Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Muschamp is Petrino's brother. He was named "head coach in waiting" at Texas, but couldn't wait and as UT hit harder times, he jumped ship. Failure at Florida. "In for the long haul" at Auburn, but jumps ship after one season. The guy is just plain unreliable, a liar, and noxious to a program. At this point, he needs to be gone. I'm hoping that, if the USCe job falls through, Gus fires him anyway. Get rid of him.

I disagree about your opinion of him, and personally think it's bad form to be taking shots at Muschamp.

AU has not handled this well, at all. Let's not contribute to that as fans.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told you guys T-Rob was following Muschamp. Look for Pruitt's name to be mentioned but I believe he'll turn us down.

I have a feeling that Pruitt is uat bound.

Of course, no decent DC is going to hitch his wagon to a HC who has only one year to get something done.

wde

Fire Gus now.

Give me a link where this has been posted by me. If you disagree, I am fine with that, but I have no patience with simpletons. Don't give me a fly by weak insult.

wde

About this idea of co-DC's. No, no, and Hell No! If there are two bosses, there are no bosses. Anybody that doesn't want to work for T-Rob or whoever the DC is should hit the road.

Agreed -- makes no sense. Give TRob the reigns and whomever he wants on his staff and let him go. Best option available. If Gus does TRob like he does QBs and keeps him 'limited' until he trusts him, we're sunk.

TRob does not have the resume'. He's not made on his own away from Muschamp or Tubbs. He's just another RL.

We are AUBURN UNIVERSITY. Our program is premiere and we deserve that our defense be run by a man with stellar experience. Besides, we have the $. lol

It will be interesting to see who we get. It will also be interesting to see where TRob goes from here in his career. I maintain right now that it was a mistake not to hire him. And if we didn't even offer him, then he was justified in leaving, and I wish him the very best of luck!

If he goes with Muschamp I think he'll do well and I'll wish him well.

WDE !!!

Muschamp is Petrino's brother. He was named "head coach in waiting" at Texas, but couldn't wait and as UT hit harder times, he jumped ship. Failure at Florida. "In for the long haul" at Auburn, but jumps ship after one season. The guy is just plain unreliable, a liar, and noxious to a program. At this point, he needs to be gone. I'm hoping that, if the USCe job falls through, Gus fires him anyway. Get rid of him.

I disagree about your opinion of him, and personally think it's bad form to be taking shots at Muschamp.

AU has not handled this well, at all. Let's not contribute to that as fans.

This.

wde

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

Gus barely pulled in overtime win out of his ass against Jacksonville State do you think you can actually pull a defense of Cordinator ?

What a stupid correlation

Yep. Probably the dumbest thing I've seen posted today.

All this gloom and doom stuff is getting tiresome. We were a helathy QB away from winning 9 or more games this year. All of our QB's won't be mentally or physically disabled next year. We'll be right back in the hunt with Gus driving the ship.

This is almost laughable.

No it's laughable

It's not impossible, but the confidence with which it is stated borders on delusional.

T-Rob was not offered the DC position at Auburn

That's infuriating if true.

Seems to be the case. Can't blame T-Rod....

I know most everyone including myself were on board with the Muschamp hire, but we should have known better. Looks like T-rob and maybe even Lance may be gone also. We can't feel bad about this, CWM did the same to UF when he left there and we liked it then. Remember he also took some recruits with him, I expect he will do the same in this case. If you play with matches you get burned and we will get burned royally on this one. Gus needs to decide on his defensive philosophy and go hire someone who can bring their own group in and get it done. New coach should have total decision in who stays, who goes and who gets hired. Gus needs to put his focus on his offensive side and get it right. As I said before CRL needs to move on. Not because he is bad or it's his fault, but because he offers us very little in the way help. He is to much a clone of Gus. We need either to bring an experienced OC in or drop the title and let Gus be HC/OC and hire another position coach, hopefully a QB or WR coach. JMHO. WDE

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

Gus barely pulled in overtime win out of his ass against Jacksonville State do you think you can actually pull a defense of Cordinator ?

We will see next year. I called it after Wisconsin bowl game but punch bowl was still full I suppose at that time. Sorry you feel as if you have to be critical of what I post.

We will see next year. I called it after Wisconsin bowl game but punch bowl was still full I suppose at that time. Sorry you feel as if you have to be critical of what I post.

I am still tryiing to connect the dots here. How barely beating Jax State has a bearing on Malzahn's ability to hire a competent DC?

I am still tryiing to connect the dots here. How barely beating Jax State has a bearing on Malzahn's ability to hire a competent DC?

No dots to connect. Obviously he can hire a competent one. Heck the one he hired just got a big time job in the SEC. Question is what happens to the dc when he gets here and has to coach under a Chizik or a Gus?

That is and has been the problem.

T-Rob was not offered the DC position at Auburn

That's infuriating if true.

Very true, unless Gus has a complete splash hire he is going to announce.

We are waiting..... Gus and Jacobs.....When is the announcement coming??

Really

You think Mischamp and Van Gorder are as bad as we made them look. No sir. Both are top notch coordinators.

Problem has been two head men.

This is true.

wde

Troll

I'm wondering if Will will take TRob with him to SC so he can be their DC or DB coach. He brought TRob over from UF last year.

T-Rob stays.......

WRONG!

Yeah.....I KNOW THAT!

Really

You think Mischamp and Van Gorder are as bad as we made them look. No sir. Both are top notch coordinators.

This is true.

wde

Troll

Would you like to add anything to these discussions instead of padding your posting stats?

I'm wondering if Will will take TRob with him to SC so he can be their DC or DB coach. He brought TRob over from UF last year.

T-Rob stays.......

WRONG!

Yeah.....I KNOW THAT!

:laugh:

Really

This is true.

wde

Troll

Would you like to add anything to these discussions instead of padding your posting stats?

Yes! Thank you for asking! I'm here to poop all over the threads and correct some bad spelling and grammar mistakes. I'll make sure to double check all of your posts! Muahahahahaha

Really

This is true.

wde

Troll

Yes! Thank you for asking! I'm here to poop all over the threads and correct some bad spelling and grammar mistakes. I'll make sure to double check all of your posts! Muahahahahaha

You should check your name. I'm pretty sure 'spelling' and 'bee' are supposed to be two words.

Really

This is true.

wde

Troll

You should check your name. I'm pretty sure 'spelling' and 'bee' are supposed to be two words.

Nobody corrects TheSpellingBee. You are the next to be pooped on.

Archived