Al Borges

auburn4ever

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very imaginative play calling by Al. He called a much better game than our staff did.

For everyone who wants to dog Ab, he out performed BOTH of our offensive coordinators today

Maybe but he definitely out-performed his old friend Muschamp..........picked his defense apart and with a little better QB they could have won the game IMO.

Without the turnovers, we're likely talking about a loss today. That's the one area where Will really won the war.

We had 2 good years with Lashlee. Now look at our offense. Borges could do a lot better. Heck, SJS hung over 400 yards on us. That's why I wish Al was back on our staff.

big al gave our staff a lesson in how to call a game...without the turnovers, we lose

Without the turnovers, we likely lose big.

big al gave our staff a lesson in how to call a game...without the turnovers, we lose

Without the turnovers, we likely lose big.

we also got lucky to recover all 4 of our own fumbles. We were not the better team.

If, if, if, if.......you people are funny as hell. Those turnovers were created because of aggressive play. Fumbles and interceptions are as much a part of the game as scoring touchdowns. We forced those turnovers and deserved to win the damn game. Al Borges did a fantastic job yesterday, but how many of you remember on this very board what was said when Tubs made the change in 2007? "This offense is predictable and everyone has figured him out".

Funny people we are.....

If, if, if, if.......you people are funny as hell. Those turnovers were created because of aggressive play. Fumbles and interceptions are as much a part of the game as scoring touchdowns. We forced those turnovers and deserved to win the damn game. Al Borges did a fantastic job yesterday, but how many of you remember on this very board what was said when Tubs made the change in 2007? "This offense is predictable and everyone has figured him out".

Funny people we are.....

no actually one fumble was because the official didn't blow the play dead like he should have. We caused fumbles and int because we are bigger, faster, stronger and naturally more talented. As far as organization, detail, style and fundamentals we were out classed.

Funny people we are.....

no actually one fumble was because the official didn't blow the play dead like he should have. We caused fumbles and int because we are bigger, faster, stronger and naturally more talented. As far as organization, detail, style and fundamentals we were out classed.

It wasn't a slow whistle. I'm it was coming any second, but I wouldn't call it late.

Ol gorgeous called a couple of plays I'd like to see in our repertoire. That bootleg fake throw back to the other side??? Run that play to roc and that's a big gain against whoever we play

Ol gorgeous called a couple of plays I'd like to see in our repertoire. That bootleg fake throw back to the other side??? Run that play to roc and that's a big gain against whoever we play

gus had a ton of plays that creates space and tricks defenses and spectators, camera men. They are all MIA.

gus had a ton of plays that creates space and tricks defenses and spectators, camera men. They are all MIA.

Agree with both of you. It looked like to me the KJ at Wildcat had a few options built into it. Looking forward to seeing whether we pull out some new stuff against UK.

I definitely don't think Gus can't coach. I just really liked that play. I would say there were around 4 of them I thought if we ran td easy

I definitely don't think Gus can't coach. I just really liked that play. I would say there were around 4 of them I thought if we ran td easy

I wish Gus would go back and take a look at the way Borges used Cadillac and Ronnie -- or even at some of the multi-back sets he has used himself in the past. Would love to see Roc and Kerryon, Roc and Barber, Barber and Kerryon on the field at the same time in the same backfield.

AB seems to be a class act and really involves himself in the life of the university with which he is associated. I wish him the best!

I'm glad we have a week off before we go against Kentucky at their place.

You should start a new thread about the off week. I'm serious. We should think about what we need to do between now and the Kentucky game.

You should start a new thread about the off week. I'm serious. We should think about what we need to do between now and the Kentucky game.

One thing about A4E.....the moment is never too big for him, no doubt. He just takes what this message board gives him. We will find out a little more this week where he is at. He has had some mistakes, but they are correctable.

One thing about A4E.....the moment is never too big for him, no doubt. He just takes what this message board gives him. We will find out a little more this week where he is at. He has had some mistakes, but they are correctable.

LOL ... I am not sure they're correctable. I hold out some hope for golf ....

LOL ... I am not sure they're correctable. I hold out some hope for golf ....

Hmm . . . seems like I've heard all this before, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it!

Can he be one of the best posters in all of college football message boards though?

Al Borges is a very average OC with a very average resume and the sentimentality here for him is like Princess Diana blather. Good time to be sure but don't make him out as something he's never been. His hallmark is overachieving with mediocre talent and underachieving with impressive talent. Next thread...

Al Borges is a very average OC with a very average resume and the sentimentality here for him is like Princess Diana blather. Good time to be sure but don't make him out as something he's never been. His hallmark is overachieving with mediocre talent and underachieving with impressive talent. Next thread...

Yep, Ol' Al really underachieved in 2004.

Can he be one of the best posters in all of college football message boards though?

One of the better posters, ther's no doubt.

Archived