Jordan-Hare Stadium Renovation

logan adams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go back for yourself and see what Gus' record is during his 3 years at Auburn. His 10-3 record at Arkansas State means nothing to me because I'm not an ASU fan. I am an Auburn Tiger fan. So what he's done at as Auburn head coach is the only thing that matters.

Now now a4e you know better......good try

Go back for yourself and see what Gus' record is during his 3 years at Auburn. His 10-3 record at Arkansas State means nothing to me because I'm not an ASU fan. I am an Auburn Tiger fan. So what he's done at as Auburn head coach is the only thing that matters.

80c969c6692f01854b934706d1b951feb731e6512b5fb4cdcf18d83760962745.jpg

80c969c6692f01854b934706d1b951feb731e6512b5fb4cdcf18d83760962745.jpg

no! why?

• 1 month later...

I know that this really isn't a pressing issue, but does anyone know what's going on with the back of the Jumbotron? I'm aware that they play on putting up screens in the future, but you'd think that would at least make it look completed.

17 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I know that this really isn't a pressing issue, but does anyone know what's going on with the back of the Jumbotron? I'm aware that they play on putting up screens in the future, but you'd think that would at least make it look completed.

Apparently all plans are on hold for anything to do with JHS, including but not limited to the flip side of AubieTron.  The Administration tried to appease the fanbase with a giant scoreboard in an effort to quiet the masses in the wake of the dismal ending to the 2014 football season.  

I'm very glad we didn't pursue this.  Not that I wouldn't enjoy our stadium being nicer.  But, we just can't sustain it.  Can you imagine if we had had a good couple of years and then hit the bad streak after doing the construction?  

Right now, the athletic department is requiring all new season tickets inside the 20s- lower bowl- to be scholarship donors.  $3,000/ea.  The resale market doesn't top that figure, except in the Nelson Club.  I think there will be some back pedaling in the years to come. We weren't going to get thousands of people to commit to 2X ticket pricing to fund a new form of experience that would appeal primarily to the upper mass-affluent.  

• 2 weeks later...
On August 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM, PatBoCamRob said:

I'm very glad we didn't pursue this.  Not that I wouldn't enjoy our stadium being nicer.  But, we just can't sustain it.  Can you imagine if we had had a good couple of years and then hit the bad streak after doing the construction?  

Right now, the athletic department is requiring all new season tickets inside the 20s- lower bowl- to be scholarship donors.  $3,000/ea.  The resale market doesn't top that figure, except in the Nelson Club.  I think there will be some back pedaling in the years to come. We weren't going to get thousands of people to commit to 2X ticket pricing to fund a new form of experience that would appeal primarily to the upper mass-affluent.  

I'm the complete opposite. Build it, and they will come. Very frustrated that we have been teased with renovations for now a second time and nothing to come to fruition.

On 8/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, PatBoCamRob said:

Ouch. Just the new tickets sold or is JJ raising the price on everyone? 

18 minutes ago, logan adams said:

I'm the complete opposite. Build it, and they will come. Very frustrated that we have been teased with renovations for now a second time and nothing to come to fruition.

The money is/will be there to do the renovation. Just not with JJ leading the project. Money isn't a issue. Surprised, not really, that JJ is raising the prices like he is on the ticket inside the 20's. 

42 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Jordan-Hare-Players-Entrance.jpg

I get so tired of looking at that trash scoreboard every home game. It's a major eye-sore.

Yea it's pretty sad. Why would they not just throw the old screen up there, until they could figure out what they wanted to do? At this point, it's like they're keeping that stupid pos up there on purpose to troll us. Ha

1 hour ago, logan adams said:

Jordan-Hare-Players-Entrance.jpg

I get so tired of looking at that trash scoreboard every home game. It's a major eye-sore.

what scoreboard? )). All i see is a little rectangular faded posterboard-like image. lol.

I believe it was discussed there was no way to save the old scoreboard.  Something to do with the structure supporting it, etc.

I heard that they did install a larger scoreboard on that end but after seeing Aubietron it shrank.

;D

34 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I believe it was discussed there was no way to save the old scoreboard.  Something to do with the structure supporting it, etc.

Yeah, they pretty much can't put up a giant scoreboard or anything else there without doing work on the entire endzone. 

4 hours ago, logan adams said:

Yeah, they pretty much can't put up a giant scoreboard or anything else there without doing work on the entire endzone. 

The old score board could not be used because it was outdated and there were no replacement parts.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

The old score board could not be used because it was outdated and there were no replacement parts.

You mean they could not salvage the sound system at least? .....dang...what shame.

I'm still PO'd with the placement of the Aubietron.  First 10-20 rows infront of it have 0 view.  Either Jay was ok with a section of season ticket holders not being able to see their new investment or he and the architects didn't have the foresight to know that was a problem.  Who knows how'd they screw up the north endzone seats.

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I'm still PO'd with the placement of the Aubietron.  First 10-20 rows infront of it have 0 view.  Either Jay was ok with a section of season ticket holders not being able to see their new investment or he and the architects didn't have the foresight to know that was a problem.  Who knows how'd they screw up the north endzone seats.

While I understand the issue... where else were you going to put it?  The only you could put it somewhere where everyone could see it would be to fly it over the field or make the field, itself, a giant screen.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

While I understand the issue... where else were you going to put it?  The only you could put it somewhere where everyone could see it would be to fly it over the field or make the field, itself, a giant screen.

Now there's idea I support.

Just now, api1957 said:

Now there's idea I support.

We know the tech is there... they keep doing it for Olympic ceremonies and halftime shows :)

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

We know the tech is there... they keep doing it for Olympic ceremonies and halftime shows :)

628b747f8ccdfb757062f36a27eedecfc2295f51

21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

if they moved it back to where the old scoreboard sat then I think the resolution would be a lot better for those in the south end zone.  It actually overhangs the last two rows.  Good if it starts to rain I guess 

Archived