Contrasting Programs

mom2kid

And as far as last year goes, we were 6 inches from losing the game to ole miss. I dont know what is going on down on the plains, but something more troubling than talent level.

I've boiled it down to either the top 15+ recruiting classes we've brought on are all duds (which is weird), all of our coaches can't coach (weirder because they've been successful everywhere before and after Auburn), or there is a culture problem at Auburn (which shouldn't be an issue since Chizik's departure).

I must have watched another ole miss vs bama game last night. The game i saw was a game that the better team didnt win. Three fumbles on speacial teams and two fluke plays for touchdowns. The refs cant seem to get the call right on the run pass play. Even auburns touchdown should have been called back. The tip pass off the helmet for touvhdown was ala, dogs vs auburn play.

And as far as last year goes, we were 6 inches from losing the game to ole miss. I dont know what is going on down on the plains, but something more troubling than talent level.

Oh ? What does the rule say ?

It has been a difficult 3 weeks for AU fans where so much enthusiasm and excitement has turned into huge disappointment and concern over the direction of the program. Watching the Ole Miss-Bama game really served as a reminder of how far this team is from playing competitive SEC football but even more, how off this team is compared to Ole Miss. Chad Kelly is playing the way JJ was supposed to play. Their offense is playing fast and in rhythm. Their defense is fast and physical.

I for one have always questioned RG and I continue to believe that our Dline play and recruiting greatly lags. I now question RL as O and QB coach. It really bothered me when Gus and Rhett refused to let Marshall get one on one training with Whitfield. It would have been to help with mechanics. In spite of coaches declarations, NM was not better year 2. This year we continue to not only question the play-calling, we have major questions about JJ (the hype, the hype, the failures, the lack of development).

Our recruiting has brought in highly rated O players; we've lagged more in D recruiting. I believe WM,TR, and LT will recruit much better D players. But top recruits know what coaches will develop them for the NFL. We will not attract elite D line until we replace RG. As for the offense, elite WRs don't sign because they dont see us as having a killer passing attack. This year won't change that. UGA brings in elite QBs each year and yet their starter is a transfer. We apparently don't have a replacement for JJ on the team. Elite QBs are not signing with AU. Now let's be clear, we have enough talent to be competitive. There is no excuse for the play of this team. But player development or lack of is now a major concern.

Thank you and Amen. You get it.

wde

every year during recruiting their are guys that dont choose us or we say we dont need that become superstars at other schools. its either our coachs cant recruit or cant coach and why do our guys always look undersized especially on defense

every year during recruiting their are guys that dont choose us or we say we dont need that become superstars at other schools. its either our coachs cant recruit or cant coach and why do our guys always look undersized especially on defense

The biggest thing I've noticed is just how slow we look on defense this year. Fast and physical my butt.

Watch Ole Miss get into the backfield and literally chase down players from behind. Hell we can barely catch up to them just getting to simple edge sweeps.

Every year we sign kids that are aggressively sought after by virtually every major SEC school and many other too. Our recruiting classes rank up with the top schools in the country year after year. Our ranking (which means a great deal to many people on this board) almost routinely among the top ten. And check the roster and tell me that our OL or DL is undersized.

The team may have problems winning some games lately but JMO, it's not the talent level. Perhaps you might want to consider the instruction they are getting.

The biggest thing I've noticed is just how slow we look on defense this year. Fast and physical my butt.

Watch Ole Miss get into the backfield and literally chase down players from behind. Hell we can barely catch up to them just getting to simple edge sweeps.

bingo...what I've been thinking after watching a few games.

I can't stand Obama but last night they had a chance to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Auburn, on the other hand, got hit in the mouth from the get-go and just kept taking punches.

Archived