White starting - CONFIRMED

Quietmaninthecorner

The offense, Malzahn said, won't have to be scaled back in any way Saturday when White takes the field against Mississippi State's defense.

"He can run our entire offense, so we feel comfortable with calling everything," Malzahn said.

Best news I seen in the last couple days....

That's relieving.

Guys, that's just coach speak. What else would he possibly say?

The way I look at it is he has nothing to gain by saying it, unless it is true.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The offense, Malzahn said, won't have to be scaled back in any way Saturday when White takes the field against Mississippi State's defense.

"He can run our entire offense, so we feel comfortable with calling everything," Malzahn said.

That's relieving.

Hasn't this board learned by now that we can't rely on anything Malzahn says? Cmon man!!

True but how many times have we been told that we are only playing with part of the play book....so perhaps, this is accurate....we will find out in a few days. If SW runs the same 5 plays that JJ ran we know the issues with the offense are deeper than just the QBs.

BUT.....while I'm usually the skeptic here.....I'm optimistic this time...though not sure why? :dunno:/>

He said the EXACT same thing with Jeremy lol

He even said it several times, even after the struggle games this season

That's relieving.

Hasn't this board learned by now that we can't rely on anything Malzahn says? Cmon man!!

True but how many times have we been told that we are only playing with part of the play book....so perhaps, this is accurate....we will find out in a few days. If SW runs the same 5 plays that JJ ran we know the issues with the offense are deeper than just the QBs.

BUT.....while I'm usually the skeptic here.....I'm optimistic this time...though not sure why? :dunno:/>

Probably true but the circumstances are much different....and unless you ask the coach to put his hand on the Bible when he makes these kind of observations, you have to judge each circumstances and interpret what is intended and what he actually means....and then watch what happens on the field.

Guess I'm one of the few who has very low expectations of "clarity" from interviews with coaches...therefore I'm more inclined to go by what I see and not so much by what they say..... pre-game or post-game. Kinda have to consider the entire picture and not just the words they speak. JMO anyway.

Guess I'm one of the few who has very low expectations of "clarity" from interviews with coaches...therefore I'm more inclined to go by what I see and not so much by what they say..... pre-game or post-game. Kinda have to consider the entire picture and not just the words they speak. JMO anyway.

This season has adjusted my expectations in that department. I'll be naive as long as I'm alive, but continue to get less so every season.

This season has adjusted my expectations in that department. I'll be naive as long as I'm alive, but continue to get less so every season.

As you get older you see more reasons to "adjust your expectations"....I used to be a believer but too many people over the years have looked me right in the eyes and told me bald faced lies....wish it were not the case. But the good side of it is that with lowered expectations, there is not near as much disappointment when the truth dawns.

SO....hoping SW knows the book and the coaches will not be reluctant to stretch the offense on Saturday.

Two different arguments only a couple of people see it...it's funny. I have noticed how most the people that were calling for jj to get pulled are all on the same side though. It's almost like people saying jj doesn't deserve anybody to say, damn wish it would have worked out different

Because "damn wish it would've worked out different" is the extent people here are going to...pause not (internet points to those who know the reference). You think I don't wish it would've worked out differently? I'd love to be talking about JJs Heisman chances right now instead of hoping Sean can salvage our season. "Damn wish it would've worked out different" is miles away from the "devastation", the "hurt" and the now multiple "open letters" to JJ. Don't misrepresent my argument just because you disagree with it.

I didn't represent anything the first quote you replied to YOU'RE the one who said you don't feel bad for him, you feel bad for a guy like Lawson. Those are your words

The mobile version won't let me go back and read the exact quote but I do remember saying something to that effect. Does it suck that JJs probably pretty down right now? Yeah that sucks but I'm not super choked up about it. Guess I'm different than most.

I think some of us are merely pointing out that literally everyone on this board was calling for JJ to be benched, screaming at the Internet and declaring him the worst qb ever, among other things, with rabid ferocity. But the moment he's benched these same people start writing eulogies for the guy like he passed away instead of sliding to second string, using words like "devastated" and "heartbroken". It was juat really weird....

Everybody got what they wanted then. I'm eager to see what we have in White and I feel that starting in Auburn is a good starting point for him. However, we are obviously killing that momentum we had at the end of the game.

There goes the Qb runs too.

We didn't have any momentum at the end of the LSU game. LSU was playing scrubs and we could barely score a couple of TDs against them.

Everybody got what they wanted then. I'm eager to see what we have in White and I feel that starting in Auburn is a good starting point for him. However, we are obviously killing that momentum we had at the end of the game.

There goes the Qb runs too.

We didn't have any momentum at the end of the LSU game. LSU was playing scrubs and we could barely score a couple of TDs against them.

Haha, yeah, momentum?! Wow.

And it's great that Jeremy was capable of running in a straight line unimpeded all the way to the end zone. He displayed almost zero useful mobility beyond that.

Sean White will bring more elusiveness and peripheral vision to the position. He's not going to break off any 65 yarders, but we already saw the only one of those we were going to get from JJ. White will extend plays, avoid pressure while keeping his eyes downfield, be able to move for some decent gains when necessary and, most of all, not throw the ball to the wrong team more often than to the right one. Auburn will be a better football team going forward.

Nobody knows what white can do. But in the spring game he didn't do any of that elusive stuff. He actually held on to the ball too long. But even that is better than throwing it to the wrong team

Nobody knows what white can do. But in the spring game he didn't do any of that elusive stuff. He actually held on to the ball too long. But even that is better than throwing it to the wrong team

I saw that too. He just needs to release the ball a bit quicker. Hopefully he does this Saturday.

A couple things. From what I have seen, I think White is probably a better ball handler in the backfield on fakes, etc. Secondly, at 6' the OL is going to have to be more aware of creating passing lanes for White. It is a slightly different way to pass block.

Both of Auburn's first drives had first downs. Both failed to convert on 3rd down due to poor passes from JJ. Easy throws.. Not to mention the first two HUGE mistakes for Auburn were done by JJ... If SW can not do those things, It'll be a ball game.

Both of Auburn's first drives had first downs. Both failed to convert on 3rd down due to poor passes from JJ. Easy throws.. Not to mention the first two HUGE mistakes for Auburn were done by JJ... If SW can not do those things, It'll be a ball game.

Exactly

Sean White is 'only' a redshirt Freshman but tonight....

When Cincinnati QB Gunter Kiehl goes down with an injury against Memphis, true Freshman QB Hayden Moore comes in and is now 28 of 49, 501 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT. ( Score is 46-46 with 2:36 left in the 4th)

When Cincinnati QB Gunter Kiehl goes down with an injury against Memphis, true Freshman QB Hayden Moore comes in and is now 28 of 49, 501 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT. ( Score is 46-46 with 2:36 left in the 4th)

what is going on with tubs defense?

modern day college football....as discussed numerous times, the offense has all kind of advantages over the defense these days. .....well except those that have been playing AU so far this season.....but hoping that changes tomorrow.

That's relieving.

Probably true but the circumstances are much different....and unless you ask the coach to put his hand on the Bible when he makes these kind of observations, you have to judge each circumstances and interpret what is intended and what he actually means....and then watch what happens on the field.

I agree with this Moss Point alum ..........also it was obvious that jeremey lost the team/locker........change was needed..........must admit figured by this point in season we would be 3w-0l.........and qb would be least of our worries

Hi Kev.....been a while since I've seen commentary from you.... .hope all going OK down on the bayou.

BTW...the hit on the Cincy QB as he was sliding to the ground... put him out of the game and the flag was picked up.....and Countess got tossed for something much less violent or intentional ?

Officials all seem to have a different view of this rule. Meanwhile, Kiel is probably done for the year with a second concussion in consecutive weeks....lots of criticism of Tubs today for even having him on the field.

AND...did I read this right...a kid from Pinson, AL came in for Cincy and threw for over 500 yards last night? Freshman Hayden Moore.....

AND...did I read this right...a kid from Pinson, AL came in for Cincy and threw for over 500 yards last night? Freshman Hayden Moore.....

Can't be correct. He's just a freshman.

Can't be correct. He's just a freshman.

Yes...and mostly unknown who was not recruited by AU or Bama.....gotta be a misprint....

https://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Hayden-Moore-146454

Exactly the type of kid Tubs recruits ... the unheralded 2-3 star and turns them into a very productive player. Since they played last night, maybe we can borrow him Sat. It would be awesome if White has this performance tomorrow.

Archived