Men vs. Tennessee - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to rebound better it is all about putting a body on somebody. We don't block out. I am happy with the win but we had to shoot a super high 3PT percent and they had to shoot a super low 3pt percent because of rebounding and FT shooting for us to win.

Same as always, win short handed against a good team, hit free throws at end of game and folks still complaining. We are 1=0 in conference and this stuff continues. JMHO but I am proud of them. WDE guys.

Same as always, win short handed against a good team, hit free throws at end of game and folks still complaining. We are 1=0 in conference and this stuff continues. JMHO but I am proud of them. WDE guys.

Because this wasn't a talent thing, this was a fundamental thing. They went to the wire with the same poor approach rebounding and at the FT line. If UT gets remotely lukewarm from 3, they run away with it. You can't sugarcoat poor play with a win at home. If this were at UT, I'd be just fine with the performance. AU was dominated in most areas today. Thankfully UT was off from 3.

It's a "good" win in that it was a necessary win. Good for NIT hopes and good for a bit of confidence. All the problems are correctable, it's just that they are problems AU has had all year.

I watched the last ten minutes and I am happy for the win, but AU could have sealed the deal on this one with better defense and much better shooting from the FT line.

A good win....which is any win when you don't play particularly well.

Made some plays at the end and held the lead. AU has no depth and not much scoring punch..

It's going to be a hard season...we've seen enough already this year to know that's the case so no surprises and IMO, no need to pick the game apart 'cause it is probably going to be this way all year. I'm just happy to see us 1-0 in the SEC.

Canty is player

Brown is player

Beat a good UT team with 3 guys hurt (Lang now) and 1 (possibly best player) ineligible.

Patrick Kiem a pretty good little walk-on player. Gave us some valuable minutes. Kept us in it while Kareem got a blow. Very impressive by this team.

And yeah we shot a high 3 point percentage but we normally do anyways... Some teams are good at the three ball and utilize that as a lot of their offense, and that's us. Why does it matter how we won, we won! We beat a good team! Cheer up!

We have some keys injuries and of course one player's eligibility in flux.

If we had the whole team together, think we would have a good change this year at post season play. Right now, iffy.

But good win and WAR EAGLE!

Canty is player

Brown is player

Beat a good UT team with 3 guys hurt (Lang now) and 1 (possibly best player) ineligible.

Patrick Kiem a pretty good little walk-on player. Gave us some valuable minutes. Kept us in it while Kareem got a blow. Very impressive by this team.

And yeah we shot a high 3 point percentage but we normally do anyways... Some teams are good at the three ball and utilize that as a lot of their offense, and that's us. Why does it matter how we won, we won! We beat a good team! Cheer up!

Don't think anyone is bummed. Just hoping to see improve the in key areas. Good win. It was great to get that one. Meant a lot to Bruce I'm sure. Lots of good teams in the SEC this year so getting all the wins they can at home (yes, regardless of how well they play) is crucial if they want a shot at the NIT. Got to get 10 SEC regular season wins I think to have a shot at that.

Can we shoot free throws from the 3 point line?

Ha, well I don't think that's going to help the guys who primarily get to the FT line.

Attended the game today. Thought I'd give my input after seeing the team in person. This game didn't feel nearly as ugly in person as many of you watching on TV seem to describe it. They were by no means perfect and I would have liked to have seen them make all the FT's down the stretch but overall it felt like AU was in control the entire game.

One thing I noticed was we are a much better defensive team with Spencer on the floor and its not close. Seemed like every time he left the floor ut started attacking down low and making runs. When he was on the court there wasn't as many cheap baskets.

Canty is lethal and fun to watch obviously.

Enjoyed watching Keim play. He put in solid minutes, played aggressive and with great energy. Probably earned himself more minutes today.

Went to the game myself with my Best friend from Auburn and my Godson. My friend's first game back in Auburn since he graduated in 2000. Glad he got a nice welcome home win. Team looks pretty good. Bryce Brown is the best shooter we have had since Scotty Pohlman or Lance Weems. I can't wait to watch him grow. Felt like we played a little flat footed and slow on offense. However, that could have been by design to try to keep our short handed squad a little fresher and rested during the game. I can't remember the last time we had someone who wanted to attack the boards and the basket with authority like Horace Spencer. Dude gets up quickly and can hammer down a dunk in the likes of a young Chris Porter. Would love to see what this team at full strength would be like. Patrick Keim is a very pleasant surprise and a steal for us to get. State champion point guard at a great HS in Birmingham. Kid obviously loves Auburn and we are fortunate for that. He will prove invaluable while Taj can't play. Which may quite well be never again. Sad truth. New Williams looks a little confused and frustrated out there. Hope that subsides with experience and more PT. Tyler Harris is a welcome addition. He plays a bit out of control at times a la Cinmeon Bowers, but seems to get it done in crunch time. FT shooting will lose us more than one game if it doesn't get better. We will be a very tough opponent for everyone we play. The future is quite bright ahead of us. War Damn Eagle

Archived