Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

HOLY CRAP THIS IS A GOOD STORY

Remember it like it was yesterday.......current location of the keys to me Yukon not so much😂

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2021 at 9:46 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Stumbled across a Deathcore playlist that I blasted in my headphones while I cut grass the other day. What great music to cut grass to, I don’t expect anyone to appreciate or listen to this other than maybe @AUDub

Deathcore LOL. Must have been pissed off at that grass. 

You're probably not going to believe this, but I first heard this particular song on Jon Fishman's The Errant Path radio show. The man's playlist is...eclectic. 

Edited by AUDub

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Deathcore LOL. Must have been pissed off at that grass. 

You're probably not going to believe this, but I first heard this particular song on Jon Fishman's The Errant Path radio show. The man's playlist is...eclectic. 

I love Errant Path for that reason. He could play some weird, slow song from the 50s then turn around and play this next…

He’s a fan of all music, which I think is great. 

https://jambands.com/news/2019/09/07/phishs-jon-fishman-provided-voiceover-for-extreme-metal-band-cattle-decapitations-newest-album/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I love Errant Path for that reason. He could play some weird, slow song from the 50s then turn around and play this next…

He’s a fan of all music, which I think is great. 

https://jambands.com/news/2019/09/07/phishs-jon-fishman-provided-voiceover-for-extreme-metal-band-cattle-decapitations-newest-album/

Didn't know he'd contributed. That's interesting as hell. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was literally driving to Atlanta for a job interview with Fats Domino and Cattle Decapitation playing in my head. Talk about fired up lol. 

Naturally, I ******* killed it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, kevon67 said:

Dude I have to tell you a music realated story.

During the early 80's as a young Catholic man, when everyone was a devil worshiper era, I purchased Black Sabbaths Live Evil, my favorite Sabbath album.......yes team Dio here😂

Heavily involved in Catholic school and church at the time........I was listening to the song Heaven and Hell, a rare lyric moment...........After playing over several times I tell myself I'm going to hell I walk to our driveway with the album and a lighter.  It was around 9pm and very dark and quiet.....could hear a pin drop.........I kneel down and said, Lord if this is of the devil give me a sign.........just as I uttered those words our dog come up from behind me and licked my neck.........nearly shat my pants😂🤣............I took my favorite album back inside claiming I needed more proof🤣........very true story.

Great story! A friend of mine does a podcast about Black Sabbath called Sabbath Bloody Podcast. You should check it out. He started out as an Ozzy guy but became more of a Dio guy along the way. 

• Like 1

Ronny James Dio v Ozzy

image.gif.9422af28d1c8982ca141c7c2b7b99a4a.gif

War Pigs, Paranoid, Iron Man…etc. No comparison

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Ronny James Dio v Ozzy

image.gif.9422af28d1c8982ca141c7c2b7b99a4a.gif

War Pigs, Paranoid, Iron Man…etc. No comparison

If you don't know the lyrics to Holy Diver by heart, you're dead to me. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

If you don't know the lyrics to Holy Diver by heart, you're dead to me. 

I just don’t like the dudes voice/singing really. It’s like one of my friends really likes Iron Maiden but that screeching of a lead singer is terrible. 

Tenacious D - AKA “The Greatest Band in the World/On Earth” 😹😹😹 

Jack Black is awesome 

• Love 1

Holy crap, someone uploaded it to YouTube and the quality is decent after the first two minutes. I recommend skipping to 2:58 and listening closely...

Edited by McLoofus

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nice harmonica in this Jimmy song I know this song will not be for everyone being so old but give it a try.

This is the kind of really old I will always give a thumbs up to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This is the kind of really old I will always give a thumbs up to.

Us eto listen to this style of music while working on my Dad's farm. Great times

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, kevon67 said:

You know my whole life of loving music I've never been a lyrics guy.......Always loved instrumental and vocal harmony..........Have always felt I cheated myself in a way. 

Snowblind by Styx was the first song I actually listened to the lyrics back in the early 80's........Comming down from opiods in 2015 for back pain I really got the lyrics 👍

Loved Styx back in the day… and still. “Pieces of Eight” and Van Halen first album I absolutely wore that vinyl out listening to them so much.

My wife told me, after we married, that I was the first guy she ever went out with that actually listened to and thought about what lyrics meant, lol. Made me a brooding geek back then but helped me land the greatest woman ever so, there’s that

• Love 1

On 9/30/2021 at 3:22 PM, augolf1716 said:

As a famous song said Those were the days.............for great concerts I was so lucky..when David was in a good mood he gave one hell of a concert

If this song doesn't get your foot tapping you have no pulse also turn it up those 40 year old Advent speakers

One of the bands that played the frat house circuit my time in Auburn always had this song on their set list. Love it…

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:52 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

New crush: H.E.R. 😍

Dude. I just heard her relatively recently. Love her stuff. This is the one that hooked me:

Great version of this as a duet with Stapleton on an award show out there worth a look

Edited by fredst

9 hours ago, fredst said:

One of the bands that played the frat house circuit my time in Auburn always had this song on their set list. Love it…

Were you in a frat?

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Theta Chi here did you know Bill Dyas friend of mine who was a Sig Nu

Do not. I was at AU ‘84-‘88. Know a few people that weren’t my contemporaries but not lots

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

While unpacking boxes today (yes I’m still doing that in my new home) I came across a mint condition stub of the first concert I ever went to. The start of my love for live music. 

4063dmG.jpg

Damn, I loved TEB. Two great albums then….gone

On 10/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, AUDub said:

Saw them at Sloss with Fear Factory and Chimaira. Just the perfect venue. 

Crushed when I was not able to go to Rage Against The Machine at Sloss. Talk about perfect venue for a band….

• Like 1