So did you guys see Lambert's interview? Our beat writers kills him for it...

cole256

Maybe he shouldn't have said it but I go back to my thread a week or two ago and what Gus said to them a few days ago...they just don't seem to like us that much....notice how they discredit our wins??

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a really big put down.

I agree the defense has no room to run their mouths, but GEEZ!!

That's the worst I have EVER seen from the al.com beat reporters. Simply amazing.

I have NEVER SEEN this kind of negativity from Brandon Marcello, ever!

i was just about to post the same thing. why do they harp on it so much?http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/auburn_beat_writers_address_di.html#incart_more_sports

I noticed it a while ago but back then I knew some would say well what are they supposed to write about. Then the next interview Gus asked the dark haired guy why is he always so negative. I actually had words with the other guy on Twitter.

I've deleted the icon after that. It was the last straw. Best way to stop them is to quit reading them. Follow the money. No readers, no advertising and they're out.

Terrible reporting (I blame Fox News, personally :poke: -- Trump is right about one thing, maybe).

Seriously, though, this is the big story of the game for us -- will we be able to stop Arky's running game? We haven't stopped anyone else, so far. So, we better bring it, or we'll get whooped.

I noticed it a while ago but back then I knew some would say well what are they supposed to write about. Then the next interview Gus asked the dark haired guy why is he always so negative. I actually had words with the other guy on Twitter.

Marcello was fine when Joel Erickson was here.

Interesting -- and accurate -- observation, IMO.

Wasn't he though? He had a completely different demeanor then didn't he?

I believe he graduated from Arkansas...not sure if that had anything to do with his fire over this particular comment or not.

Edit** Before I joined this site I visited tigerland.com to get all the auburn articles and watched Brandon and Joel for the entire 13 season. He was not like this even when we struggled early on in the season.

I have been a user of al.com for 11 years. Much less now in the last 5 than the 1st 6. We used to have a good group of people there on the forums. But it has never mattered who was the auburn beat writer there, it had a bama negative slant because al.com makes sure it happens that way. We have always known, but alliance owns every news oulet in Alabama.... Every one

Scarbinsky tried to roast Tre Mason for Tre saying that he thought he could get some yards against Bama so Marcello learned well. If Mason had said "I hope Bama allows me to get back to the line of scrimmage," then Aldotcom would have roasted him for not being confident enough. This is a classic case of the media overblowing a nonissue.

Put up or shut up....talk is cheap. These guys give up enough yards to pave an airport. So be quite and shut Arkansas down. Then we can have a conversation.

Put up or shut up....talk is cheap. These guys give up enough yards to pave an airport. So be quite and shut Arkansas down. Then we can have a conversation.

Talk is cheap, yet you said this?

Talk is cheap, yet you said this?

Insert Denzel Washington training day character saying boom here

Clearly a mindless, spineless follower. I saw the headline, anticipated the narrative and didn't bother. I haven't heard any useful insights from those bozos. No point wasting the time on these no talent hacks.

Ford, now Lambert. The defense statistically has been a dumpster fire and our guys don't need to say anything like that. AU has no room. But on the other hand Al.com sucks. Period. I'm sure they twisted it around. AU has to win the line of scrimmage to win

What Lambert actually said was not bad or strange. Maybe he could have chosen his words more carefully, but then again, WHY BOTHER? The uat media hates the fact they HAVE to cover AU. They make the story fit the agenda. ....pure sleezy, no talent hacks. Don't read their crapola....ever.

I THINK (I didn't know for sure) the players are trying to show respect but at the same time they are trying to be strong and show they are confident in themselves and not intimidated by anybody else

Not surprising, they've both been very critical of Auburn since August. It started with the NYT crap that those two both blew out of the proportion with blast articles and podcasts basically demanding SACS investigation and then the early season collapse.

Crepea or witf his name is grilling JJ postgame at LSU and his constant barrage of agenda based pre-article interview questions. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gus kicks him outta the interview room before the season is out bc it's obvious he gets under his skin.

Marcello WAS decent until uber negative Crapea came around and I was giving him a pass, but he might as well be lumped in with the lot of them now too.

I THINK (I didn't know for sure) the players are trying to show respect but at the same time they are trying to be strong and show they are confident in themselves and not intimidated by anybody else

Amen.

Sometimes the best answer is no comment. Also, another way to prevent overly negative or uncomfortable questions is to produce on and off of the field. Of course, the Al media is not going to be kind to the AU football program, but the AU football program is throwing batting practice to the AL media right now.

wde

Amen.

The three of us agree. Record this moment.

Archived