Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He definitely gives off a vibe….

I've heard him described as Clapton without the cool part at the beginning with Cream and Derek and the Dominos. That made sense to me. But, again, I know he's incredibly talented and people who know a lot more about music than me love him. 

• Haha 1

This video cracks me up. Chuck Berry's eyes popping out when Yoko starts shrieking. Then, a sound engineer becomes a hero ...

• Like 1

Where the hell is @McLoofus on this thread? I feel like I was promised some @McLoofushere. I even tagged him earlier, to no avail. Now I've tagged him twice in one post. 

Some more participation on this thread and I might even complain less on the main board!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Where the hell is @McLoofus on this thread? I feel like I was promised some @McLoofushere. I even tagged him earlier, to no avail. Now I've tagged him twice in one post. 

Some more participation on this thread and I might even complain less on the main board!

Sincere apologies and thanks. No good excuses. 

Best music listening experience lately was sitting on the porch at the lake Friday night after the kids went to bed. Asked Alexa to play Mississippi John Hurt while we drank bourbon. The man didn't disappoint for 90 minutes or so. Life felt simple for a spell. The influence on guys like Taj Mahal and John Hartford is very apparent. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sincere apologies and thanks. No good excuses. 

Best music listening experience lately was sitting on the porch at the lake Friday night after the kids went to bed. Asked Alexa to play Mississippi John Hurt while we drank bourbon. The man didn't disappoint for 90 minutes or so. Life felt simple for a spell. The influence on guys like Taj Mahal and John Hartford is very apparent. 

Haha, no worries. Just had to send out the McLoofus call. Everyone on this thread seems cool so it would be fun if it was more active. But, alas, the world does not revolve around me. Either way, @Tiger Refugeis holding down quite well. 

Bourbon and blues. Like peanut butter and jelly. 

• Love 2

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The influence on guys like Taj Mahal

Saw Taj in a small club in Ft. Lauderdale back in the 70's. One of my many favorite by him

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Saw Taj in a small club in Ft. Lauderdale back in the 70's. One of my many favorite by him

He's a gateway to so much. Truly an encyclopedia of African American roots music.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

He's a gateway to so much. Truly an encyclopedia of African American roots music.

Taj is easy to listen to plus the club was small and quiet which made it better. Back then Lauderdale use to have a lot of artists play at small cluds...like Leon Redbone, Taj, Leon Russell even Duane Allman. Sometimes they would just show up

• Like 3

RIP Dusty Hill. Gonna go put on my cheap sunglasses...here's where there were a lotta nice girls:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

RIP Dusty Hill. Gonna go put on my cheap sunglasses...here's where there were a lotta nice girls:

Hill served as ZZ Top's bassist for over 50 years.

RIP

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

As an 80s kid, I only learned just what killers these guys were later in life. Truly one of the most bad ass rock bands of the 70s. I was raised on the cheesy shtick of the 80s but they are for-real-tho Texas blues assassins. 

• Like 2

Humm someone suggested this in another thread playing air drums................by the way I love love Rush just wish I could have seen them more in concert

• Like 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As an 80s kid, I only learned just what killers these guys were later in life. Truly one of the most bad ass rock bands of the 70s. I was raised on the cheesy shtick of the 80s but they are for-real-tho Texas blues assassins. 

Another 80s kid here. I am ashamed to admit I thought they were a silly band until just a few years ago. Turns out they are bad as hell. Tres Hombres is 33 minutes of musical bliss. A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw.  

Rest in power, Dusty.

• Love 2

I just recently found out that Shawn Mendes self titled album is fantastic. I can listen to it from beginning to end. Can't say that about alot albums imo. 

Also this group from England is amazing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I just recently found out that Shawn Mendes self titled album is fantastic. I can listen to it from beginning to end. Can't say that about alot albums imo. 

Also this group from England is amazing. 

I bet they really struggle with the ladies. /s

Very, very cool. Love how the harmony vocals lay down a really layered and well arranged melody for whoever is taking the verse to sing on top of, but it doesn't remind me of any cheesy a cappella stuff where they're just singing sounds to mimic/replace instruments. 

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I bet they really struggle with the ladies. /s

Very, very cool. Love how the harmony vocals lay down a really layered and well arranged melody for whoever is taking the verse to sing on top of, but it doesn't remind me of any cheesy a cappella stuff where they're just singing sounds to mimic/replace instruments. 

Yes, I think they're awesome and they do a bunch of covers. I can't even pick out a favorite but I'll post one more that I love. 

Ok 3 but I'm done.....I think. If they sound this good just on the street they never have to worry about a live performance! My wife wrote a compliment to them on Instagram and one of them replied back to her.....so I was like ok we're done here!

Good stuff to sit back and vibe out with your partner. Some of their covers I like better than the original song!

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes, I think they're awesome and they do a bunch of covers. I can't even pick out a favorite but I'll post one more that I love. 

Ok 3 but I'm done.....I think. If they sound this good just on the street they never have to worry about a live performance! My wife wrote a compliment to them on Instagram and one of them replied back to her.....so I was like ok we're done here!

Good stuff to sit back and vibe out with your partner. Some of their covers I like better than the original song!

Too funny about the IG reply.

Yeah, no kidding. These guys are actually pretty brave to do all these videos under terrible recording conditions, although the first one you posted wasn't nearly as noise polluted. Scary to think what they can do in a studio.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Too funny about the IG reply.

Yeah, no kidding. These guys are actually pretty brave to do all these videos under terrible recording conditions, although the first one you posted wasn't nearly as noise polluted. Scary to think what they can do in a studio.

Here are two of their original songs. 

I don't know which but one of them produced and wrote the songs. I think they are solid songs. If I was their manager or whatever I'll put my money together and get either Drake or lil baby to do a feature and I think they'd take off from their. 

• Like 1

Keep your eye on Sierra Ferrell! Her first proper album comes out August 20th and the early releases are excellent. I expect she will be playing much larger venues soon. 

• Like 1

Man, just stumbled on this tonight, and can't wait to listen to the whole album. Credit to Ted Lasso, which if you haven't seen, I can't recommend highly enough. Anyway, I hope you enjoy:

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Man, just stumbled on this tonight, and can't wait to listen to the whole album. Credit to Ted Lasso, which if you haven't seen, I can't recommend highly enough. Anyway, I hope you enjoy:

I freaking love Ted Lasso. Haven’t seen the last episode yet, but so far this season has been great!

That song is awesome! It makes me realize that I haven’t paid much attention to the music on the show. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That song is awesome! It makes me realize that I haven’t paid much attention to the music on the show. 

Some of the best music that people never heard on the radio I have found this way either on TV shows or movies. 

• Like 2