White starting - CONFIRMED

Quietmaninthecorner

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still looking for just improvement. I like that Gus realized a change was needed and went with it. Looks like he's not as stubborn with his choices as we thought.

My crow is delicious.

Seems like a step in the right direction...

Best case scenario if this pans out is White could potentially be a 3-4 year starter, which is something we haven't had in ages.

Worst case scenario is Gus at least tried something new.

No...he just read this message board!

I think a hearty congratulations are in order for the AU Family Forum on getting a QB change done.

Absolutely.....and who said that Gus did not read this board ?.

Meanwhile, before expectations get too high, I'm hoping that SW just does not lose the game. I still think there is enough talent on the offense to win the game if the QB does not put the team in a hole with his play.

This is good news...just google "Sean White highlights" he can run a little...but has a great Football IQ!

And no reason not to dust off the wildcat with either Smith or Louis...provide a little bit of the old Gus's trickery.

Seems like a step in the right direction...

Best case scenario if this pans out is White could potentially be a 3-4 year starter, which is something we haven't had in ages.

Worst case scenario is Gus at least tried something new.

Agreed. People saying "Hopefully the time off allows JJ the opportunity to get his head straight" are missing the point. Hopefully Sean does so well that JJ doesn't see the field again.

I wish Young Mr. White all the best..... But remember, those that called for this change must now own it..............

Saying Sean doesn't run will not prove to be an accurate prediction in the zone read. He needs to be quick, which he can be, and have good judgement when choosing how to attack the defense he sees. That is to be seen. I'm psyched over this change. I love Jeremy, he's a drop back QB and I think in some respects Gus was the one who could not adapt.

I wish Young Mr. White all the best..... But remember, those that called for this change must now own it..............

That's fine if those who object to the change are willing to "own" what has gone on so far this year.

Frankly, no matter how it works out with #13, IMO this is something that needs to be done...or otherwise, we are saying that the level of play in the first 3 games (with no evidence of improvement) is good enough for Auburn.

No one should be real happy about this but it had to happen. Possible self evaluation for JJ at this point , maybe more than what he would have done going in as the starter.

I love Jeremy, he's a drop back QB and I think in some respects Gus was the one who could not adapt.

Jeremy wasn't asked to run AT ALL in the first 2 games and was only asked to a few times against LSU. Drop back passers have to be able to comfortably sit in the pocket, read the field, make good decisions and deliver the ball accurately. Jeremy could do none of those.

That's fine if those who object to the change are willing to "own" what has gone on so far this year.

Frankly, no matter how it works out with #13, IMO this is something that needs to be done...or otherwise, we are saying that the level of play in the first 3 games (with no evidence of improvement) is good enough for Auburn.

No argument from me. I wish Him all the best. Just don't go too far off the deep end. In coach speak...."it is what it is"...

If White can read a defense and move the ball passing then......

Running game gets going

Defense gets better

Auburn wins football!

Archived