2016 3* DE Keir Thomas

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FSU beat writers are claiming that FSU is backing off of this kid. I'm not sure if they are just making excuses because they know that he's going to flip to Auburn, or if they are truly backing off for some reason.

FSU beat writers are claiming that FSU is backing off of this kid. I'm not sure if they are just making excuses because they know that he's going to flip to Auburn, or if they are truly backing off for some reason.

They did. This is almost just like the AU, Clayton and UF deal. fsu just decided to go a different way and AU will reap the rewards. Kid will play for AU next year.

They did. This is almost just like the AU, Clayton and UF deal. fsu just decided to go a different way and AU will reap the rewards. Kid will play for AU next year.

So a Clayton for Thomas trade huh. What's the overall feeling here? Tony was said to be a project and take a few years to develop. Are we thinking that Keir is better developed at this stage? What about overall upside?

Based on the HUDL film, I do not understand how this guy is a 3*. He has Lawson quickness off the snap and he is a wrecking machine.

And get this, he had 20 sacks last year & 14 through 9 games this year playing a lot at DT. That's very impressive. He could be an animal at the Buck where he would be 1 on 1 instead of being double teamed & chipped.

They are. FSU sees him as a tweener in their D scheme.

So a Clayton for Thomas trade huh. What's the overall feeling here? Tony was said to be a project and take a few years to develop. Are we thinking that Keir is better developed at this stage? What about overall upside?

Definitely better developed. Keir is 255 lbs while AC is 219 lbs.

if he commits and the other players stick we will have atleast 5 high school players on defense enrolled early.

Thought he was supposed to commit this weekend. Has the James commitment changed things?

I don't think he ever announced a commitment date, so I don't believe anything has changed

• 3 weeks later...

Well boys, Muschamp likely wins this one. Everyone under the sun including KN CBd him to USCe

Evidently Auburn hasn't contacted him since Muschamp left. Sounds like we're going in a different direction.

Well boys, Muschamp likely wins this one. Everyone under the sun including KN CBd him to USCe

Evidently Auburn hasn't contacted him since Muschamp left. Sounds like we're going in a different direction.

Looks like we're going in circles as far as the new DC is concerned.

If AU really hasn't contacted the guy, we'll be the second school that had his commitment and then lost interest. You don't see a whole lot of that.

If AU really hasn't contacted the guy, we'll be the second school that had his commitment and then lost interest. You don't see a whole lot of that.

In our case, I think, he's a kid who former staff were more interested in than current staff.

Archived