8-29-15 Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

DKW 86

Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans? (Pick Two)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who you Got-Prefer: Republicans?

• Donald Trump
    • Marco Rubio
    • Jeb Bush
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Rick Santorum
    • Ben Carlson
    • Rand Paul
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Scott Walker
    • John Kasich
    • Ted Cruz
    • Bobby Jindal

Carter post presidency has been a good endeavor. Great humanitarian, etc. His hapless handling of Iran, the economy, taxes, interest rates, inflation, Misery Index was all just laughable. As I demonsated before, more than just myself think he was a failure. The Camp David Accords were a spectacular success in an otherwise bad term.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carter post presidency has been a good endeavor. Great humanitarian, etc. His hapless handling of Iran, the economy, taxes, interest rates, inflation, Misery Index was all just laughable. As I demonsated before, more than just myself think he was a failure. The Camp David Accords were a spectacular success in an otherwise bad term.

Don't get me wrong. I understand and respect your opinion. I just disagree. Failure, yes. Worst, I don't think so.

I do have a bias. I tend to respect presidents who resist utilizing Keynesian policies at the first signs of trouble (not to say I don't believe in Keynesian policies but, only for serious economic issues, not as a political tool).

Interesting that Carter cut the capital gains rate and, job creation during his tenure is second only to that of Clinton.

Carter's failures did not leave a mess that too decades and trillions of dollars to clean up. That is why, I do not believe you can call him the "worst".

Don't get me wrong. I understand and respect your opinion. I just disagree. Failure, yes. Worst, I don't think so.

I do have a bias. I tend to respect presidents who resist utilizing Keynesian policies at the first signs of trouble (not to say I don't believe in Keynesian policies but, only for serious economic issues, not as a political tool).

Interesting that Carter cut the capital gains rate and, job creation during his tenure is second only to that of Clinton.

Carter's failures did not leave a mess that too decades and trillions of dollars to clean up. That is why, I do not believe you can call him the "worst".

Excellent points. Carter is criticized more on how things felt. Reagan is praised for the same reasons.

I have a friend that is such a turd that he refused to believe one word of the Albert Means Scandal, even when proved in a Memphis Federal Court Room.

Yall remind me of him...

http://www.msnbc.com...dern-presidents

Take out the banshee screamers from the Tea Party and...MSNBC rates Carter the worst.

http://us-presidents...#1-jimmy-carter

Carter again rated the worst from Inside Gov.

http://thefairjilt.c...tury-part-four/

Carter 12th out of 17. Only one but Coolidge to not have a major scandal involved.

http://www.pennlive....ssors_on_t.html

Professors Picks: Carter: Worst on Economics

My opinion of Carter is shared by even the real thinkers on the Left.

No doubt his administration performed poorly under difficult circumstances. However, your populist narrative is not absolute (yes, I am aware that, in your mind, your opinion is. So please, spare me the PMs.).

Carter is the last President to actually lower the debt burden when adjusted for inflation. Perhaps he did not know that, "deficits don't matter"?

Carter never had to go to congress and ask for an unqualified Trillion dollars.

Despite the Shah being overthrown and the bungled attempt to rescue the hostages, Carter did broker peace between Egypt and Israel.

Point being, the point is debatable and, relative. Has the destruction created/caused by subsequent administrations been as easy to overcome?

And, although it is outside of his presidency, I cannot think of any former president who has done more for humanity after leaving office.

So, while labeling Jimmy Carter, "the worst U.S. president of a generation" may be easy and fashionable, is it more representative of reality or rhetoric?

I believe the reality is definitely arguable.

I suffer through the worst this board has to offer in order to get an education like this. Well done ICHY

Archived