Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

All this gloom and doom stuff is getting tiresome. We were a helathy QB away from winning 9 or more games this year. All of our QB's won't be mentally or physically disabled next year. We'll be right back in the hunt with Gus driving the ship.

This is almost laughable.

No it's laughable

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These things have always floated around Auburn since I can remember. I was at AU in the middle of the Bowden-Lowder stuff and it seems its always something. Fact remains despite all of that Auburn has 3 SEC titles, 2 unbeaten seasons, a natty and another natty appearance in the last eleven years. Auburn can and will rebound but it may take a while.

At least that takes away the second biggest financial nugget away from the firing we'll have to do with this staff next season

Maybe Malzahn will leave too hopefully

Your last sentence is nonsense

Its nonsense because you're under the guise that we'll be good next season. Nothing so far makes me believe that. He leaves, get a good job, we don't have to pay his buyout.

These things have always floated around Auburn since I can remember. I was at AU in the middle of the Bowden-Lowder stuff and it seems its always something. Fact remains despite all of that Auburn has 3 SEC titles, 2 unbeaten seasons, a natty and another natty appearance in the last eleven years. Auburn can and will rebound but it may take a while.

Exactly. Auburn has always been able to overcome the odds that Auburn puts in its own way. However, Auburn University should never have to "rebound," especially a rebound that "may take a while." This program has the tools and resources to be more than self-sustaining if (allegedly based on reading this board) people in places of power would learn their role and stop trying to use Auburn football as their personal fantasy team to alter and run as they want.

At least that takes away the second biggest financial nugget away from the firing we'll have to do with this staff next season

Its nonsense because you're under the guise that we'll be good next season. Nothing so far makes me believe that. He leaves, get a good job, we don't have to pay his buyout.

And we get to open our season at home against Clemson next year! Can't wait for that one

We hit a home run hire with our DC hire last year. Home runs don't stay in the park. We need a compentent DC that tends to run the same system Coach Hot Head ran. It won't hurt to get a young guy on the way up if he's otherwise qualified.

All this gloom and doom stuff is getting tiresome. We were a helathy QB away from winning 9 or more games this year. All of our QB's won't be mentally or physically disabled next year. We'll be right back in the hunt with Gus driving the ship.

Sean was healthy and we only beat an outclassed nothing and a team that isn't making a bowl game in Kentucky. That's it. There's nothing factual to say he'd beat Georgia or Alabama and even if he did, that still wouldn't have been 9 wins. We were a healthy QB away from a still terrible team

And we get to open our season at home against Clemson next year! Can't wait for that one

Gonna be honestly truthful, depending on how atrocious recruiting we'll be defensive wise, we'll probably be close with Clemson. Gus with a dual threat guy is actually good and he'll have two including a JuCo that he can't ruin with his QB development. So the offense should be fine.

Last post today (going fishing)....... Auburn is better than this. No excuses.

Catch a lot. Drink a lot. Enjoy a beautiful Sunday. I'm off to take out frustration on a Titleist 3 after lunch.

Catch a lot. Drink a lot. Enjoy a beautiful Sunday. I'm off to take out frustration on a Titleist 3 after lunch.

No drinking on the water. :)

Exactly. Auburn has always been able to overcome the odds that Auburn puts in its own way. However, Auburn University should never have to "rebound," especially a rebound that "may take a while." This program has the tools and resources to be more than self-sustaining if (allegedly based on reading this board) people in places of power would learn their role and stop trying to use Auburn football as their personal fantasy team to alter and run as they want.

Well put, I just have no confidence things will change after being an Auburn fan for 30 plus years. Love Auburn too much to let it go so I will stay on the roller coaster and enjoy the good times.

Taking my daughter to see the Peanuts movie, gonna be a good day regardless.

Maybe I need to take this up. My grand dad used to take me when I was little and it seemed to relax him....I'm on edge and aggravated right now

Well Mikey said SW was the qb we wanted and Watson would be sitting the bench behind him so I'm sure he's excited about that match up against Clemson next year

Past success does not ensure future success.

Having said that, I hope we recover stronger than ever with sustained success.

Need a couple of receivers and a good TE, but this is pretty accurate.

If this TRob thing holds, we just got totally screwed.

Hindsight is 2020. Hope Gus saw this coming and has prepared accordingly.

Still not sure I buy into any of these rumors. Muschamp is awful as a head coach, and, if you look at usce message boards, their fans are not on board. He's a bad fit and is not ready to return to head coaching yet. If he really is leaving for South Carolina, muschamp is a fool.

Past success does not ensure future success.

Having said that, I hope we recover stronger than ever with sustained success.

I agree past success does not ensure future success. I also agree cycles of success are destined to end. Auburn never allows itself to even get on a cycle of 6-8 years of sustained success. There is no excuse or reason why Auburn can't have a cycle like that. Back to back 10 win seasons would be a start.

Need a couple of receivers and a good TE, but this is pretty accurate.

A couple of linebackers, a couple of DL and some CB..oh and a new D staff, yea but other than that we're set!

Oh, and I almost forgot, a competent OC.

Archived