We find out about our team on Saturday

cason

I have never been this clueless about the quality of a team after two games than I am right now.

We're getting bashed to hell on ESPN, especially by Heather Dinnich, whoever she is.

I'm not looking for great on Saturday.

Looking mainly for improvement and consistency on Offense. No big mistakes and 4 full qtrs on D.

Better on both sides of the ball means good things are happening and I'll take that.

I agree..this Saturday should tell more of the tale. But even so, with all the bad vibes and rash of injuries to good but young players on both sides of the ball, I am afraid to be too optimistic until we get our feet under us. JMHO

Yes, Saturday will tell us a lot. Even if we were to lose, will we go down fighting like in 2013 or folding the tents like we did in 2011 in

BR or like we did against uga last season? A win would be a wonderful surprise. If we lose, how we lose, will tell us much about the state of the program.

wde

no repeat of uga last year. fight unttil the end. not until the end of the first quarter.

I'm not even sure we fought to the end of the 1st quarter of the UGA game last year.

I have never been this clueless about the quality of a team after two games than I am right now.

We're getting bashed to hell on ESPN, especially by Heather Dinnich, whoever she is.

If my forehead was that big, I wouldn't be so quick to hurl insults.

If my forehead was that big, I wouldn't be so quick to hurl insults.

That's a fivehead.

If JJ can calm down our Off. will be fine. We are running the ball very well. If we get some of the walking wounded back on Def. they will be fine as well. I think last week was a fluke. I don't know why it happens but if Auburn plays before noon it's almost always bad. The strange thing is that it's over several coaching staffs. LSU only really played well half the game last week. If we can find a way to stop that read play (I know it's a big if) we will win this week.

If JJ can calm down our Off. will be fine. We are running the ball very well. If we get some of the walking wounded back on Def. they will be fine as well. I think last week was a fluke. I don't know why it happens but if Auburn plays before noon it's almost always bad. The strange thing is that it's over several coaching staffs. LSU only really played well half the game last week. If we can find a way to stop that read play (I know it's a big if) we will win this week.

Allow me to add a few more "Ifs" 1) if Johnson can vanquish those demons in his head; 2) if we can stop fournette with a banged up D; 3) if our offensive line can gel; and 4) if our secondary learns to stop the slant. If ALL of those ifs are satisfied then maybe we win.

May not "find out about our team" by the end of this game (#3). Lots of football to be played. 1 SEC west loss would not be the end of the world. Or even the season. I'll be surprised if there aren't big offensive numbers by both sides in this one. I'm more concerned about staying away from injuries than about losing to LSU in Baton Rouge, which we've done now 7 times in a row - including with some very good Auburn teams. Not so much a sin anyway, LSU has finished in the top 10 in 5 of the last 7 years we played in BR.

I am pretty sure that we already know about our team. We just don't want to admit it.

Stout on D when healthy but injuries are killing us. We have no depth on D. Our O is a hot mess unless JJ can play light years better... on the road in the toughest environment in the SEC - a place we have not won in 16 years.

I know I am going to get blasted for this. But I am beginning to see a pattern and it is alarming. The pattern is players who are not disciplined and a coach who refuses to own up to his failure and his players failures. This has seem to lead to a farther bleeding.

I am hoping to the utmost I am wrong, but I think Gus cannot handle kids. Gus has yet to show any remorse for a flat uninspired team that showed up last Saturday, but mad excuses and talked of growing pains...... I have lost all confidence in his ability to coach.

Unfortunately, this team isn't JJ's yet. By that, I mean he hasn't taken ownership, leadership-wise.

Going to call you out on this one... this is a stupid comment. Just about every offensive player has mentioned specifically about JJ really becoming a leader this year and that it was his team. Almost directly opposite of your comment.

Bad play doesn't mean he's not a leader. I was at the Louisville game myself and saw JJ lead the team out of the tunnel, talking to players on the sidelines getting them motivated, etc. You basically just made one big assumption based off of his production and nothing to do with what is going on in the background.

It's funny reading all of the sky is falling comments. Before the season started we knew that we had inexperience at QB. A new O-Line and no depth on D. Well now everyone acts like Gus is a terrible coach because what we knew is a reality. I think many are victims of wearing Orange and Blue glasses. I really think we are a lot closer than many think. We didnt play last week against a small school. More than likely we just looked past them. That isn't anything new in college football. JJ for sure needs to play better and I'm sure they are working on that. The Def. needs to get healthy Gus can't control that. I don't know if we will win this week or not but I'll bet we put a lot better product on the field.

It's funny reading all of the sky is falling comments. Before the season started we knew that we had inexperience at QB. A new O-Line and no depth on D. Well now everyone acts like Gus is a terrible coach because what we knew is a reality. I think many are victims of wearing Orange and Blue glasses. I really think we are a lot closer than many think. We didnt play last week against a small school. More than likely we just looked past them. That isn't anything new in college football. JJ for sure needs to play better and I'm sure they are working on that. The Def. needs to get healthy Gus can't control that. I don't know if we will win this week or not but I'll bet we put a lot better product on the field.

Many actually argued against those very ideas.

Alabama had more turnover than any SEC team yet, I don't hear them making excuses. They certainly don't look like a team in ruins or in the midst of a rebuilding process..

We are super young! This team will experience "growing pains" this whole season. It's natural with this type of youth in the SEC West.

Archived