Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

The way some talk maybe I should take a sabbatical for 2016...come back in 2017...or whenever some get there wish and Jacobs either retires, resigns or does not get his contract renewed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord, please have mercy on Auburn. Amen.

..... and be with the Pygmies in New Guinea. Amen

Gitter done!!

First of all, turdland doesn't fill up for West Texas State Community College for the deaf and blind. Saban has been noted on many occasions to have referenced such in his press conferences (pointing out students but they weren't the only ones). TV is one of, if not the biggest driver for decreasing butts in the seats. Secondly, turdland is a HUGE benefactor of Drummond Coal. As the coal industry decreases so too will the $$$ coming in but it will be a long time before it has any effect. Like you said their fan base spends a lot of money on turdland gear....plus you have the SEC Network money and post season money coming in.

Wait...a coal company is their biggest benefactor???

Jeez another reason to hate them!

There's nothing like being in a random city and spotting the tourist by them being decked out in head to toe their newest gear.... crimson turd hat, crimson turd shirt and hoody/pullover and light jacket, crimson turd sweat pants, and alabama logo shoes.

And there's like three to four off them.

Drummond Coal

Counter suit

Coal is a dirty business.

whatever they do I hope its executed better than the jumbotron. After all the hype this summer you can imagine my disappointment when I couldn't even see the screen from my seats. If you're thinking about sitting in the south endzone then I'd recommend sitting as low as possible. I'm not sure if it was an oversight or if they just accepted the sacrifice of 5k for the way it would appear to 80k.

you couldn't figure that out beforehand? There were plenty of renderings,progress updates, photos, videos, before the season even started. This ain't your den which is probably a disappointment as well.

So when will we know if Jordan-Hare will have any renovations taking place.

I believe the end of this month. I'm expecting for them to go through. If this plan does not happen, I will be severely disappointed.

I believe the end of this month. I'm expecting for them to go through. If this plan does not happen, I will be severely disappointed.

If it doesn't it will tell you a lot about JJ and the future......imo

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Since Hyman was able to successfully oversee the Texas A&M stadium renovation, could Jacobs have brought him in on an interim basis to help convince the board to get this project done?

Be prepared to be disappointed.

yep

JJ only asked responses from selected donors. AU just signed a deal with Fox Sports for $120M so he can do whatever he wants.

JJ only asked responses from selected donors. AU just signed a deal with Fox Sports for $120M so he can do whatever he wants.

Not really but lets hope it works out.

Let's assume the FOX deal will bring in an extra $5 million a year. If you used that money as payment on a bond issue over 20 years at 5%, that cash flow would support about $60 million. That covers about 1/3 of the cost of the stadium renovation. (I'm heading total cost of $180 mm to $200 mm)

Let's assume the FOX deal will bring in an extra $5 million a year. If you used that money as payment on a bond issue over 20 years at 5%, that cash flow would support about $60 million. That covers about 1/3 of the cost of the stadium renovation. (I'm heading total cost of $180 mm to $200 mm)

or.....

A $150,000,000 bond issue for 20 years.

A 4% coupon rate.

Principal due at the end of 20 years.

The extra $6 million in Fox revenue pays the yearly coupon.

You have the money up front to do the improvements.

You can have all the fund raisers you want for the next 20 years to retire all or part of the principal at any time.

I like your idea IronMan ~ the money is there, period. Now let's see if the PTB will allow Jacob's to manage this thing. I'm just ready to see contractors slinging brick 'n mortar around JHS.

I think it was ingenious to sign a deal with FOX. The support from that will help the program significantly. The renovations just being one of the things.

Has there been any new pictures of what Jordan-Hare might look like for potential renovations are made to the stadium?

You should see the field now. I don't know how they are going to have it ready for A-Day. Goal post to seating, seating to 10 yard line is dug up about 5 feet deep. They are replacing the 8" terracotta pipe that runs underneath. Aaannnnddddd a lot of those seats in that endzone are gone.

You should see the field now. I don't know how they are going to have it ready for A-Day. Goal post to seating, seating to 10 yard line is dug up about 5 feet deep. They are replacing the 8" terracotta pipe that runs underneath. Aaannnnddddd a lot of those seats in that endzone are gone.

Pictures or it didn't happen

Pictures or it didn't happen

Just spoke with my guy, the field will be ready but the bleachers will not.

Archived