Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Some of the best music that people never heard on the radio I have found this way either on TV shows or movies. 

Yeah more than once I've found myself looking up the artist and songs I heard on movies & TV shows.

19 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Yeah more than once I've found myself looking up the artist and songs I heard on movies & TV shows.

Back in the days before internet I would buy the movie on VHS just so I could stop and rewind especially for credits at the end of the movie so I could see artist/song. Then I would hit every record shop in town to find the one artist/song. sometimes it would take me years to find

• Like 2

Season 2 of Fargo was absolutely dripping with killer music. Plenty of familiar classic rock, but some of it was more unique, like this one:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I freaking love Ted Lasso. Haven’t seen the last episode yet, but so far this season has been great!

That song is awesome! It makes me realize that I haven’t paid much attention to the music on the show. 

Such a great, feel good show. I've taken notice of the songs they play during the credits multiple times. This was just one I immediately looked up. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Season 2 of Fargo was absolutely dripping with killer music. Plenty of familiar classic rock, but some of it was more unique, like this one:

Another fantastic show. Wasn't as big a fan of the most recent , Chris Rock season though.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Another fantastic show. Wasn't as big a fan of the most recent , Chris Rock season though.

I haven't watched. I heard bad things and I'm just really scared to hate one of my favorite entertainers acting in one of my favorite shows. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I haven't watched. I heard bad things and I'm just really scared to hate one of my favorite entertainers acting in one of my favorite shows. 

Yeah I didn't hate it, it just lacked a lot of what made the movie and first seasons so enjoyable. I wouldn't watch it either. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I didn't hate it, it just lacked a lot of what made the movie and first seasons so enjoyable. I wouldn't watch it either. 

It's wild how good TV actually has to be now. Over these last few years I have started so many series and quit before I got to a third episode. Many of them I quit before I finished the first episode. It's even worse if you go the other way with it, because I'll actually watch almost an entire season or even multiple seasons and then just quit. Buyers market in the extreme. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's wild how good TV actually has to be now. Over these last few years I have started so many series and quit before I got to a third episode. Many of them I quit before I finished the first episode. It's even worse if you go the other way with it, because I'll actually watch almost an entire season or even multiple seasons and then just quit. Buyers market in the extreme. 

100% 

Mrs. Barnacle has this thing about not stopping seasons mid way through. Plenty of shows I've had to endure recently. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

100% 

Mrs. Barnacle has this thing about not stopping seasons mid way through. Plenty of shows I've had to endure recently. 

I used to be like that. With books, too. Just don't have time for things that I'm not really into anymore. (Books are still harder to put down but I've done it.)

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I used to be like that. With books, too. Just don't have time for things that I'm not really into anymore. (Books are still harder to put down but I've done it.)

Man I put books down all the time. So many I've read halfway and forgotten about. Generally because I'm usually only reading what I want on trips. If I don't finish it, it's gonna be a while before I pick it up again. 

I really need to be better about reading at home. Waste far too much time on my phone. 

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I really need to be better about reading at home. Waste far too much time on my phone. 

Dude. FAR too much time. Not that I'll have trouble convincing anyone around here of that!

Sigh. My brain used to be capable of some fairly cool stuff. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It's not bad, but it's definitely not great. You're better off watching season 1 or 2 again.

I hate to say it, but Chris Rock was ... not good. He seemed out of place. I'm also a huge Andrew Bird fan and he was equally distracting. 

• Like 1

This is really a great version of Ghost Riders in the Sky.

To compare to the ones I grew up with I give you Burl Ives as you can tell I listen to just about anything. A little side note old Burl was a pretty good actor he could play a bad guy with the best of them

• Like 2

Mr Kitty different kind of guy....humm wonder what movie this could be from......:wub::wub:

The music from the 80's movies were some of the best and unusual but fit the movie so well. The times we would go to the movies in the 80's my wife would say are you watching but I was listening more then just watching the movie. 

I could make an entire thread on songs from movies of the 80.......never played on the radio

• Like 1

Ok this is our accountant favorite song believe it or not....conservative acctountant in Cumming GA.... I know I know its Nickleback but get over it.

Its really not a bad video where else would you see Wayne Gretzky and Gene Simmons....we all kniow we just want to big rock stars

• Like 1

Don't think I've posted this but "The Moody Blues" is my #1 favorite band. I've seen them at least 11 times in concert. they got me thru some tough times at Auburn. And of course the girls love them. Every album they released had a theme of some sort to it. Also the band has never broken up yea they did release individual albums but as a band they still recorded and still do

• Like 3

Need to add my favorite song by Moodys. A little note my nickname at Theta Chi was Moody hell even Shug called me Moody one time of course he has no idea who they were

• Like 3

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Mr Kitty different kind of guy....humm wonder what movie this could be from......:wub::wub:

The music from the 80's movies were some of the best and unusual but fit the movie so well. The times we would go to the movies in the 80's my wife would say are you watching but I was listening more then just watching the movie. 

I could make an entire thread on songs from movies of the 80.......never played on the radio

Is this from the 80s? Sounds like a song that could be made today.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Gotta love old MTV days still a good song a side note Aldo is his real first name

The helicopter made me think of my first concert, Metallica in '88 on the Justice tour. The intro to One was insane. Been chasing this dragon for 33 years. Nothing has come close. Honestly thought they might land a damn helicopter on stage. Just pop a hole in the roof of BJCC or something. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ok this is our accountant favorite song believe it or not....conservative acctountant in Cumming GA.... I know I know its Nickleback but get over it.

Its really not a bad video where else would you see Wayne Gretzky and Gene Simmons....we all kniow we just want to big rock stars

Don't care for the song, but you're right, they're not telling any lies. And that is a very fun video to watch, and not just for the hot chicks. But mainly for the hot chicks.

• Like 1