Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

If JJ was working in the "real world", he would have been fired long ago for some of the things he's done on his own.

He hasn't done anything "on his own". Ever hear of the Board of Trustees? I doubt it. But, the Board of Trustees has to put their stamp of approval on most everything that happens at the University. Jacobs doesn't do anything on his own. I'm not surprised that you say that, though, because it fits your ridiculous narrative of blaming everything on Jacobs. Please provide the list of everything Jacobs has done "on his own". That includes links and sources to back up what you claim. Shouldn't take you that long since you are so sure you know everything that goes on in the athletic department. I'll wait.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question.... Will this result in expanding the total number of seats in JHS? I would love to see it expanded to over 90,000 seats. This is something I think we need. Why not?

No. If the project is ever done it is expected to add only around 200 more seats. It would result in higher valued & priced seats though.

Why do we care if we have 87,000+ or 90,001 seats? Look at it realistically, does 3,000 more mean ANYTHING?

I think it is most important that they upgrade what we have, with better seats, and not just bleachers, improved concourse areas, bathrooms, and even a pavilion with vendors where fans can go to sit and enjoy fan day IN the stadium too. Eventually close in all the steel beams and make it look more modern.

Just adding about 3,000 seats only adds more parking issues, and more lines at the concessions.

Make the stadium a more modern place for us fans to enjoy...

Why do we care if we have 87,000+ or 90,001 seats? Look at it realistically, does 3,000 more mean ANYTHING?

I think it is most important that they upgrade what we have, with better seats, and not just bleachers, improved concourse areas, bathrooms, and even a pavilion with vendors where fans can go to sit and enjoy fan day IN the stadium too. Eventually close in all the steel beams and make it look more modern.

Just adding about 3,000 seats only adds more parking issues, and more lines at the concessions.

Agree with this post. I don't want more seats, but I would like the entire stadium to have better seats and an improved stadium experience. Turning the NEZ into just premium seating and doing nothing to the overall experience is not the direction I want to head.

Agree with this post. I don't want more seats, but I would like the entire stadium to have better seats and an improved stadium experience. Turning the NEZ into just premium seating and doing nothing to the overall experience is not the direction I want to head.

The plan would not be just to turn the NEZ to premium seating. There would be some there but the press box would also move to the NEZ w/ the current press box on the West Side being reinnovated into suites.

The plan would not be just to turn the NEZ to premium seating. There would be some there but the press box would also move to the NEZ w/ the current press box on the West Side being reinnovated into suites.

I know, I saw the plan. Just don't agree with it. Would like to see them fix the facade, concessions areas and focus on removing bleachers.

I know, I saw the plan. Just don't agree with it. Would like to see them fix the facade, concessions areas and focus on removing bleachers.

Yes. And anything that might be used for recruiting purposes.

That's a priority imo over adding seats or boxes.

Sounds like a boon doggle

I vote we win 10 games back to back before renovating the stadium ;)/>

UGA fired their coach after 10 wins including the fact he practically owned us. Bring in Kirby expecting to have 92k at a spring game. Kinda brings back fond memories for me as an Auburn fan. With a new stud at QB for the next three years it will take more than new sky boxes to get to 10.

That's why a football only facility is near the top of the priority list on the plans.

That's why a football only facility is near the top of the priority list on the plans.

Nice to hear

It seems like this thing has been in the "planning" stages for way too damn long. Now we are told that the money is there, but some people don't trust Jay Jacobs to oversee this project ~ All the while Jay's contract gets extended????

When will we see the next round of reports/letter to season ticket holders telling updating us in the results of the feasibility study that Jacob's initiated back in January?

It seems like this thing has been in the "planning" stages for way too damn long. Now we are told that the money is there, but some people don't trust Jay Jacobs to oversee this project ~ All the while Jay's contract gets extended????

When will we see the next round of reports/letter to season ticket holders telling updating us in the results of the feasibility study that Jacob's initiated back in January?

This. I am pretty damn furious. We were promised to hear something by the end of March. We have heard nothing.

This. I am pretty damn furious. We were promised to hear something by the end of March. We have heard nothing.

I'm sure some peon in the Athletic Department is trying to draft a letter to the fans in a effort to break the bad news that this project won't happen.

Jay Jacobs has hit his ceiling - if he can't get enough supporters behind him to make the much needed and necessary improvements for AU football and JHS, then we may as well be resolved to the fact that AU football won't be able to compete in the facilities battle with our main rivals.

Jordan Hare Stadium needs improvements, the exterior facade needs a renovation, the amenities need to be increased and improved for the everyday fan convenience and ease of access. AU needs a "football" only facility for recruiting if nothing else.

It's sad and irritating at the same time to know that we've been strung along for years in anticipation of this plan finally coming to fruition. Jay's contract gets extended while the JHS renovations get thrown on the back burner for Lord knows how long.

They sent a letter a month ago to NEZ ticket holders saying nothing would be done in 2016.

They sent a letter a month ago to NEZ ticket holders saying nothing would be done in 2016.

I saw the letter to the NEZ ticket holders. It stated that since we were approaching the April 1st ticket priority seat selection period, they wanted to inform them that the "potential" NEZ renovation project would not change the NEZ for the 2016 season. And that the AU AD continue to evaluate the feasibility of the project.

When will the findings of the feasibility study be made public? When will the general AU fan base (because I am not a priority ticket holder) be told if this renovation project is a go or not?

I saw the letter to the NEZ ticket holders. It stated that since we were approaching the April 1st ticket priority seat selection period, they wanted to inform them that the "potential" NEZ renovation project would not change the NEZ for the 2016 season. And that the AU AD continue to evaluate the feasibility of the project.

When will the findings of the feasibility study be made public? When will the general AU fan base (because I am not a priority ticket holder) be told if this renovation project is a go or not?

I saw another letter posted on another site by a NEZ holder that basically said the construction was off for 2016 & there was no timetable for a decision on if & when to proceed. Plus I have heard that from others close to the program as well. I doubt the "findings" will be made public. As WDE has implied the feasability stuff is basically a smokescreen since JJ does not have much support on the project w/ Money people.

"Good morning Logan,

The North End Zone Renovation Project will be presented to the Auburn Board of Trustees in April. Following this presentation the Board of Trustees will then decide whether or not to move along with the next stages of the project.

Any additional questions please feel free to let me know."

I received this this morning from asking personally where we were standing on the project.

"Good morning Logan,

The North End Zone Renovation Project will be presented to the Auburn Board of Trustees in April. Following this presentation the Board of Trustees will then decide whether or not to move along with the next stages of the project.

I received this this morning from asking personally where we were standing on the project.

HMMM

"Good morning Logan,

Lets see if Jay and the architectural firms rep can answer some simple, or hard, questions that the BOT has for them this time. Last time neither Jay or the rep could. If this really is back before the BOT this month. Which I really have my doubts about such meeting.

Don't get your hopes up people. I'm told this isn't happening under Jay. Someone else could step up and do this but who?

"Good morning Logan,

Lets see if Jay and the architectural firms rep can answer some simple, or hard, questions that the BOT has for them this time. Last time neither Jay or the rep could. If this really is back before the BOT this month. Which I really have my doubts about such meeting.

Don't get your hopes up people. I'm told this isn't happening under Jay. Someone else could step up and do this but who?

Is this effort not led by the University's facilities design/construction group? Does the Athletics Dept bypass them? That often happens with the boosters and AD at FSU, which aggravates us architects who have great relationships with Facilities. Are they really putting the architectural team front and center?

"Good morning Logan,

What does JJ have to do with whether this gets approved by the board? If he is in charge, then he has done what he is suppose to do. Why does bringing someone else in allow it to get it done?

IF the football program needs these to continue to be a part of the 'arms' race for a football program, then it shouldnt matter who is running the AD, and the board will act. Are the MONEY mad at JJ for something related to football? I'm jsut trying to get a handle on some of these comments...

Just an FYI- the BOT meetings begin today and continue through tomorrow. The stadium doesn't appear as a specific action item for the Property and Facilities Committee, items 1-8 in the executive summary(PDF pages 4,5,6). It could be addressed under item #9 Status Updates (PDF page 6) for previously approved projects, ie. the previously approved contract on the stadium design. Of course they could change the agenda anytime they want based on the workshop meeting that starts today at 1:30pm.

The PDF further shows:

page 35- over $10,634,651 is approved and underway for storm drain and sewer repairs for Jordan Hare stadium.

page 42- the J-H sewer repairs are in the construction phase.

page 42- the J-H improvements are in the design phase. Next step would be the static design approval.

https://www.auburn.e...rials160408.pdf

Just an FYI- the BOT meetings begin today and continue through tomorrow. The stadium doesn't appear as a specific action item for the Property and Facilities Committee, items 1-8 in the executive summary(PDF pages 4,5,6). It could be addressed under item #9 Status Updates (PDF page 6) for previously approved projects, ie. the previously approved contract on the stadium design. Of course they could change the agenda anytime they want based on the workshop meeting that starts today at 1:30pm.

The PDF further shows:

page 35- over $10,634,651 is approved and underway for storm drain and sewer repairs for Jordan Hare stadium.

page 42- the J-H sewer repairs are in the construction phase.

page 42- the J-H improvements are in the design phase. Next step would be the static design approval.

https://www.auburn.e...rials160408.pdf

Hmmmm. It doesn't look like Jay Jacobs and the Architect are slated to go before the BOT with their new plans, the results of the feasibility study, or the plan to finance this huge (+$150mm) project. Surely something of this magnitude would require it's own lengthy segment on the agenda?

Archived