White starting - CONFIRMED

Quietmaninthecorner

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying to be negative, just wondering if anybody knows of a time when a starting qb was benched and the backup came in and turned the season around to be a very good team. Maybe not a playoff team but around a top 10? I know this team has the talent to do it but I can't think of any times this has happened.

Not trying to be negative, just wondering if anybody knows of a time when a starting qb was benched and the backup came in and turned the season around to be a very good team. Maybe not a playoff team but around a top 10? I know this team has the talent to do it but I can't think of any times this has happened.

JMO but waaay to much research to find out something that has no bearing on today's game. Consider that across college football, QBs get hurt or teams change horses along the way and do just fine. Ohio State pulled their starter last week in the first half I think it was....and not the first time.

I think the question for AU is whether the defense will shake off their funk and play hard for the entire game.

The offense, Malzahn said, won't have to be scaled back in any way Saturday when White takes the field against Mississippi State's defense.

"He can run our entire offense, so we feel comfortable with calling everything," Malzahn said.

Best news I seen in the last couple days....

That's relieving.

Guys, that's just coach speak. What else would he possibly say?

Hasn't this board learned by now that we can't rely on anything Malzahn says? Cmon man!!

True but how many times have we been told that we are only playing with part of the play book....so perhaps, this is accurate....we will find out in a few days. If SW runs the same 5 plays that JJ ran we know the issues with the offense are deeper than just the QBs.

BUT.....while I'm usually the skeptic here.....I'm optimistic this time...though not sure why? :dunno:/>

He said the EXACT same thing with Jeremy lol

He even said it several times, even after the struggle games this season

Jeremy did know the entire offense. He just couldn't execute it on Saturday. We'll find out about Sean today.

I am starting an official rumor. Sean White has been clocked at 4.45 in the 40. You can tell people you read it somewhere. You're welcome. ;D/>

there are people on this board that will deny this is a rumr and claim he is faster.

I am starting an official rumor. Sean White has been clocked at 4.45 in the 40. You can tell people you read it somewhere. You're welcome. ;D/>

there are people on this board that will deny this is a rumr and claim he is faster.

Haha, works for me.

Haha, works for me.

I hear 4.32, but Gus is holding back.

Haha, works for me.

I hear 4.32, but Gus is holding back.

Hand timed, I'm sure. I'm 58 years old and I run a 4.47 with the right person hand timing.

At my son's football practice this week, a parent of one of our better player was telling some other parents he ran a 4.4 in high school and runs a 4.5 now. I just acted like i didn't hear him. Dude is in his mid thirties and don't look out of shape but not ready to suit up either. My point is these numbers get flung around very loosely.

At my son's football practice this week, a parent of one of our better player was telling some other parents he ran a 4.4 in high school and runs a 4.5 now. I just acted like i didn't hear him. Dude is in his mid thirties and don't look out of shape but not ready to suit up either. My point is these numbers get flung around very loosely.

I absolutely quote my imaginary 40 time at work, social gatherings and to pretty much anyone who'll listen. I can tell it impresses the men and really gets the women going. I'm a pretty popular guy.

There is also what is known as football speed. Some people don't have the great 40 time but in a game in full pads they are plenty fast. The reverse is also true.

exactly.

Well my vertical will be 36 inches until I'm at least 80....

There is also what is known as football speed. Some people don't have the great 40 time but in a game in full pads they are plenty fast. The reverse is also true.

This. No coach could get me to run full speed for the sake of a 40 time. However, I never got burned for a big play and I tracked down plenty of running backs.

Archived