Staff Changes

fredst

Oh so Gt's offense is the problem now, well many would argue the offense was strength of GT in recent memory.

No, dumbass, it literally is a problem. They are 81st in the country in total offense (and a pathetic 123rd in the country in pass offense). They are 63rd in the country in scoring offense. That is mediocre to terrible no matter which way you look at it. By contrast, UNC is 10th in scoring (40.9 points per game) and 20th in total offense. When two defenses are basically even statistically, such a drastic difference in offensive performance will translate to very different overall win-loss records.

Damn, son, act like you can connect some dots.

Your making up a lot of excuses for Ted Roof, you must really miss the guy.

I don't miss anyone. I'm just pointing out facts while you post mindless nonsense and embarrass yourself more with every post.

Paul Rhoads did a much better job at Auburn than Ted Roof has ever done, in 2008 alone. I can argue that he went through more offensively than Roof ever has while coaching at Auburn. Tony Franklin was fired mid season and it was an absolute disaster.

I don't disagree with that, but it's also not the point. You're the one that got all bent out of whack when I showed you that stats on UNC vs GT this year. I'm sorry that reality doesn't match your presuppositions.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roof said he hasn't talked to Gus, fwiw.

Feels like a Diaz/Grantham situation.

I don't want Roof at all, but I would take him over Grantham. I hope it is Diaz.

wde

I would have no problem with Grantham. He seems to have toned down a bit. I was never that excited about the potential to hire Allen.

I would have no problem with Grantham. He seems to have toned down a bit.

Grantham's salary was upped to ~$1.4 million in February after he supposedly declined an offer from the Oakland Raiders. While we clearly like to throw money around, I'm really not sure how you can spin paying that much to get a coach that not many would actually be excited about.

Grantham's salary was upped to ~$1.4 million in February after he supposedly declined an offer from the Oakland Raiders. While we clearly like to throw money around, I'm really not sure how you can spin paying that much to get a coach that not many would actually be excited about.

Holy crap...Diaz is my number 1 though.

I don't want the Texas version of Diaz

They had a lot of other problems..imo, Diaz was a scapegoat. They needed a change and he was the easiest target.

Diaz has played us well over the years. I think he could really make an impact. And probably help Gus with the O. "When you ran the ball three straight times, I knew you were going to run a fourth"

He's a good recruiter as well from what I hear.

I don't want the Texas version of Diaz

They had a lot of other problems..imo, Diaz was a scapegoat. They needed a change and he was the easiest target.

Diaz has played us well over the years. I think he could really make an impact. And probably help Gus with the O. "When you ran the ball three straight times, I knew you were going to run a fourth"

He's a good recruiter as well from what I hear.

if he told him, do you think that coach doublebubble would do anything different?.....running the same play ,on first down, over and over and then wondering why your offensive production, on first down, is an average of 2 yards?......being stubborn eventually leads to being stupid

Roof said he hasn't talked to Gus, fwiw.

Feels like a Diaz/Grantham situation.

I don't want Roof at all, but I would take him over Grantham. I hope it is Diaz.

wde

Of those 3. I would take Diaz. He doesn't give me warm fuzzies, but I think he's pretty good.

I like Roof as a guy and I think he's a good coach. The stint at AU is the only sore thumb on his resume. And he did construct the best 2nd half adjustments I've ever seen!

Grantham = please Lord, NO!!!!!!!

Any reason why? I haven't been very impressed with him personally. I'm not saying he would be a terrible hire, just not fully on board with his worthiness of being a top candidate.

Any reason why? I haven't been very impressed with him personally. I'm not saying he would be a terrible hire, just not fully on board with his worthiness of being a top candidate.

I am not really familiar with DAG, but I assume he means top candidate from the four presently under consideration (allegedly) - that being Grantham, Roof, Allen and Diaz. Sure, there are better potential candidates than Diaz out there, but out of the four names that are being thrown around now, I would take Diaz in a heartbeat.

I am not really familiar with DAG, but I assume he means top candidate from the four presently under consideration (allegedly) - that being Grantham, Roof, Allen and Diaz. Sure, there are better potential candidates than Diaz out there, but out of the four names that are being thrown around now, I would take Diaz in a heartbeat.

This is exactly right.

Tom Allen has such a small sample size of being a DC. I don't truly want to put all my eggs in a basket for someone that green. I like Ted Roof, but I don't like the idea of him returning to AU. Kind of a been there done that moment. It would've been different if we had good defenses under his watch, but that just wasn't the case. We were a bend but don't break defense and I like the attacking defense much more. Now, some people attribute that to CGC and CGM would have more inclination to the truth of that matter. Grantham has had some productive defenses, but his salary and general personality would be a problem. My biggest gripe with Diaz is the fact that he has been a DC at several different places in his short tenure. He also has that blemish at UT, but I like his defensive philosophy. I believe with the right personnel we can be an adequate defense with him at the helm. I don't expect us to be world beaters.

Roof seems like a true professional, and I could not personally imagine him wanting to come back to Auburn.

Word is he's interested.

Ok - well if I were the decision maker it's a road I would not want to travel down again.

Surely to God this Roof rumor is nothing more than a rumor? Someone please tell me Gus has a better grasp of this program than to even consider what this hire could do to recruiting.

Word is Roof is a legit candidate, as in Diaz, & Grantham it appears. Roof & Gus aparently got along very well when they were at AU together. Also Gus knows the D we had while Roof was here was not his. It was what Chiz forced on him. Gus may be willing to give Roof a shot to do it on his own.

Coach Roof was good before he came to Auburn. He has had good defenses since he left Auburn. The disaster at Auburn can't be aimed solely at him.

Surely to God this Roof rumor is nothing more than a rumor? Someone please tell me Gus has a better grasp of this program than to even consider what this hire could do to recruiting.

Word is Roof is a legit candidate, as in Diaz, & Grantham it appears. Roof & Gus aparently got along very well when they were at AU together. Also Gus knows the D we had while Roof was here was not his. It was what Chiz forced on him. Gus may be willing to give Roof a shot to do it on his own.

Coach Roof was good before he came to Auburn. He has had good defenses since he left Auburn. The disaster at Auburn can't be aimed solely at him.

Speaking of Roof was he only at Penn State a year because of the James Franklin hire or was there something else? Didnt Zac Etheridge go with him as a GA?

Speaking of Roof was he only at Penn State a year because of the James Franklin hire or was there something else? Didnt Zac Etheridge go with him as a GA?

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/01/a_difficult_choice_ted_roof_le.html

PM says Diaz is a target. Do we actually have any reason to believe he has been contacted?

Yes. All of Charles Kelly (out), Bob Shoop (out), Tom Allen, Manny Diaz, & Ted Roof have all been in talks w/ AU.

Archived