Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

You should see the field now. I don't know how they are going to have it ready for A-Day. Goal post to seating, seating to 10 yard line is dug up about 5 feet deep. They are replacing the 8" terracotta pipe that runs underneath. Aaannnnddddd a lot of those seats in that endzone are gone.

Welcome to Construction, please excuse our Auburn...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies if this has been posted already. I just received this email this afternoon regarding the NEZ renovation.

Dear North End Zone Season Ticket Holder,

As we approach the April 1 football ticket priority seat selection period, we wanted to take a moment to update this group on the potential North End Zone renovation project. We felt it was important to provide you with as much information, as we know it today.

There will be no change to the North End Zone for the 2016 season. The Auburn Athletics Department and Tigers Unlimited continue to evaluate the feasibility of the project and the interest from the Auburn Family.

We truly appreciate your patience as a ticket holder in the North End Zone. We want to assure you that we intend to provide frequent and timely updates to this group as they become available. We know how important the gameday experience is to the Auburn Family.

We encourage you to reach out to Tigers Unlimited staff members if you have any additional questions or feedback. You can contact us at TUF@auburn.edu or 855-282-2010.

War Eagle!

Tigers Unlimited

I read sometime back that work would start on the North End Zone sometime after the 2016 season ended. Is that still on the mark?

I read sometime back that work would start on the North End Zone sometime after the 2016 season ended. Is that still on the mark?

Has yet to be approved or disproved.

Feasibility studies are currently underway - they're still trying to see if the Auburn Family is interested in this project.

whatever they do I hope its executed better than the jumbotron. After all the hype this summer you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even see the screen from my seats. If you're thinking about sitting in the south endzone then I'd recommend sitting as low as possible. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or if they just accepted the sacrifice of 5k for the way it would appear to 80k.

you couldn't figure that out beforehand? There were plenty of renderings,progress updates, photos, videos, before the season even started. This ain't your den which is probably a disappointment as well.

I joked I was going to get a sunburn on my neck before the season. I realized I wasn't going to have the best view but I didn't think it would be unwatchable. Im just glad I don't sit on the last row or I'd be completely under it. Im not sure you'd call my van by the river a den but the reception on my rabbit ears and the plush carpet are pretty comfy.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't a decision on this be made like REALLY soon? This is ridiculous.

A decision has been made to put a hold on the project indefinitely for the time being. JJ does not have the support for the project he thought he would.

A decision has been made to put a hold on the project indefinitely for the time being. JJ does not have the support for the project he thought he would.

....and all very predictable. Another good WDE prediction from back in December.

Jay sending out another survey just means Jay does not want or have the support to build this expansion so don't get your hopes up just yet. I'm guess the PTB don't trust Jay to build this and Jay sending out another survey will be a way for Jay to say it's not needed.

Yes, JJ is a master in the art of delay. Now well over a decade on this project, from the "Master Plan" to the "North EZ Project", JJ has no equal.

It's been said time and time again.......Auburn is their own worst enemy.

Some of our own people have no problem sitting back and watching our conference brothers improve, renovate, innovate and in some cases expand their athletic facilities. I feel like we are in the "Left Behind" series.

Clear one thing up. The project has the support needed. Money is not the issue. Just no one is trusting JJ to do the project.

Apologies if this has been posted already. I just received this email this afternoon regarding the NEZ renovation.

Dear North End Zone Season Ticket Holder,

As we approach the April 1 football ticket priority seat selection period, we wanted to take a moment to update this group on the potential North End Zone renovation project. We felt it was important to provide you with as much information, as we know it today.

There will be no change to the North End Zone for the 2016 season. The Auburn Athletics Department and Tigers Unlimited continue to evaluate the feasibility of the project and the interest from the Auburn Family.

We truly appreciate your patience as a ticket holder in the North End Zone. We want to assure you that we intend to provide frequent and timely updates to this group as they become available. We know how important the gameday experience is to the Auburn Family.

We encourage you to reach out to Tigers Unlimited staff members if you have any additional questions or feedback. You can contact us at TUF@auburn.edu or 855-282-2010.

War Eagle!

Tigers Unlimited

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. Lord have mercy.

Clear one thing up. The project has the support needed. Money is not the issue. Just no one is trusting JJ to do the project.

Why can't everyone see and understand this to include Gouge?

That is what I said. It was off your previous posts & I was told by another close to the program that all the project stuff was off for now due to the low support for JJ.

Some of our own people have no problem sitting back and watching our conference brothers improve, renovate, innovate and in some cases expand their athletic facilities. I feel like we are in the "Left Behind" series.

Not yet. We are up in some areas & starting to fall to the last half in others facility wise.

The AD is "making money" & student athletes are graduating for the most part so Gogue has been fairly happy w/ JJ.

Because as a university President, you want to see your Athletic Department make money, graduate student-athletes, and stay out of the NCAA microscope. President Gouge see's that his Athletic Director has been able to accomplish all three and he is apparently satisfied with his AD's performance resulting in Jay Jacobs' most recent contract extension.

When it comes to adding more seats and doing other things to make Jordan-Hare look better, we have been behind the 8 ball as long Gouge is allowing Jacobs to remain AD and call all the shots. I too feel like we are being "Left Behind" further and further.

yep

If JJ was working in the "real world", he would have been fired long ago for some of the things he's done on his own.

If JJ was working in the "real world", he would have been fired long ago for some of the things he's done on his own.

I hate to disagree with you here, but... If JJ was working in the "real world" well he would have been promoted to OC by now. In the "real world" people who have a history with a business and have lot's of support from within the organization will get promoted when it is finally discovered they can't do their job. And when they can't do that job, they are promoted again. So by the end of this year either JJ will be one of the highlights of AU football or he will be our AD.

I'm meeting with Jay in a couple weeks, I'll see if I can get the skinny ...

Is Jay the kind of guy that tries to paint a pretty picture and make everything appear great, or is he a straight shooter - strictly business kind of guy?

Question.... Will this result in expanding the total number of seats in JHS? I would love to see it expanded to over 90,000 seats. This is something I think we need. Why not?

Archived