Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

A new AD will cure all the blues..

Does not appear to happen anytime soon.

The guy from Baylor is available....a couple years ago he was high on the list for people wanting to replace JJ..now we can probably get him cheap.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy from Baylor is available....a couple years ago he was high on the list for people wanting to replace JJ..now we can probably get him cheap.

So an already late renovation decision that was supposed to come in April... now that it is June, the decision will be made in the fall? Glad it is of such high priority. This plus a decade into JJ's on the job training has the Auburn men finishing13th, in Mens SEC all sport trophy.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

So an already late renovation decision that was supposed to come in April... now that it is June, the decision will be made in the fall? Glad it is of such high priority. This plus a decade into JJ's on the job training has the Auburn men finishing13th, in Mens SEC all sport trophy.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

What does any of that have to do with the post you quoted?

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

It doesn't. 24 is just here to bash JJ in 4 of every 5 posts it seems like.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

4:55 AM...dang E...you really keep strange hours. But good that you are on the job to deal with the occasional post for which a response just can't wait until normal business hours.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

4:55 AM...dang E...you really keep strange hours. But good that you are on the job to deal with the occasional post for which a response just can't wait until normal business hours.

I'm cat sitting the next 2 weeks. I have to be up early to get his food out of the fridge for breakfast because the Prince does not like his food cold.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

Don't know why people are shocked about this. Jay is not going to get the support he needs from the money people if Jay is leading the charge for this renovation. I guess now Jay is hoping for a good season next year to help his cause to lead this.

People are upset that Jay spent well over 800K last year 2015 on consulting fees' on stuff he should be doing or the people he hired should be able to do.

IMO, in the SEC, AD/purse strings connections generally mean either being competitive in the "high profile" sports (duh) or being in the Directors Cup conversation. The latter seems to be Jay's "Jeremy Foley-like" primary goal and IMO he's biting off more than he can chew.

People are upset that Jay spent well over 800K last year 2015 on consulting fees' on stuff he should be doing or the people he hired should be able to do.

May I ask, consulting for what specifically?

Good question.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

Yet the data points stated by 24, which pertain to the thread topic and JJ, are in fact accurate.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

Yet the data points stated by 24, which pertain to the thread topic and JJ, are in fact accurate.

I was not talking about the dates thing or refuting them. I was just saying he likes to find a way to get his agenda in on a post which is fine. I just made an observation, not bashing the guy or anything.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

I was not talking about the dates thing or refuting them. I was just saying he likes to find a way to get his agenda in on a post which is fine. I just made an observation, not bashing the guy or anything.

I understand. I just thought it was noteworthy to point out that at least 24 was on the thread topic and using factual data pertaining to same.

Thanks JJ and War Eagle!

I understand. I just thought it was noteworthy to point out that at least 24 was on the thread topic and using factual data pertaining to same.

Gotcha.

Good question.

I guess that answers that.

Good question.

Sometimes you just have to ask the right questions.

Good question.

He did. The point is most connected people & some in the administration what the consulting cost were for.

Good question.

He did. The point is most connected people & some in the administration what the consulting cost were for.

Amazing how many people seem to think that JJ has no bosses to look at what he does and how he does it.

I'm not sure which people are upset. But for those who apparently don't know what consultants do.....sometimes they prepare design concepts for various athletic department facilities or actually design the facility or changes,......or sometimes they might be engaged to search for coaching prospects, or might even provide legal guidance on NCAA issues or contracts that the school might be signing for related to the athletic programs. There are lots of people out there who have special knowledge about things that might be useful to the AD and for which the school does not have full time employees to handle. It's a pretty common business practice.

The Athletic Department is a $100 Million dollar business....not some corner grocery store. Frankly, most of the complaining about stuff like that just reflects badly on the complainers who apparently don't know much about a business the size of Auburn University. Just hoping they are not actual graduates....as that would reflect badly on the school.

Good question.

Amazing how many people seem to think that JJ has no bosses to look at what he does and how he does it.

I'm not sure which people are upset. But for those who apparently don't know what consultants do.....sometimes they prepare design concepts for various athletic department facilities or actually design the facility or changes,......or sometimes they might be engaged to search for coaching prospects, or might even provide legal guidance on NCAA issues or contracts that the school might be signing for related to the athletic programs. There are lots of people out there who have special knowledge about things that might be useful to the AD and for which the school does not have full time employees to handle. It's a pretty common business practice.

The Athletic Department is a $100 Million dollar business....not some corner grocery store. Frankly, most of the complaining about stuff like that just reflects badly on the complainers who apparently don't know much about a business the size of Auburn University. Just hoping they are not actual graduates....as that would reflect badly on the school.

True to most but not all

Good question.

Not at all what I said nor implied. He has bosses & I'm sure they know what he is doing. I just said connected people & some admins don't. I didn't say those admins were above him or were his bosses.

Good question.

I'm a consultant, I am well aware of what they do. However, as a consultant you are usually contractually obligated to work on certain projects with a list of deliverables. Usually with public agencies these contracts are made public or can be subject to sunshine laws or FOIA laws. I was just curious if there were certain projects the had been hired for. $800K in consulting fees is still a lot of money. I'm not saying that none of it is justified, but rather curious as to what the justification was for that amount.

Sure AU people are upset with Jay Jacobs. Jay spent well over 800K last year 2015 on those consulting fees' on stuff he should be doing or the people he hired should be able to do. Why did Jay spend that much in 2015 ? it's because he has no idea what the heck he's doing. And yet, he is Auburn's AD.

Well we know JJ hired consultants to prepare the initial plan for the JHS renovation. And when he took his initial plan to the AU Administration/BOT they had questions/concerns that Jay and the design firm weren't prepared for.....so he had to "go back to the drawing board" with the design/planning consultants.

The AU Administration/BOT obviously had questions about financing the JHS project because Jay had to then hire consultants to perform a feasibility study to see if the big money boosters & fans wanted the project and if they would be willing to pull out their wallets to help fund the project. I'm sure the people that are "upset" with Jay Jacobs spending $800K on consulting fee's are also in a position to get a copy of the '15 general ledger with an itemized listing of how the $$ was spent?

JH project cost now up to $300 million per an artivle by SEC Country the other day.

JH project cost now up to $300 million per an artivle by SEC Country the other day.

And folks are pissed at Jacobs for spending a measly $800K for consultant fees? That's peanuts with a project reaching $300mm.

Archived