Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

More than likely Gus knew at least 2 days ago that Muschamp was going to be uSC HC. And he knew Trob would more than likely go with him, unless Gus offered him the DC job. But obviously didn't. That's my guess. Or Trob could see the writing on the wall in another year or so. Regardless, Gus has to hit a homerun hire as DC and get that offense back on track or it's going to be a VERY long 2016 season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....damn. T-Rob headed to Carolina per PM.

Now I'm sick as hell...........

This what short- term fixes do-- more unstable than ever.

Glad someone is stating the obvious. So is this GM's problem, JJ's, or both in the hiring ? I honestly don't have a clue but tend to think that JJ has endorsed GM's decisions as he should but now they are a noose around all our necks.

yep. i would say this would teach JJ a lesson but its time and time again.

Seriously the program is not headed in the right direction...the writing is on the wall. Its not looking good fellas.

This is on GUS. If JJ had nixed his hiring decision last year folks would have come unglued.

BINGO ! Thanks TT. I didn't have the guts to say it.

Is the TRob to USC thing real or just speculation? I see the 100 emojis but people are acting like its confirmed

Well, this is just another confirmation for why I should never wager on sports matters. I never dreamed that USC would offer him the job. What is it about USC they makes them feel he will succeed when he didn't at Florida (no less). :dunno:

I agree with Cooltigger, this is a very risky move for Muschamp as well as USC. (Not that it matters from a financial standpoint.)

Zac Etheridge posted on Facebook who do we want as our next DC....

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/>

This should confirm to all but a few with their head in the sand that this program is not healthy/being run correctly. Whether it's meddling at some level or the result of years of instability, Auburn football is not a well-run business. This is the beginning of the end of Malzahn I believe, which will continue the cycle of instability. Where does the buck stop?

JAY JACOBS

This goes beyond just Jacobs. There is something else, or more accurately, someone else, outside of his control.

And I thought Bama was a "Good Ole Boy" system ...

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/>

This should confirm to all but a few with their head in the sand that this program is not healthy/being run correctly. Whether it's meddling at some level or the result of years of instability, Auburn football is not a well-run business. This is the beginning of the end of Malzahn I believe, which will continue the cycle of instability. Where does the buck stop?

JAY JACOBS

This goes beyond just Jacobs. There is something else, or more accurately, someone else, outside of his control.

It was until Saban took over.

TRob!

JAY JACOBS

Bingo. If we get rid of ours we could have similar results. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

About this idea of co-DC's. No, no, and Hell No! If there are two bosses, there are no bosses. Anybody that doesn't want to work for T-Rob or whoever the DC is should hit the road.

Agreed -- makes no sense. Give TRob the reigns and whomever he wants on his staff and let him go. Best option available. If Gus does TRob like he does QBs and keeps him 'limited' until he trusts him, we're sunk.

TRob does not have the resume'. He's not made on his own away from Muschamp or Tubbs. He's just another RL.

We are AUBURN UNIVERSITY. Our program is premiere and we deserve that our defense be run by a man with stellar experience. Besides, we have the $. lol

To be honest, Trob was offered the Maryland DC job under a defensive coach that could mentor him similar to RL at Auburn. Trob probably is going to SC under the DC he has worked for many years and can further his education scheming defenses. If CGM offered Trob, without those mentors and under his present circumstances, Gus would be taking a huge gamble with his career.

I'm sure Gus is feeling the pressure of turning this thing around, but we will just have to wait to see what DC Gus hires and how he can improve our defense. Whomever Gus hires, he will be second guessed.

We hit a home run hire with our DC hire last year. Home runs don't stay in the park. We need a compentent DC that tends to run the same system Coach Hot Head ran. It won't hurt to get a young guy on the way up if he's otherwise qualified.

All this gloom and doom stuff is getting tiresome. We were a helathy QB away from winning 9 or more games this year. All of our QB's won't be mentally or physically disabled next year. We'll be right back in the hunt with Gus driving the ship.

TRob!

JAY JACOBS

Alabama is a machine with one goal, win no matter what. I don't know who is involved here but I just think there are turf battles at play here. People are more worried about their role than the well being of Auburn

TRob!

JAY JACOBS

Bingo. If we get rid of ours we could have similar results. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Gus made a bad decision, folks. He owns it. Why must we insist on conspiracies?

We hit a home run hire with our DC hire last year. Home runs don't stay in the park. We need a compentent DC that tends to run the same system Coach Hot Head ran. It won't hurt to get a young guy on the way up if he's otherwise qualified.

All this gloom and doom stuff is getting tiresome. We were a helathy QB away from winning 9 or more games this year. All of our QB's won't be mentally or physically disabled next year. We'll be right back in the hunt with Gus driving the ship.

I agree 100% ....

I told you guys T-Rob was following Muschamp. Look for Pruitt's name to be mentioned but I believe he'll turn us down.

I have a feeling that Pruitt is uat bound.

TRob!

JAY JACOBS

People love to conspire, especially when they can get away with it.

TRob!

JAY JACOBS

No conspiracies. Lots of programs have too many hands in the cookie jar. Makes it difficult to find success. As far as Jacobs, he's made some epically stupid choices in his hires.

This is almost laughable.

At least that takes away the second biggest financial nugget away from the firing we'll have to do with this staff next season

Maybe Malzahn will leave too hopefully

Your last sentence is nonsense

This is almost laughable.

:laugh:

Probably because we've paying him out the (donkey) to have a consistently mediocre unit outside of the occasional star

Who would leave that

Archived