Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Anything can happen, but it appears USC offered Rich Rod the job before Muschamp and he (via his AD) publicly declined USC....and there is some talk that this rubbed Muschamp the wrong way. I guess we will see how bad Muschamp wants to be a HC, because he is LITERALLY the last choice at USC and they have made that pretty evident.

gotta link?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zac Etheridge posted on Facebook who do we want as our next DC....

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead::drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

This should confirm to all but a few with their head in the sand that this program is not healthy/being run correctly. Whether it's meddling at some level or the result of years of instability, Auburn football is not a well-run business. This is the beginning of the end of Malzahn I believe, which will continue the cycle of instability. Where does the buck stop?

If true, then he gets to be DC for as Long as Muschamp stays at SC(at least 4 years). At AU, if he was DC, he stays as long as Malzahn remains (which could only be 1-2 years if he doesnt improve the team).

Pretty easy choice. Alma Mater never means as much when you are talking about career and family choices.

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/>

This should confirm to all but a few with their head in the sand that this program is not healthy/being run correctly. Whether it's meddling at some level or the result of years of instability, Auburn football is not a well-run business. This is the beginning of the end of Malzahn I believe, which will continue the cycle of instability. Where does the buck stop?

Perception may not be reality, but it's a damn good indicator.

Something is very wrong.

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead::drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1: :drink1:

JAY JACOBS

Someone wake me up when there are actual confirmations from the actual people involved going on record. Until then, this is all hot air meant to get clicks and keep the pot stirred.

And those running Will down, saying he created this circus, need to realize that he probably didn't do one thing except interview. Everything else came from the idiots in the media who know that ripping apart Auburn leads to lots of traffic and traction.

Well.....damn. T-Rob headed to Carolina per PM.

Now I'm sick as hell...........

This what short- term fixes do-- more unstable than ever.

Glad someone is stating the obvious. So is this GM's problem, JJ's, or both in the hiring ? I honestly don't have a clue but tend to think that JJ has endorsed GM's decisions as he should but now they are a noose around all our necks.

Someone wake me up when there are actual confirmations from the actual people involved going on record. Until then, this is all hot air meant to get clicks and keep the pot stirred.

And those running Will down, saying he created this circus, need to realize that he probably didn't do one thing except interview. Everything else came from the idiots in the media who know that ripping apart Auburn leads to lots of traffic and traction.

No, the circus started with his hiring. That I lay at GM's and JJ's feet.

Glad someone is stating the obvious. So is this GM's problem, JJ's, or both in the hiring ? I honestly don't have a clue but tend to think that JJ has endorsed GM's decisions as he should but now they are a noose around all our necks.

Gus grossly misjudged his offense and believed one year of a DC would reap enough of a benefit. Now he couldn't be worse off. Let's a one year DC bring in other one year coaches.

yep. i would say this would teach JJ a lesson but its time and time again.

Seriously the program is not headed in the right direction...the writing is on the wall. Its not looking good fellas.

It would have been great if Muschamp stayed but not unexpected. If T Rob goes good luck to him.

Personally I am not crazy about having a first time coordinator especially if the HC does not have expertise in that side if the ball. Prefer a guy that has done it. And with all the coaching changes everyones recruiting is somewhat up in the air. I am not sure UGA has anyone at the football offices. Even UAT has some questions. I was only worded about losing Davidson to them and that was way before all if this coaching change. Hopefully Gus has been preparing for this and moving fast for a DC. Recruiting wise we need to take advantage of the UGA mess.

The fact that TRob turned down a contract extension and a raise to coach at his alma mater speaks volumes for where he thinks this program is headed...

Maybe, but I'd turn down a contract extension and raise to be named DC at another institution. Titles speak volumes and it probably comes w a pay raise too. Never seen a Db's coach win the Broyles award or be the next "Big Thing" in coaching circles.

Look at the bigger picture ...maybe he was not offered the job due to inexperience who knows. You got two guys in Lance and Garner with more defensive coaching experience than TROB. Could have caused chemistry issues that would have caused much more harm than good....I mean we praise Trob for working with Muschamp but will not consider Lance who has spent years with arguably the best defensive mind in the SEC...Saban. Not saying Lance is my choice but from a logical standpoint he has just as much pedigree as Trob....

yep. i would say this would teach JJ a lesson but its time and time again.

Seriously the program is not headed in the right direction...the writing is on the wall. Its not looking good fellas.

This is on GUS. If JJ had nixed his hiring decision last year folks would have come unglued.

I told you guys T-Rob was following Muschamp. Look for Pruitt's name to be mentioned but I believe he'll turn us down.

he could probably save the recruiting class...

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

this is his way of us getting better, don't you know?

TRob!

Nope....he's decided to go with Will............... :dead:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/> :drink1:/>

JAY JACOBS

This goes beyond just Jacobs. There is something else, or more accurately, someone else, outside of his control.

Gus better pull a great DC hire out of his ass or his tenure at Auburn will come to a crashing end.

With all this high turnover of coaches and lack of stability and continuity, can't help but wondering if we truly do have "administration problems".

With all this high turnover of coaches and lack of stability and continuity, can't help but wondering if we truly do have "administration problems".

Chizik

Tony Barbee

Sonny Golloway

Maybe.....

Archived