Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

This is my first time posting. War Eagle!

I agree that all of this doom and gloom is a bit much. I was disappointed from the beginning with the hiring of Coach Muschamp and the way we seemed desperate to make the deal happen. I also believe our athletic director sold our souls for a short term fix and to get a guy that could very possibly gut our defensive staff. Our defensive performance has been awful for so long- one or two years was not going to fix the problem.

That was pretty gloomy. However I do believe some of the best answers and solutions to questions and problems come out of a sense of desperation.

If our leaders and fan base can keep our wits about us we will come out of this better than before- with defensive coaches that want to be at Auburn.

War Eagle forever!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that all of this doom and gloom is a bit much. I was disappointed from the beginning with the hiring of Coach Muschamp and the way we seemed desperate to make the deal happen. I also believe our athletic director sold our souls for a short term fix and to get a guy that could very possibly gut our defensive staff. Our defensive performance has been awful for so long- one or two years was not going to fix the problem.

That was pretty gloomy. However I do believe some of the best answers and solutions to questions and problems come out of a sense of desperation.

If our leaders and fan base can keep our wits about us we will come out of this better than before- with defensive coaches that want to be at Auburn.

War Eagle forever!

Welcome BakerBoys ! War Eagle !

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

Gus barely pulled in overtime win out of his ass against Jacksonville State do you think you can actually pull a defense of Cordinator ?

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

Gus barely pulled in overtime win out of his ass against Jacksonville State do you think you can actually pull a defense of Cordinator ?

Agreed, why do we insist on fielding a team? Should turn the stadium into a driving range.

What a stupid correlation

We got too many people playing the violin, ignoring the sinking ship (And I am not talking about Auburn). I would be hard press to believe that WMC is not heading to USCe. No refutation from his camp or AU. Quite a few people reporting it in the same fashion. If he doesn't go, the damage has pretty much been done.

Please stop posting this pathetic yellow pansy garbage. Thanks

War Eagle forever!

Gus hired Muschamp I expect....JJ just signed him up....and true....AU sold its soul for a short term fix....and pretty much got it I think.

Now we are back to where we were this time last year....deja vu all over again....

Or he could have lost like Muschamp did to GSU...awesome hire USCe

I told you guys T-Rob was following Muschamp. Look for Pruitt's name to be mentioned but I believe he'll turn us down.

I have a feeling that Pruitt is uat bound.

Of course, no decent DC is going to hitch his wagon to a HC who has only one year to get something done.

wde

If TRob is leaving Gus must have not offered him the DC position, or he doesn't believe anyone on the staff will be around after next season.

I think he'll get more "stability" (career growth) outside of AU.

Please stop posting this pathetic yellow pansy garbage. Thanks

Your opinion.

I've seen plenty of pansy calls by Gus in last two years. Sorry you don't like it.

These things have always floated around Auburn since I can remember. I was at AU in the middle of the Bowden-Lowder stuff and it seems its always something. Fact remains despite all of that Auburn has 3 SEC titles, 2 unbeaten seasons, a natty and another natty appearance in the last eleven years. Auburn can and will rebound but it may take a while.

Exactly. Auburn has always been able to overcome the odds that Auburn puts in its own way. However, Auburn University should never have to "rebound," especially a rebound that "may take a while." This program has the tools and resources to be more than self-sustaining if (allegedly based on reading this board) people in places of power would learn their role and stop trying to use Auburn football as their personal fantasy team to alter and run as they want.

Sure we'll overcome this. Problem is we're always having obstacles that we put in the way ourselves. It's this that slows us down and keeps us from being consistent.

Really

You think Mischamp and Van Gorder are as bad as we made them look. No sir. Both are top notch coordinators.

Problem has been two head men.

Really

You think Mischamp and Van Gorder are as bad as we made them look. No sir. Both are top notch coordinators.

Problem has been two head men.

This is true.

wde

I told you guys T-Rob was following Muschamp. Look for Pruitt's name to be mentioned but I believe he'll turn us down.

I have a feeling that Pruitt is uat bound.

Of course, no decent DC is going to hitch his wagon to a HC who has only one year to get something done.

wde

Fire Gus now.

A4E, you posted reports that had been proven fake and had already been refuted. So yes, you were wrong at the time of those postings.

As far as people taking shots, they weren't shots at you, they were shots at you posting your regurgitated hatred for JJ, Gus and others all over this board in as many threads as possible. Toughen up. If your going to do dumb things like that then you'll get called out on it. Here's your apology. I'm sorry you were offended by people pointing out your asinine postings that clutter the board.

He doesn't have much in his life. He needs this small scintilla of hope/validation. He seems to be in the camp of "throw enough trash against the wall and eventually something sticks. Take all the credit you can for that one spaghetti noodle that stuck, and ignore all the trash you've built up along the wall."

In any case, he'll never change.

No, I think they're great as well as I thought Roof and Johnson were too...no matter how many people on here criticized me for it. That said, the correlation between winning a close game and the inability to bring in a competent DC is a terrible one at best.

About this idea of co-DC's. No, no, and Hell No! If there are two bosses, there are no bosses. Anybody that doesn't want to work for T-Rob or whoever the DC is should hit the road.

Agreed -- makes no sense. Give TRob the reigns and whomever he wants on his staff and let him go. Best option available. If Gus does TRob like he does QBs and keeps him 'limited' until he trusts him, we're sunk.

TRob does not have the resume'. He's not made on his own away from Muschamp or Tubbs. He's just another RL.

We are AUBURN UNIVERSITY. Our program is premiere and we deserve that our defense be run by a man with stellar experience. Besides, we have the $. lol

It will be interesting to see who we get. It will also be interesting to see where TRob goes from here in his career. I maintain right now that it was a mistake not to hire him. And if we didn't even offer him, then he was justified in leaving, and I wish him the very best of luck!

Muschamp is Petrino's brother. He was named "head coach in waiting" at Texas, but couldn't wait and as UT hit harder times, he jumped ship. Failure at Florida. "In for the long haul" at Auburn, but jumps ship after one season. The guy is just plain unreliable, a liar, and noxious to a program. At this point, he needs to be gone. I'm hoping that, if the USCe job falls through, Gus fires him anyway. Get rid of him.

Archived