Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading everywhere that Muschamp will offer TRob a senior position on his staff. If history is an indicator, I don't think it's far-fetched at all that we lose both - given that TRob has followed Muschamp at every stop. Thoughts?

T-Rob has stated he wanted to get back to Auburn and he is loyal to Auburn. If given the option he will stay here as DC.

You can be loyal to Auburn and leave Auburn if you sense that things are not well and you'd be searching for a job in the future. For the record, I hope that this is not the case and that he'll stay on if offered the position, but I definitely would not say that he would not follow his mentor in coaching just to stay at Auburn.

T-Rob isn't going to Carolina. He's staying put. He already has a DC job on tap at Maryland with Durkin but told him to wait until Mushcamp made a move in case he has the opportunity to stay at Auburn. I'm banking it.

Won't say he forgot to coach but he definitely didn't make the best decisions this year

Good season..great decisions....bad season poor decisions....

Yes when you make great decisions the effect usually equals a good season...

For those who took shots at me for posting things I saw on other site about Will leaving, I'm now waitinf for you tell me your very sorry for doubting me and taking shots at me.

Nothing official yet so your request is premature.

Ok. Take a deep breath and hold it. Your apology is in the mail...

Great opportunity for both WM and TR. don't blame either for getting out of this goat rodeo. Would not shock me in the least if malzahn gives the job to big boy garner. JJ nor malzahn are ready for prime time. Jacobs HAS GOT TO GO!!,! We should forgo our season tickets until something is done!

JJ is also responsible for global warming....he has to go. The guy just can't do anything right......right?

Meanwhile...where are your seats....might be interested in buying them for next year.

Great opportunity for both WM and TR. don't blame either for getting out of this goat rodeo. Would not shock me in the least if malzahn gives the job to big boy garner. JJ nor malzahn are ready for prime time. Jacobs HAS GOT TO GO!!,! We should forgo our season tickets until something is done!

Please find another team. If Auburn football makes you so angry that you post for days and days about how terrible everyone involved is and threaten pulling your support, you really need to go ahead and pull it and find another team.

Said it before and say it again we should have announced malzahns firing this a.m. And headed the job the chomp. He could have held the D class and improved next years. All he had to do was bring In a OC which damn sure wouldn't have been hard to Improve on. Now we are faced with going through all this crap again next year and who the hell knows what will be available. Why is Auburn always 2 steps behind.

Knew you would chime in with more ridiculousness. Firing malzahn would be colossally stupid. post less.

Said it before and say it again we should have announced malzahns firing this a.m. And headed the job the chomp. He could have held the D class and improved next years. All he had to do was bring In a OC which damn sure wouldn't have been hard to Improve on. Now we are faced with going through all this crap again next year and who the hell knows what will be available. Why is Auburn always 2 steps behind.

Knew you would chime in with more ridiculousness. Firing malzahn would be colossally stupid. post less.

Brain-on-drugs.jpg

Pic related

This may not be the thread for it but I just read where CGM said he was surprised at the departure of WM. If that is accurate then I may change my mind about ole Gus.

Here's the quote. I'll post the link but I know most don't want to click it.

They visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl and came away impressed. Coney goes on to say Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn told her he was "blindsided" by Muschamp's departure.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/12/mother_of_nations_no_1_recruit.html#incart_gallery

Disclaimer: I'm probably going to post this in another thread because I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Muschamp lied when announced to the world that he would be here "for the long haul." He lied to recruits and their families, telling them he was going nowhere -- and at least one parent has called him out on that publicly. And apparently CGM believed the lie as well.

Those are facts.

It looks like people differ on how they feel about those facts. Some think it's just hunky dory and wish him well. Others are disgusted and angered.

But in the end, our feelings are irrelevant. Time to try to move forward and find a new DC that is, hopefully, a good coach who is also more trustworthy, more worthy of the Auburn name on his chest, and more likely to stick around.

WHAT???

Fire Malzahn and put in Muschamp so he could bring Roper and his gang of epic failures from UF....which is EXACTLY what he is doing at USC. No thanks. Firing/hiring coaches every few years is one big problem.

Muschamp still hasn't shown me anything to make me think he will be a capable HC.

I agree. Muschamp hasn't proved he is capable of being a HC. Sure, he was basically set up to fail at UF, but he needed, in my opinion, to prove himself again at Auburn. Or maybe I'm just being a selfish Auburn fan lol.

IMO this decision by Muschamp is going to eventually pigeon hole him as a DC for the rest of his career. He's essentially building his staff from UF 2014 to coach at USCe 2016. If you can't win with the talent at UF, what makes you think that you can win with the talent at USCe? Especially a USCe that loses their 2 best players in Skai Moore and Pharaoh Cooper.

If (when) Muschamp fails at USCe, IMO it will be extremely hard for him to find an FBS HC job, if he ever finds one. Combine that with the fact that people won't trust him because he has shown that he does not keep his word, and I think that many ADs are going to think twice about hiring him again. He just causes too much turmoil.

IMO this decision by Muschamp is going to eventually pigeon hole him as a DC for the rest of his career. He's essentially building his staff from UF 2014 to coach at USCe 2016. If you can't win with the talent at UF, what makes you think that you can win with the talent at USCe? Especially a USCe that loses their 2 best players in Skai Moore and Pharaoh Cooper.

If (when) Muschamp fails at USCe, IMO it will be extremely hard for him to find an FBS HC job, if he ever finds one. Combine that with the fact that people won't trust him because he has shown that he does not keep his word, and I think that many ADs are going to think twice about hiring him again. He just causes too much turmoil.

Yep. He left a year too soon. He had an opportunity to provide ADs with reason to forget the uf debacle by making Auburn's mediocre defense into one to be feared again.

WHAT???

Fire Malzahn and put in Muschamp so he could bring Roper and his gang of epic failures from UF....which is EXACTLY what he is doing at USC. No thanks. Firing/hiring coaches every few years is one big problem.

Muschamp still hasn't shown me anything to make me think he will be a capable HC.

I think you misread WT's post...

Archived