Lack of continuity on Auburn defense a 'huge issue' for Will Muschamp

meh130

From AL.com. I am posting this because the lack of defensive continuity has been something I have been thinking about this year, and posted about a few days ago.

Lack of continuity on Auburn defense a 'huge issue' for Will Muschamp

Malzahn ushered in Auburn's fourth defensive coordinator in five years and third in four years.

So much turnover creates a "huge issue," as Muschamp admitted this week. And he would know, he had three offensive coordinators during his four-year tenure as head coach at Florida.

"I don't think there's any question that (continuity in coaching) certainly has an effect," Muschamp said. "It starts as far as recruiting is concerned. From a standpoint of what kind of football team do you want to be? What kind of offense do you want to be? What kind of defense do you want to be? I think that that's a huge part of it.

"Recruiting the type of young man to fit in your scheme and your system from a pass rush standpoint, from a run stopping standpoint, from a linebacker standpoint, from a coverage standpoint. ... I think that's No. 1, is the type of player you're recruiting."

th' ole story about chicken salad from chicken (droppings) ?

Just in this case the cook's trying to make chicken cordon bleu outt'a the tenderloin and filet de boeu.

I watched the interview and muschamp may have even said huge issue but he certainly didn't make it seem as huge as this article makes it. He said it more like certainly that's part of it vibe. Muschamp isn't even the person who brought it up he just agreed with what the reporter said. So while this is a factor that muschamp said was a factor this particular article imo is somewhat misleading

This is BS. I watched the press conference. Obviously, the "journalist" who asked the question just wanted Muschamp to concur with the assertion that multiple coaches leads to lack of continuity **derrrrrr news flash there** so he could write yet another contrived trash piece that would get clicks. Pretty sure he had the article written with empty spaces for Boom's quote before the presser. Ship this dude back to where he came from.

Will didn't have much to work with this year. Ellis Johnson was flat out clueless when it came to coaching his players up and get the very best out of them every week.

I was not about to read or listen to J Creepy's mess.

Boom just needs time and bodies.

I was not about to read or listen to J Creepy's mess.

Boom just needs time and bodies.

Agreed.

Look. We were running the 5-2* before. And recruiting the 5-2*. We need more linebackers. (EOT)

This is BS. I watched the press conference. Obviously, the "journalist" who asked the question just wanted Muschamp to concur with the assertion that multiple coaches leads to lack of continuity **derrrrrr news flash there** so he could write yet another contrived trash piece that would get clicks. Pretty sure he had the article written with empty spaces for Boom's quote before the presser. Ship this dude back to where he came from.

:laugh: This ^

Much ado about the obvious. ;)

Archived