Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

As a famous song said Those were the days.............for great concerts I was so lucky..when David was in a good mood he gave one hell of a concert

If this song doesn't get your foot tapping you have no pulse also turn it up those 40 year old Advent speakers

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AUDub said:

Reg from Reg's coffee house was still doing his thing last I checked, on a streaming station.

Yup. That dude is a Bham treasure. 

I didn't realize it but evidently he's known and connected in the music business. I'm not sure how, but I was told that by someone I believe. 

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. That dude is a Bham treasure. 

I didn't realize it but evidently he's known and connected in the music business. I'm not sure how, but I was told that by someone I believe. 

He's just so deeply tied to the industry. Broke a lot of artists in our market before they hit it big. Train and John Mayer are probably two of the biggest. He was on them when they were relative unknowns. 

• Like 1

Thought I'd share Dennis Parker this morning. Local Huntsville artist who has a story that should make anyone a fan. If you want to hear that story, I highly recommend listening to his album, Songs Under the Air Condition(ing) Unit. The tracks alternate between storytelling and music. 

Dennis is a supreme talent, and one of the most humble artists I've come across. He also does the best James Taylor cover I've ever heard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Thought I'd share Dennis Parker this morning. Local Huntsville artist who has a story that should make anyone a fan. If you want to hear that story, I highly recommend listening to his album, Songs Under the Air Condition(ing) Unit. The tracks alternate between storytelling and music. 

Dennis is a supreme talent, and one of the most humble artists I've come across. He also does the best James Taylor cover I've ever heard. 

That boy plays real pretty. Great guitar player and awesome voice. Nice arrangements, too. I never pick up lyrics on first or second run so I'll have to listen again but definitely a worthy share. 

• Like 1

Just realized I have not been in this thread since January. But got news my friend and coworker had a song ( he wrote years ago)recorded and published. Not bad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Stumbled across a Deathcore playlist that I blasted in my headphones while I cut grass the other day. What great music to cut grass to, I don’t expect anyone to appreciate or listen to this other than maybe @AUDub

So I actually get the music, but the vocals... honest question... are there actual lyrics or he just kind of using his voice as another instrument?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So I actually get the music, but the vocals... honest question... are there actual lyrics or he just kind of using his voice as another instrument?

Apparently😅

https://www.google.com/amp/s/genius.com/amp/Lorna-shore-to-the-hellfire-lyrics

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Stumbled across a Deathcore playlist that I blasted in my headphones while I cut grass the other day. What great music to cut grass to, I don’t expect anyone to appreciate or listen to this other than maybe @AUDub

They actually sound very much like an 80's Christian Band named Vengeance Rising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You know my whole life of loving music I've never been a lyrics guy.......Always loved instrumental and vocal harmony..........Have always felt I cheated myself in a way. 

Snowblind by Styx was the first song I actually listened to the lyrics back in the early 80's........Comming down from opiods in 2015 for back pain I really got the lyrics 👍

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You know my whole life of loving music I've never been a lyrics guy.......Always loved instrumental and vocal harmony..........Have always felt I cheated myself in a way. 

Snowblind by Styx was the first song I actually listened to the lyrics back in the early 80's........Comming down from opiods in 2015 for back pain I really got the lyrics 👍

Duuuuude, I'm the same way. I've mentioned it on here before. Often I'll eventually get around to the lyrics, but sometimes I never do. I was DEFINITELY that guy who didn't know what Born in the USA was really about, even though those lyrics are so plainly spoken and crystal clear. Just didn't pay attention at all. But sometimes I do really focus on them and just get blown away. 

I've got a friend who is a poet and he's taught me a lot about entendre, about not just writing words that have meaning but using specific words for effects like alliteration, arranging words in very specific ways... there's just so much to it. 

That's one thing that's so great about Jason Isbell and Drive-By Truckers for me. They make the art of really listening to the lyrics very easy for me. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

They actually sound very much like an 80's Christian Band named Vengeance Rising.

• Haha 1

I’ve been assaulting my hearing with these two pretty frequently the past couple days. It’s from their debut album. The break on the first one is mesmerizing. Even in my a little more advanced age, I still love these guys.

11 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’ve been assaulting my hearing with these two pretty frequently the past couple days. It’s from their debut album. The break on the first one is mesmerizing. Even in my a little more advanced age, I still love these guys.

Saw them at Sloss with Fear Factory and Chimaira. Just the perfect venue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Saw them at Sloss with Fear Factory and Chimaira. Just the perfect venue. 

Thought same as soon as you said "Sloss" lol. Was great for Tenacious D, too. You kinda feel like you're getting away with something at a show there. 

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

So true😂🤣.........However I would be lying if I didn't admit to being a huge Stryper fan not only as a teen but present day as well........I will go to my grave proclaiming Robert Sweet is the most underrated drummer in rock music......absolutely gets the most out his drum set without over doing it. As in SNL more cowbell over doing it 😂

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Duuuuude, I'm the same way. I've mentioned it on here before. Often I'll eventually get around to the lyrics, but sometimes I never do. I was DEFINITELY that guy who didn't know what Born in the USA was really about, even though those lyrics are so plainly spoken and crystal clear. Just didn't pay attention at all. But sometimes I do really focus on them and just get blown away. 

I've got a friend who is a poet and he's taught me a lot about entendre, about not just writing words that have meaning but using specific words for effects like alliteration, arranging words in very specific ways... there's just so much to it. 

That's one thing that's so great about Jason Isbell and Drive-By Truckers for me. They make the art of really listening to the lyrics very easy for me. 

Been a lyrics guy since I was a kid  don't know why just love great lyrics

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dude I have to tell you a music realated story.

During the early 80's as a young Catholic man, when everyone was a devil worshiper era, I purchased Black Sabbaths Live Evil, my favorite Sabbath album.......yes team Dio here😂

Heavily involved in Catholic school and church at the time........I was listening to the song Heaven and Hell, a rare lyric moment...........After playing over several times I tell myself I'm going to hell I walk to our driveway with the album and a lighter.  It was around 9pm and very dark and quiet.....could hear a pin drop.........I kneel down and said, Lord if this is of the devil give me a sign.........just as I uttered those words our dog come up from behind me and licked my neck.........nearly shat my pants😂🤣............I took my favorite album back inside claiming I needed more proof🤣........very true story.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Dude I have to tell you a music realated story.

During the early 80's as a young Catholic man, when everyone was a devil worshiper era, I purchased Black Sabbaths Live Evil, my favorite Sabbath album.......yes team Dio here😂

Heavily involved in Catholic school and church at the time........I was listening to the song Heaven and Hell, a rare lyric moment...........After playing over several times I tell myself I'm going to hell I walk to our driveway with the album and a lighter.  It was around 9pm and very dark and quiet.....could hear a pin drop.........I kneel down and said, Lord if this is of the devil give me a sign.........just as I uttered those words our dog come up from behind me and licked my neck.........nearly shat my pants😂🤣............I took my favorite album back inside claiming I needed more proof🤣........very true story.

HOLY CRAP THIS IS A GOOD STORY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1