"The ugly delusions of the educated conservative." (Or, AGW deniers explained)

homersapien

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard Bill Bennett actually get angry on the radio this morning, which is very rare. He was asking in harsh tones,' How can this President, with a straight face, talk about climate change being a threat to the world, when we're being attacked at home by militant Muslims? '

Guy's got a valid point.

Well, let's unpack that logically.

Does having a threat posed by Islamic terrorists necessarily negate all other threats?

Can two threats exist simultaneously?

It's about priorities. 50,000 show up in Paris for climate change? Really? 130 JUST died at he hands of Muslim terrorists.

Obama skipped the last march for unity , but sure as hell made it there for this.

So you are assuming we can address only one problem at a time?

Should cancer research be halted until we solve this Daesh problem (for example)?

Homer, you ignorant slut.

I bet he doesn't get the reference .

Well, I get the fact AFT is responding in the only way he can.

Homer, responding to you is like trying to talk to a door knob.

I got it the first time. No need to keep exposing yourself.

Thought so.

And AGW isn't a crisis. Militant Islam is.

BS. You don't think period.

Paris victims say bonjour !

But if you're right, what's that say about you ?

:roflol:

I got it the first time. No need to keep exposing yourself.

You keep butting in.

Thought so.

Well, let's examine that assertion. What's your basis for calling Daesh a crisis while AGW isn't?

First, can we assume your perspective is everyone in the world and not just the person who is about to have their head cut off?

Thought so.

Well, let's examine that assertion. What's your basis for calling Daesh a crisis while AGW isn't?

# of lives destroyed by either, would be one way. JV team far and away is exceeding the body count and lives affected . It's not even close.

First, can we assume your perspective is everyone in the world and not just the person who is about to have their head cut off?

The 1000's murdered, tortured and / or sold into sex slavery all have families. So for every one of them , murdered or not murdered , or those being raped, add at least 2 more, minimum. Everyone has a mom and dad. Then toss in siblings, kids, spouses, related family members, as well as friends.

Starting to get the picture ?

Then add all those affected, driven out by the JV team. Still think this is just about the ONE person about to be beheaded , and no one else ?

Think again.

Thought so.

# of lives destroyed by either, would be one way. JV team far and away is exceeding the body count and lives affected . It's not even close.

The 1000's murdered, tortured and / or sold into sex slavery all have families. So for every one of them , murdered or not murdered , or those being raped, add at least 2 more, minimum. Everyone has a mom and dad. Then toss in siblings, kids, spouses, related family members, as well as friends.

Then add all those affected, driven out by the JV team. Still think this is just about the ONE person about to be beheaded , and no one else ?

Think again.

Never said or implied that. Stop lying.

In fact, I was asking what your perspective in claiming Daesh is a crisis. And as your response indicates, you are apparently doing exactly what I thought you were doing - taking a small scale and short term perspective.

I am speaking from a big picture (long term) perspective.

Daesh will be history in 25 years. Climate change most certainly will not.

As far the the expected affects, here's a reading list to choose from: https://scholar.goog...VgkCBIQgQMIGjAA

Maybe it is because educated conservative can do math and have an understanding of the way the world works. We can look at the data and see the errors and data manipulation to force the data to fit a theory. We can see that the entire thing is based computer models that have failed to model the actual climate. We see a movement desperately clinging to a thoroughly discredited graph shaped like a hockey stick. We see a 97% mantra derived from a cooked survey.

We understand that the entire AGW theory is a wealth redistribution scheme by people who hate our success and our freedom to pursue happiness. We understand that AGW is designed to take our freedom from us and to give governments complete control over our daily lives.

That a supposedly educated Homer can continue to believe in AGW despite all of the data disproving demonstrates a level of faith found in religious cults.

That's the key. ;)

Advisor to the Pope on Climate Change

This week, Naomi Klein admitted that the true climate change agenda is to destroy capitalism and redistribute wealth.

On Dec. 10, The Huffington Post published activist Naomi Klein’s speech delivered to the Global Labor Institute event in Paris, on Dec. 7. Her speech was timed to the U.N. conference on climate change taking place in Paris. The GLI event focused on the role of trade unions in combating climate change.

“At its heart is the argument that if we take the imperative to rapidly build a post-carbon economy seriously, we have a once-in-a-century chance to transform our economy to make it far more equitable, so that it works for many more people,” Klein said.

So this isn’t about saving the planet from catastrophe, it’s about making economies “more equitable.” Additional remarks in that speech showed Working for “many more people” means destroying capitalism.

She cited Hurricane Katrina, a natural disaster, as her climate “wake up.” It "showed me that there is this irreconcilable conflict between the reality of climate change and the so-called free market ideology that has ruled our world for four decades." [Emphasis added]

Klein promoted The Leap manifesto, a call-to-arms on many issues including climate change dreamed up by her and other Canadian activists. It argues for liberal solutions on labor, immigration, poverty, “food justice” and other issues.

Her speech in Paris mapped the road to redistribution through a series of the Leap Manifesto demands including: “An end to fossil fuel subsidies. Financial transaction taxes. Increase royalties on fossil fuel extraction. Higher income taxes on corporations and wealthy people. A progressive carbon tax. Cuts to military spending.”

The manifesto also called for “energy reparations,” open borders for migrants and refugees, and “full rights for all workers, regardless of status.”

Klein, previously showed her disdain for the free market through her work as a fellow at the liberal Nation magazine and as an Occupy Wall Street activist. Klein argued in her 2014 book This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs The Climate that the US should have to pay trillions of dollars in reparations for causing climate change. She’s even claimed that China is not communist in spite of the fact that China’s own government calls itself communist.

- See more at: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/alatheia-larsen/2015/12/11/naomi-klein-speech-proves-climate-change-fight-really#sthash.wYekGg0h.dpuf

you absolutely did.

THE PERSON = THE ONE PERSON....so before you even try to pull that semantic bull**** on me and weasel out of being wrong, zip it. I have your OWN WORDS quoted, and the substantive meaning is EXACTLY the same. I did not LIE. You are the one who is wrong here.

You did more than imply it, you SAID it.

And spare me this " big picture " nonsense. The NAZI party in Germany didn't run things for 25 years. And look howl much damage and death they wrought ! Saying the JV team isn't going to be around in 25 years doesn't exactly inspire anyone. It shouldn't even be around NOW ! I'd say, in comparison, it's got a hell of a head start on the NAZI party.

Funny, you and your kind mock those who try to point out the danger of the JV team, and then turn around and act like chicken little over a NON EXISTENT issue like AGW / climate change.

Want a solution ? China! There's your problem ! Get them to clean up their act, and 1/2 your problem is solved !

And while you're at it, might want to deal w/ Brazil. The next summer Olympics will be in the dirtiest, most polluted venue EVER. That truly is a crisis.

you absolutely did.

THE PERSON = THE ONE PERSON....so before you even try to pull that semantic bull**** on me and weasel out of being wrong, zip it. I have your OWN WORDS quoted, and the substantive meaning is EXACTLY the same. I did not LIE. You are the one who is wrong here.

You did more than imply it, you SAID it.

And spare me this " big picture " nonsense. The NAZI party in Germany didn't run things for 25 years. And look howl much damage and death they wrought ! Saying the JV team isn't going to be around in 25 years doesn't exactly inspire anyone. It shouldn't even be around NOW ! I'd say, in comparison, it's got a hell of a head start on the NAZI party.

Funny, you and your kind mock those who try to point out the danger of the JV team, and then turn around and act like chicken little over a NON EXISTENT issue like AGW / climate change.

Want a solution ? China! There's your problem ! Get them to clean up their act, and 1/2 your problem is solved !

And while you're at it, might want to deal w/ Brazil. The next summer Olympics will be in the dirtiest, most polluted venue EVER. That truly is a crisis.

I was asking the question of you. It was not a statement I made. It was a question. You inferred I am taking that perspective, when I am doing just the opposite.

Ergo, you lied.

(Of course, this assumes that no one is so dense as to confuse a question with a statement. After all you even have punctuation to identify it as such. :-\ )

you absolutely did.

Non-existent you say?

Gee, let's see. On one hand I have an overwhelming consensus of climate scientists telling me AGW is all too real and on the other hand, I have Raptor - the Earnest T. Bass of the forum - telling me its non-existent.

I'll have to think on that for a while......:laugh:

Doesn't matter if you were asking a question. I still responded to what you said. In no way whatsoever could that be construed as me lying

And FYI, I did respond to your question I did answer you.

.The 1000's murdered, tortured and / or sold into sex slavery all have families. So for every one of them , murdered or not murdered , or those being raped, add at least 2 more, minimum. Everyone has a mom and dad. Then toss in siblings, kids, spouses, related family members, as well as friends.

I said:

You said:

Still think this is just about the ONE person about to be beheaded , and no one else.

Clearly you are miss characterizing my question into a statement. I didn't not say this is what it's about, I asked you if that's what you thought.

Thus, you lied.

Then you double-downed after I objected to your miss characterization:

Homer - you said exactly that.

That's doubling down on a lie.

You are welcome to your own opinions, but you are not allowed to lie about my posts. My posts mean what they say, no more, no less.

Not only did I tell you what I thought, I did not lie. Your premise is absurd. And I explained it but it was not just one person, as you literally actually stated above.

I'm allowed to say whatever the hell I want. But the problem is you, and you don't know what the hell you're trying to say. All I did was repeat your words to you, and are you trying to weasel out and say that's not what you meant?

It all comes down to this one simple fact. The JV team is impacting the lives of many many more people than that made up fictional BS called climate change. That's what you're talking about, is it not?

Not only did I tell you what I thought, I did not lie. Your premise is absurd. And I explained it but it was not just one person, as you literally actually stated above.

I'm allowed to say whatever the hell I want. But the problem is you, and you don't know what the hell you're trying to say. All I did was repeat your words to you, and are you trying to weasel out and say that's not what you meant?

It all comes down to this one simple fact. The JV team is impacting the lives of many many more people than that made up fictional BS called climate change. That's what you're talking about, is it not?

I can assure you I know what I am saying. You seem to have issues with reading comprehension. That doesn't make you a liar, that just makes you mistaken.

The lying part comes in because you don't care. You'd rather stick with your mistake.

Archived