Preseason Rankings and Strength of Schedule

StatTiger

A one-loss team would get in for sure. With how much parity it seems like the SEC might have this year, it seems very possible that the champion could have two losses. I think how the SEC (especially the West) performs in the marquee Power 5 match ups will go a long way in making the decision in the event that happens.

^^This. As much as you may hate it, Bama beating Wisconsin and aTm beating ASU Week 1 will be as important to the eventual SEC champion as AU beating Louisville.

I actually like it, to be honest. If SOS becomes even more important, then we'll need our opponents to do well, in general. Just not against us or when we need them to lose. To me, it makes the whole season make more sense. Not saying I'm pulling for Bama; but it's definitely rational to 'want' them to win that game against Wisky.

A one-loss team would get in for sure. With how much parity it seems like the SEC might have this year, it seems very possible that the champion could have two losses. I think how the SEC (especially the West) performs in the marquee Power 5 match ups will go a long way in making the decision in the event that happens.

^^This. As much as you may hate it, Bama beating Wisconsin and aTm beating ASU Week 1 will be as important to the eventual SEC champion as AU beating Louisville.

I actually like it, to be honest. If SOS becomes even more important, then we'll need our opponents to do well, in general. Just not against us or when we need them to lose. To me, it makes the whole season make more sense. Not saying I'm pulling for Bama; but it's definitely rational to 'want' them to win that game against Wisky.

an unfortunate truth.....

SELECTION COMMITTEE PROTOCOL

How To Select the Four Best Teams to Compete for the College Football National Championship

(Adopted unanimously by the BCS Group – June 20, 2012)

When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

• Championships won
  • Strength of schedule
  • Head-to-head competition (if it occurred)
  • Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)

Even though this states BCS, it is the same protocol used by the playoff committee.

Agree. And, I hate to say it...I just don't see the unwashed west vancesters having much difficulty with the Badgers. IMHO

Agree. And, I hate to say it...I just don't see the unwashed west vancesters having much difficulty with the Badgers. IMHO

My hope is for a 0-0 tie that goes to OT and the bammers win it 3-0....which gives all those rabid fans another chance to sing the ole rammer jammer or whatever they call it.... .".....we just beat the he** out of you"............and maintains the SOS for both teams..

My hope is for a 0-0 tie that goes to OT and the bammers win it 3-0....which gives all those rabid fans another chance to sing the ole rammer jammer or whatever they call it.... .".....we just beat the he** out of you"............and maintains the SOS for both teams..

Haha. I like the way you think !!!

Archived