Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

So then that means they both played a role I assume. I doubt if anybody knows who really started it. I doubt if anybody knows what really happened in any of the fights. I know people prefer if he don't fight but fighting don't equate to not wanting a guy on your team. There are plenty of fights by guys who are board fave's that you don't see. Now if he was going around slapping women and super small people that couldn't defend themselves I'd probably think different but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't be happy a guy is off the team because my team and the guy aren't playing the way I want

we can overlook an occasional scrape, yes. By your best offensive player, absolutely. When it gets rmto the point it has gotten to, it is on him. No matter what reason he is fighting, he has a problem. Gus wasn't just looking for reasons to suspend/dismiss his best talent. No justification for repeating the same action.

Think you have me mixed up a bit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been kicked off, like I said I don't know what happened. I'm saying I don't think there's enough info for anybody to say he was a cancer to the team and all that stuff

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then that means they both played a role I assume. I doubt if anybody knows who really started it. I doubt if anybody knows what really happened in any of the fights. I know people prefer if he don't fight but fighting don't equate to not wanting a guy on your team. There are plenty of fights by guys who are board fave's that you don't see. Now if he was going around slapping women and super small people that couldn't defend themselves I'd probably think different but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't be happy a guy is off the team because my team and the guy aren't playing the way I want

we can overlook an occasional scrape, yes. By your best offensive player, absolutely. When it gets rmto the point it has gotten to, it is on him. No matter what reason he is fighting, he has a problem. Gus wasn't just looking for reasons to suspend/dismiss his best talent. No justification for repeating the same action.

Think you have me mixed up a bit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been kicked off, like I said I don't know what happened. I'm saying I don't think there's enough info for anybody to say he was a cancer to the team and all that stuff

yea, i don't know enough to know if he was affecting the team. Especially if these fights are off campus it shouldn't affect the team much at all. I probably would try to make it through this season. It would seem the problem is he is a liability to the university and city. If you keep getting in fights something worse than a bloody nose or a puffy eye is gonna happen. That is my guess as to why gus had to cut him. It may have even been out of gus' hands. The point i was making is it doesn't matter why he is fighting. You can't justify that many. He has a problem.

Fights off campus absolutely can affect the team when the rest of the players see one that screws up and still get chance after chance after chance.....chances many of them probably wouldn't have.

Gus should of sat Duke the first few games of the season. What other player could miss an entire week of practice due to disciplinary issues and "work their way back" to starter in a week? Got to be a bit disappointing to those players working their butts off to fill that void and earn that spot to lose their playing time like that.

If anything, I hope Gus has learned that NO one player no matter how talented is above the team and TOUGH LOVE is what is needed with these kids.

Per Al.com

Duke and JJ were roommates...wasn't aware if true. May be some of the issues with JJ as well? Sure would explain a lot.

I've wondered that.

does duke finish the semester? If so can we at least get jj his own place?

Gus said he has been kicked out of school as well.

That's not true. He never said that. He said he was no longer enrolled. HUGE difference.

Per Al.com

Duke and JJ were roommates...wasn't aware if true. May be some of the issues with JJ as well? Sure would explain a lot.

I've wondered that.

That's not true. He never said that. He said he was no longer enrolled. HUGE difference.

Ok so wrong wording.....uptight much.

Per Al.com

I've wondered that.

not uptight at all, just hate seeing wrong information put out as fact.

If he was starting the fights yeah bad. If he was defending himself I have no problem at all. I'm assuming the coaching staff investigated it so felt like Duke was wrong in at least two alterations. But it's still an assumption. Lot of people are talking as if they know him personally.

I was also wondering is alcohol involved with the fights. Maybe he's dealing with personal demons? And does anybody not wonder after you they mess up one time why not make staying out of bars mandatory?

If he was starting the fights yeah bad. If he was defending himself I have no problem at all. I'm assuming the coaching staff investigated it so felt like Duke was wrong in at least two alterations. But it's still an assumption. Lot of people are talking as if they know him personally.

I was also wondering is alcohol involved with the fights. Maybe he's dealing with personal demons? And does anybody not wonder after you they mess up one time why not make staying out of bars mandatory?

Because making bars off limits walks the line of whether or not football players are treated as regular students or not. You ban bars then players aren't regular students anymore.

Because making bars off limits makes walks the line of whether or not football players are treated as regular students or not. You ban bars then players aren't regular students anymore.

NFL prospects are not regular students anyway

Because making bars off limits walks the line of whether or not football players are treated as regular students or not. You ban bars then players aren't regular students anymore.

You become a student athlete you are not a regular student. You just signed up for the part of university representative and that comes with a different set of rules. There are several other organizations on campus that have strict conduct codes due to their affiliation and representation of Auburn University and they will pull the trigger on your participation very very quickly for code of conduct violations.

Duke obviously lost a bunch of money in the draft. However, other than that, the draft is meaningless if he turns his life around and signs as a free agent somewhere. He has the talent to accrue big paydays if he can ever manage to keep his nose clean. As a long time Panthers fan, I saw a lot of Muhsin Muhammad in Duke, and being a physical number two receiver isn't a knock at all. It is all up to him.

JMO but I'm guessing Duke still gets drafted. Just not nearly as high (like the first WO taken according to Kipper).

He has lost millions over a three to five year deal, even if he gets drafted.

I think more along the lines of: when has making rules ever guaranteed they'd be followed? As I said earlier, there are all kinds of things that are mandatory or banned, but players still do them. Saying that players can't go to bars will not make all players completely stay out of bars.

Per Al.com

I've wondered that.

I think he just wanted to get the facts straight. Gus kicking a player out of school, (if a head coach can even legally do that) vs. a player quitting, dropping out of school, are two totally different things.

Per Al.com

I've wondered that.

I think he just wanted to get the facts straight. Gus kicking a player out of school, (if a head coach can even legally do that) vs. a player quitting, dropping out of school, are two totally different things.

I would be incredibly surprised if a head coach could kick a player out of school. That is one of those lines between academics and athletics that can not be crossed for power purposes.

Thanks War Tiger for calling this out. Miss quoting someone really chaps me. Then the called out poster says it was just bad wording...really? Folks this is how rumors get started and propagated. Also, if you believe what's posed on Twitter you're a fool... :)

Per Al.com

I've wondered that.

Seriously? No head football coach anywhere has the power to kick a player out of school.

Thanks War Tiger for calling this out. Miss quoting someone really chaps me. Then the called out poster says it was just bad wording...really? Folks this is how rumors get started and propagated. Also, if you believe what's posed on Twitter you're a fool... :)/>

It was misinterpreted by the other poster. I did the same yesterday. It's not like Gus said Duke left school. He said ""Duke is no longer enrolled." So getting your legs chapped over an ambiguity is kind of dumb.

Yo.

According to the witness, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for wearing sunglasses inside, a violation of the bar's dress code policy. Williams, who the witness said appeared intoxicated, attempted to get his friend back into the bar using his local celebrity status only to be denied.

Police arrived at the scene Saturday after the incident and returned Monday, according to the witness, who said one of the victims wanted to press charges against Williams unless he was disciplined by the team.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/duke_williams_punched_4_people.html

Yo.

According to the witness, the incident was sparked when a member of Williams' party was kicked out of Skybar for wearing sunglasses inside, a violation of the bar's dress code policy. Williams, who the witness said appeared intoxicated, attempted to get his friend back into the bar using his local celebrity status only to be denied.

Police arrived at the scene Saturday after the incident and returned Monday, according to the witness, who said one of the victims wanted to press charges against Williams unless he was disciplined by the team.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/duke_williams_punched_4_people.html

I came here to post that. I actually laughed at how bizarre and insane this story is lolol...a RAMPAGE?!?!?

But I'm crying on the inside

Yo.

http://www.al.com/au...d_4_people.html

I came here to post that. I actually laughed at how bizarre and insane this story is lolol...a RAMPAGE?!?!?

But I'm crying on the inside

That last part has me laughing and crying. IT WAS A SETUP!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yo.

http://www.al.com/au...d_4_people.html

The old "do you know who I am ?" argument....works every time doesn't it?

Archived