So did you guys see Lambert's interview? Our beat writers kills him for it...

cole256

Sometimes the best answer is no comment. Also, another way to prevent overly negative or uncomfortable questions is to produce on and off of the field. Of course, the Al media is not going to be kind to the AU football program, but the AU football program is throwing batting practice to the AL media right now.

wde

Just a quick question.....Do you claim to be an AU "fan"???

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They sure thought alot of the other team though didn't they....it's basically how dare Auburn not show respect for the weight of the Arky o line!!!

I THINK (I didn't know for sure) the players are trying to show respect but at the same time they are trying to be strong and show they are confident in themselves and not intimidated by anybody else

Amen.

The three of us agree. Record this moment.

haha

Sometimes the best answer is no comment. Also, another way to prevent overly negative or uncomfortable questions is to produce on and off of the field. Of course, the Al media is not going to be kind to the AU football program, but the AU football program is throwing batting practice to the AL media right now.

wde

Just a quick question.....Do you claim to be an AU "fan"???

I am much more than just an AU football fan. I am a proud graduate of Auburn University as are my wife and oldest daughter.

wde

I THINK (I didn't know for sure) the players are trying to show respect but at the same time they are trying to be strong and show they are confident in themselves and not intimidated by anybody else

Amen.

The three of us agree. Record this moment.

count me in too. they spent most of 4 minutes drowning in negativity. i was glad Gus responded to him the way he did thursday. he should be getting more backlash from the program if he don't dial it back. didn't we run evan woodberry off for being about half that anal?

If I was Gus, I would personally tell those deadbeat writers that they are no longer welcome in JHS or anywhere within 100 yards of any of our players. Have a meeting with coaches and players and put this plan into action. I could only imagine how stupid these beat dead writers would look. This would be a first for any major college football program.

There are two things going on here. One is bulletin board material. To that point, of course, if possible never give out bulletin board material, just don't do it. But, the other thing happening here is intentional overly negative agenda driven reporters. The weight they put on disparate events often reveals agenda.

Arky's coach says he really, no I mean REALLY, hates Auburn. Auburn's DE says we can handle their OL. Al.com's Marcello thinks the 20 year old kid is just terrible. In fact, he is so terrible, he and his partner turn it into 4 minutes of AU negativity in a video. It's not that hard to figure out what is going on here.

As it pertains to Marcello, I agree with the comments in the thread about his former partner Joel Erikson, I liked him a lot. When Joel was there, Marcello was totally different. The two of them did a good and I thought fair job covering Auburn. Now Marcello is nothing more than a James Crepea mini me and has turned into the same kind of trash as him. As soon as I saw that trend start with Marcello, after Joel left and Crepea became his new partner, I stopped going there.

Now more on Crepea. At the very end of Gus's presser today, he asked Gus a series of agenda based questions. He tried 2 different ways to ask if Gus wished he had left Arkansas differently in 2007. The clear implication was, in Crepea's opinion, there was something wrong with the way Gus left. Gus gave a very short answer, but he got his answer. However Crepea wanted more, decided to push the point and tried again. After the 2nd attempt, Gus gave Crepea a stone cold stare, said "no", and that was the end of the presser. You could tell Gus didn't like it one bit.

This of course is after Gus had already made comments to Crepea last week about his "always negative" questions. I am sure if Crepea wants to butt heads with Gus, Gus can oblige him in more ways than one.

Edit: I just watched the video and in this particular vid, Marcello is actually worse than Crepea. Marcello sounds like nothing more than an anti Auburn guy now, with a chapped azz.

No shaming the reports. They're calling it for how it is, unfortunately. Our defense needs to prove these writers, us, and the rest of college football, wrong. Until they do that, expect critical criticism.

So these guys are suggesting that our DL should have bowed down paid homage to the OL of the 2-4 Ark Razorbacks because they weigh more??? Whatever...Im with Lambert on this. They may desecrate our D on Saturday but they dont get special treatment because they are big.

Paul Finebaum said he would drive a tractor to the plains and milk a cow if we were the #1 team in 1983 after being beat by Texas. Three weeks later after drilling top ten UT in Neyland Stadium CPD was asked what was the turning point in the game. CPD responded the turning point was a sports column three weeks earlier by pf and asked pf to stand up and be recognized by the other UT alumni. AU went undefeated the rest of that year, beat more top 10 teams than any and were the NYT's #1 team. pf did drive that tractor.

That is how this is handled. I am tired of the beauty pageant, the bad housewives bitching, and the I've been disrespected. Time for us all to put up or shut up. Play, attend, give or get out of the way.

Little doc

The big dude lost me when he said Auburn was 2-0 in October against 2 really bad teams. Granted neither will be playing in the playoff on New Year's Eve but neither is a really bad team. Kentucky is 4-2 wilth their other loss coming against Florida. Yeah, they're horrible!

wde

Someone gets it. You don't run your mouth about the team you're going to play. YOU DONT RUN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THE TEAM YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY.

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

Have any of y'all ever played sports before? You walk softly and carry a big damn stick.

I didn't think Lambert ran his mouth about the team we are going to play. Some of you need to step back from the ledge and throw down the pills. Geez.

As for al.com

Boycott

Writers are paid for circulation, which in the days of the internet means hits and clicks. Controversy sells. In this instance, the controversy is contrived as Lambert's quote (in context) does not mean anything close to what the writers are trying to make it out to mean here. All Lambert is saying is that this is the SEC, and AU faces good offensive lines week in and week out.

Marcello ought to know better than to take a few words removed from context and harp on them. This Crepea guy on the other hand has yet to show me anything approaching insight or actual smarts as a reporter. Joel Erickson is indeed missed.

Someone needs to get the bald guy a hat or something on that shiny dome of his. He's a road hazard with the glare for any drivers going by. :cool:

It really doesn't matter what the writers think or say. If the players want this game bad enough they'll show it Saturday.

wde

Someone gets it. You don't run your mouth about the team you're going to play. YOU DONT RUN YOUR MOUTH ABOUT THE TEAM YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY.

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

Have any of y'all ever played sports before? You walk softly and carry a big damn stick.

I have played sports before and he said nothing out of the way. The AL beat writers believe that AU should have no confidence in the locker room after winning their past two games. The beat writers want AU to just say "we suck" in front of a camera. The beat writers apparently believe that Arky has the best offensive line in the SEC but their only facts to back the claim is a 2-4 record and that their line is "big". Nevermind that AU (with their little wimpy line) had more rushing yards per game in 2013, 2014, and even now in 2015 through 6 games. We also have more rushing touchdowns this year.

The question about ARKY being a "challenge" (because they are so great I guess)

"there is no big challenge"(not politically correct but who cares)...

"something we face every week, we just have to stop the run..." (This is a 100% true statement, in fact they will face better lines IMHO)

A question was asked if Lambert had seen anything like Arky with 300 lbs across the board.

"our offensive line is 300 across the board" (Not completely true cause our runt, Braden Smith, does not tip the 300 mark)

The jerk asked an AU defensive player if he felt AU had a line that even compares to Arky (WTF did he expect???)

"yeah, I feel like we have the best offensive line" (exactly what a defensive lineman is supposed to say about his teammates)

Then asked if AU was the best offensive line in the SEC

"yeah" (what??? he should have said ALabama or Georgia maybe??? hufffff)

wde

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

I have played sports before and he said nothing out of the way. The AL beat writers believe that AU should have no confidence in the locker room after winning their past two games. The beat writers want AU to just say "we suck" in front of a camera. The beat writers apparently believe that Arky has the best offensive line in the SEC but their only facts to back the claim is a 2-4 record and that their line is "big". Nevermind that AU (with their little wimpy line) had more rushing yards per game in 2013, 2014, and even now in 2015 through 6 games. We also have more rushing touchdowns this year.

"something we face every week, we just have to stop the run..." (This is a 100% true statement, in fact they will face better lines IMHO)

A question was asked if Lambert had seen anything like Arky with 300 lbs across the board.

"our offensive line is 300 across the board" (Not completely true cause our runt, Braden Smith, does not tip the 300 mark)

The jerk asked an AU defensive player if he felt AU had a line that even compares to Arky (WTF did he expect???)

"yeah, I feel like we have the best offensive line" (exactly what a defensive lineman is supposed to say about his teammates)

Just a bunch of "Crepea"

Bar him from the room

"There's no big challenge."

What planet are y'all from that this isn't downplaying an opponent? The Al.com guys definitely come across kind of douchey but they aren't wrong that we've won 2 "meh" games and our players seem to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

wde

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

You answer "No comment", "I guess we'll see on the field" or "I'm very confident in our offensive line". This is simple stuff, guys. I swear the fact that y'all struggle with these concepts makes me worry about the type of world I live in. Are y'all allowed to operate motor vehicles?

What planet are y'all from that this isn't downplaying an opponent? The Al.com guys definitely come across kind of douchey but they aren't wrong that we've won 2 "meh" games and our players seem to suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

And ARKY has done what that are players should be in awe over???

Questions for you chimes.

Do you feel that facing Arky's offensive line is so much more of a "challenge" than facing LSU? (keep in mind that Lamberts answer was more about how tough it is in the SEC than it was about Arky being easy)

Do you feel that Arky has a better offensive line than AU? Why?

wde

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

You answer "No comment", "I guess we'll see on the field" or "I'm very confident in our offensive line". This is simple stuff, guys. I swear the fact that y'all struggle with these concepts makes me worry about the type of world I live in. Are y'all allowed to operate motor vehicles?

What planet are we from???

So you as a defensive lineman for AU would give a spineless answer about AU's offensive line even if you felt they were the best offensive line in the SEC?

And ARKY has done what that are players should be in awe over???

Questions for you chimes.

Do you feel that facing Arky's offensive line is so much more of a "challenge" than facing LSU? (keep in mind that Lamberts answer was more about how tough it is in the SEC than it was about Arky being easy)

Do you feel that Arky has a better offensive line than AU? Why?

You're absolutely missing the point and that surprises me not at all. It's not about being in awe of your opponent. It's about carrying yourself the right way. I wouldn't care if he said it about an 0-5 D2 school, it's bush league and something that shouldn't happen.

Carry yourself with a quiet confidence...be tactful. Act like you've been there before. These are all things that should be engrained in the culture of the program.

wde

YOU

DON'T

RUN

YOUR

MOUTH

ABOUT

THE

TEAM

YOU'RE

GOING

TO

PLAY

What planet are we from???

So you as a defensive lineman for AU would give a spineless answer about AU's offensive line even if you felt they were the best offensive line in the SEC?

I would do my talking on the football field.

I have noticed the growing negativity with the beat writers as well. Recently, while driving in Mississippi, I heard marshmallow Marcello featured on a radio show. Evidently he was a former journalist in Miss. He pandered and sucked up to the radio host about how bad AU was. It ticked me off.

Archived