. Our problems with Iran came about not because he supported the Shah but rather because he dumped him, paving the way for Khomeini to return and set up the Iran we've known since.

DK we know Carter was a massive failure. Our problems with Iran came about not because he supported the Shah but rather because he dumped him, paving the way for Khomeini to return and set up the Iran we've known since.

:laugh: That's pretty good.

:laugh:/> That's pretty good.

It is also true. He also paved the way for the Sandinistas to come to power in Nicaragua. Dangit I forgot they're really good people. We should be friends with them.

:laugh:/> That's pretty good.

It is also true. He also paved the way for the Sandinistas to come to power in Nicaragua. Dangit I forgot they're really good people. We should be friends with them.

You are shameless.

Hell no. Carter never cared for the common people. It's self-evident. Just look at his behavior after he left office. What a self-righteous scumbag.

:-\/>

Carter AFTER the presidency tried his best to rebuild a broken legacy. He may have worked harder than any other president to live down his tenure in office. Post doesn't men his time in office still didn't suck tho.

Yeah, THAT'S when our problem with Iran began...

(Cough, cough, CIA, 1953, cough, cough.)

I have a friend that is such a turd that he refused to believe one word of the Albert Means Scandal, even when proved in a Memphis Federal Court Room.

Yall remind me of him...

http://www.msnbc.com...dern-presidents

Take out the banshee screamers from the Tea Party and...MSNBC rates Carter the worst.

http://us-presidents...#1-jimmy-carter

Carter again rated the worst from Inside Gov.

http://thefairjilt.c...tury-part-four/

Carter 12th out of 17. Only one but Coolidge to not have a major scandal involved.

http://www.pennlive....ssors_on_t.html

Professors Picks: Carter: Worst on Economics

My opinion of Carter is shared by even the real thinkers on the Left.

That a boy, John! Keep that methodical march to the White House going....it's a marathon, and we haven't even had our first meet yet. :)

I have a friend that is such a turd that he refused to believe one word of the Albert Means Scandal, even when proved in a Memphis Federal Court Room.

Yall remind me of him...

http://www.msnbc.com...dern-presidents

Take out the banshee screamers from the Tea Party and...MSNBC rates Carter the worst.

http://us-presidents...#1-jimmy-carter

Carter again rated the worst from Inside Gov.

http://thefairjilt.c...tury-part-four/

Carter 12th out of 17. Only one but Coolidge to not have a major scandal involved.

http://www.pennlive....ssors_on_t.html

Professors Picks: Carter: Worst on Economics

My opinion of Carter is shared by even the real thinkers on the Left.

No doubt his administration performed poorly under difficult circumstances. However, your populist narrative is not absolute (yes, I am aware that, in your mind, your opinion is. So please, spare me the PMs.).

Carter is the last President to actually lower the debt burden when adjusted for inflation. Perhaps he did not know that, "deficits don't matter"?

Carter never had to go to congress and ask for an unqualified Trillion dollars.

Despite the Shah being overthrown and the bungled attempt to rescue the hostages, Carter did broker peace between Egypt and Israel.

Point being, the point is debatable and, relative. Has the destruction created/caused by subsequent administrations been as easy to overcome?

And, although it is outside of his presidency, I cannot think of any former president who has done more for humanity after leaving office.

So, while labeling Jimmy Carter, "the worst U.S. president of a generation" may be easy and fashionable, is it more representative of reality or rhetoric?

I believe the reality is definitely arguable.

Archived