Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

If he was starting the fights yeah bad. If he was defending himself I have no problem at all. I'm assuming the coaching staff investigated it so felt like Duke was wrong in at least two alterations. But it's still an assumption. Lot of people are talking as if they know him personally.

I was also wondering is alcohol involved with the fights. Maybe he's dealing with personal demons? And does anybody not wonder after you they mess up one time why not make staying out of bars mandatory?

people are not bullying duke Williams constantly. I had friends that fought every weekend in high school. Always claiming somebody else started it. If you are looking for trouble you can easily find it. Nobody is that unfortunate. If you fight four or five times a year it is because you want to fight. Is this an assumption? Yes but it is a safe assumption. You don't dismiss your best offensive player for defending himself. The coach does know him personally and needs him worse than any of us.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was starting the fights yeah bad. If he was defending himself I have no problem at all. I'm assuming the coaching staff investigated it so felt like Duke was wrong in at least two alterations. But it's still an assumption. Lot of people are talking as if they know him personally.

I was also wondering is alcohol involved with the fights. Maybe he's dealing with personal demons? And does anybody not wonder after you they mess up one time why not make staying out of bars mandatory?

people are not bullying duke Williams constantly. I had friends that fought every weekend in high school. Always claiming somebody else started it. If you are looking for trouble you can easily find it. Nobody is that unfortunate. If you fight four or five times a year it is because you want to fight. Is this an assumption? Yes but it is a safe assumption. You don't dismiss your best offensive player for defending himself. The coach does know him personally and needs him worse than any of us.

Gus gave that kid a lot of rope over the past few months by allowing him to remain on the team after several altercations, sounds like the kid finaly hung himself.

Wow. This is a weird situation. All my time in bars,years ago I do not recall a no sunglasses policy. No hats, no tenni\atheletic shoes, yes. Back to the point cole made, maybe it was alcohol. Couldn't the dude just stay out of bars for two more months?

Honey Badger is playing in the league, so Duke's pro career is not lost. Time to put out a PR note about growing up so NFL teams will give him the time of day, then earn a chance somewhere either in the draft or the free agent signing.

As for Auburn football, this season has been pretty dismal so far, and all the bad press and the drama off the field now has made it not fun. Hi 2012. I didn't miss you at all.

Wow. This is a weird situation. All my time in bars,years ago I do not recall a no sunglasses policy. No hats, no tenni\atheletic shoes, yes.

Article referencing this policy from last year:

Editorial: Dress codes are not created equal

...But, if you are a college male, you might not be allowed inside certain bars in downtown Auburn.

Bars such as Quixotes, Skybar and 17-16 enforce strict dress codes for male patrons. There are no specific regulations enforced for women.

Quixotes and 17-16 are owned by the same person and enforce a dress code forbidding sideways hats, baggy or saggy pants, tank tops, gym shorts, shorts below the knee, plain-white T-shirts and V-necks.

No man wearing these clothes will be allowed access into these bars.

At Skybar, a small, yellow sign states no sunglass after dark can be worn, no pants hanging below the waistline, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts and no plain-white T-shirts can be worn.

These rules are specifically for men, and no rules for women are listed...

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2014/07/editorial-dress-codes-are-not-created-equal

kids need to learn that wearing sunglasses at night is dumb, so I support the rule.

Oops, my age is showing lol

Perhaps he wears his sunglasses at night, so he can, so he can watch you weave and breathe your story lines?

kids need to learn that wearing sunglasses at night is dumb, so I support the rule.

Perhaps he wears his sunglasses at night, so he can, so he can watch you weave and breathe your story lines?

Perhaps it was because he thought his future was so bright..........

Perhaps it was because he thought his future was so bright..........

lol, he wears his shades at night because the sun never sets on 'badass'

That took way too long to be referenced.

Yo.

According to the witness, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for wearing sunglasses inside, a violation of the bar's dress code policy. Williams, who the witness said appeared intoxicated, attempted to get his friend back into the bar using his local celebrity status only to be denied.

Police arrived at the scene Saturday after the incident and returned Monday, according to the witness, who said one of the victims wanted to press charges against Williams unless he was disciplined by the team.

http://www.al.com/au...d_4_people.html

The old "do you know who I am ?" argument....works every time doesn't it?

Might work in Tuscaloosa, does work in Tallahassee........

Wow. This is a weird situation. All my time in bars,years ago I do not recall a no sunglasses policy. No hats, no tenni\atheletic shoes, yes.

Article referencing this policy from last year:

Editorial: Dress codes are not created equal

...But, if you are a college male, you might not be allowed inside certain bars in downtown Auburn.

Bars such as Quixotes, Skybar and 17-16 enforce strict dress codes for male patrons. There are no specific regulations enforced for women.

Quixotes and 17-16 are owned by the same person and enforce a dress code forbidding sideways hats, baggy or saggy pants, tank tops, gym shorts, shorts below the knee, plain-white T-shirts and V-necks.

No man wearing these clothes will be allowed access into these bars.

At Skybar, a small, yellow sign states no sunglass after dark can be worn, no pants hanging below the waistline, no tank tops or sleeveless shirts and no plain-white T-shirts can be worn.

These rules are specifically for men, and no rules for women are listed...

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2014/07/editorial-dress-codes-are-not-created-equal

I agree will all but V-necks. Really? What's wrong with V-necks tees? Just find that odd...

Because making bars off limits walks the line of whether or not football players are treated as regular students or not. You ban bars then players aren't regular students anymore.

You become a student athlete you are not a regular student. You just signed up for the part of university representative and that comes with a different set of rules. There are several other organizations on campus that have strict conduct codes due to their affiliation and representation of Auburn University and they will pull the trigger on your participation very very quickly for code of conduct violations.

People defending the fights? ....come on....he's 6-2 inches and 225+ pounds of muscle and looks like he would kick your a$$ in a minute and he has to worry about people bullying him in bars ? Surely that must be a joke or something. I've tried to be sympathetic to his upbringing and stuff but the idea that he is subject to abuse by fellow bar patrons is too ridiculous to even imagine.

As noted by a few people above,...he's had a number of opportunities to shape up and did not take advantage of them. There are limits to how far even the most tolerant coach can go....and here it sounds like the school might have had to force the action.

Funny that were ragging on Jimbo at FSU over actions of his players that he seemed to tolerate....sounds like we are not much different perhaps when certain players are involved. Time to move on....seems that maybe he has had too many enablers over the past few years.

Next time I stay overnight in auburn for a game, I'm gonna wear my shades after dark in skybar ... Will they boot a 40 something white dude? I'm curious?

I grew up at the beach and even to this day ... If daytime fun turns into nighttime fun ... I may still have my shades on. I don't find it that out of the ordinary. Same goes for daytime fun turns nighttime fun on an auburn game day.

What a bizarre ending to his college career.

Bizarre? More like predictable.

Idk if predictable is the right word but it certainly wasn't a surprise considering we knew of a sketchy past, as fans even, before he even committed to Auburn.

Yo.

According to the witness, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for wearing sunglasses inside, a violation of the bar's dress code policy. Williams, who the witness said appeared intoxicated, attempted to get his friend back into the bar using his local celebrity status only to be denied.

Police arrived at the scene Saturday after the incident and returned Monday, according to the witness, who said one of the victims wanted to press charges against Williams unless he was disciplined by the team.

http://www.al.com/au...d_4_people.html

A clear case of DYKWIA.

Because making bars off limits walks the line of whether or not football players are treated as regular students or not. You ban bars then players aren't regular students anymore.

You become a student athlete you are not a regular student. You just signed up for the part of university representative and that comes with a different set of rules. There are several other organizations on campus that have strict conduct codes due to their affiliation and representation of Auburn University and they will pull the trigger on your participation very very quickly for code of conduct violations.

People defending the fights? ....come on....he's 6-2 inches and 225+ pounds of muscle and looks like he would kick your a$$ in a minute and he has to worry about people bullying him in bars ? Surely that must be a joke or something. I've tried to be sympathetic to his upbringing and stuff but the idea that he is subject to abuse by fellow bar patrons is too ridiculous to even imagine.

As noted by a few people above,...he's had a number of opportunities to shape up and did not take advantage of them. There are limits to how far even the most tolerant coach can go....and here it sounds like the school might have had to force the action.

Funny that were ragging on Jimbo at FSU over actions of his players that he seemed to tolerate....sounds like we are not much different perhaps when certain players are involved. Time to move on....seems that maybe he has had too many enablers over the past few years.

64 your post is spot on from top to bottom IMO

Archived