Reason Cam Left the Press Conference

Proud Tiger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm standing with Cam on this one. It's his personality and he's been open about his disdain for losing and everyone knows how he takes it. I suspect he will learn a few things along the way that will endear him to post game pressers after a loss but like he said........no one should like losing. I hope he's able to step it up a notch and hopefully the Panthers will supply him with some better personnel along the way.

I'm with him, too! I would have walked out too, for fear I would punch the SOB in the mouth. I mean come on, it's one thing to be a sore loser, EVERYONE hates to lose, but when you can't win with some humility and instead continue to berate the other guy at the press conference, come on man, that is insanely unprofessional. It was absolutely ridiculous to have both teams at the same press conference.

So some folks are calling him a sore looser etc even fks on here. Did he not say that they were beat and said all the right things? So what people are really pi$$ed about is that he walked out after hearing crap in the background talking bad about him and reporters asking more stupid questions trying to trip him up. It would be great to follow around the people berating him with a mic and asking them stupid questions after they lost a sale etc. And see how fun that is

I find it hard to watch any of the NFL pre-game or post-game stuff as it's all pretty useless. That said ... ... it's really hard to dab & indicate 1st down when you're being harassed & strip sacked on the bulk of your pass attempts, and the rest of the time you're overthrowing receivers anyway. I get that he feels bad about playing like crap, losing the game, didn't want nothing to do with no dayyum interview, etc. That's fine. But hey. When did sulking, petulant, pre-teen behavior over a lost football game become acceptable? Does anyone remember Ben Obamanu's 2003 post-game interview after losing to Ole Miss when he dropped an easy TD pass in the end zone? He was just as devastated about losing, but did the presser with tears on his face and answered every question asked of him straight up -- even after the coaches told him he didn't have to do the interview at all. Obamanu insisted on doing it. I seem to remember a lot of talk about "class" back then and lot's of talk about him being "an Auburn man."

fOYv47x.jpg

You're not telling the whole story. Peyton met up with Sean Payton and Drew Brees and other saints players in the tunnel and congratulated them afterward. He also conducted his post game presser as professionally as always, even doing a separate 7 minute live TV interview with Sal Palantonio.

I am just gonna say the flat out obvious. If Cam was white, all the stupid sh#t that is brought up to bring him down would never have happened. this is the country that we live in, sadly. I also give a percentage of hate to bama fans and their mental problems and hatred of Auburn....

fOYv47x.jpg

You're not telling the whole story. Peyton met up with Sean Payton and Drew Brees and other saints players in the tunnel and congratulated them afterward. He also conducted his post game presser as professionally as always, even doing a separate 7 minute live TV interview with Sal Palantonio.

lol he still walked off the field and didn't congratulate the other team which they do after every NFL game, after being instructed to fix looking bad he met up with the saints personnel in the tunnel and give interviews, DUH. Good Lord Cam showed his respect for his opponent on the field, which matters, and after leading questions left a stupid press conference......at no point did he disrespect his opponent by not congratulating them, which is what sportsmanship is about, not granting time to some dumba$$$ reporter from espn

I am just gonna say the flat out obvious. If Cam was white, all the stupid sh#t that is brought up to bring him down would never have happened. this is the country that we live in, sadly. I also give a percentage of hate to bama fans and their mental problems and hatred of Auburn....

I was reluctant to admit this when it first started popping up during the season. But I can definitely see it as a driving force for some of his criticisms. This whole thing has been so far blown out of proportion, it's laughable at this point. No grown man or woman can seriously give this much of a s*** about a press conference.

Cam was a sore loser, but the amount of hate he's getting for it is way out of proportion. Listening to the radio here in Birmingham it's a 24/7 Cam hate fest. Peyton Manning likely just won his final game as a pro in the Super Bowl and I haven't heard two words about the guy. Every call in and every story results in a conversation about how poor Cam's character and integrity are. The guy didn't act disrespectful or even angry, he just calmly got up and walked out. I guess the Birmingham radio stations are just milking the Bama fans' hatred for cam for all it is worth.

Meanwhile Johnny Manziel beat up his girlfriend and threatened to kill her. Glad everyone's priorities are in order.

Manziel's career has been spiraling down for a while now. The media wants the polarizing media figure at the top. Another head scratcher would be Lesean McCoy.

Cam was a sore loser, but the amount of hate he's getting for it is way out of proportion. Listening to the radio here in Birmingham it's a 24/7 Cam hate fest. Peyton Manning likely just won his final game as a pro in the Super Bowl and I haven't heard two words about the guy. Every call in and every story results in a conversation about how poor Cam's character and integrity are. The guy didn't act disrespectful or even angry, he just calmly got up and walked out. I guess the Birmingham radio stations are just milking the Bama fans' hatred for cam for all it is worth.

You deserve what you get if you listen to that mess.

Meanwhile Johnny Manziel beat up his girlfriend and threatened to kill her. Glad everyone's priorities are in order.

Manziel's career has been spiraling down for a while now. The media wants the polarizing media figure at the top. Another head scratcher would be Lesean McCoy.

Indeed. For a while Cam was the poster boy of what NFL should be all about...having fun. Now he's being crucified after losing the biggest game of his life and showing the flip side of his personality. I still think he's justified in his actions, there's no changing my mind about his motives. Guy you just got beat by is trashing you and your team right next to you, and he's expected to take that crap? No one would put up with that.

And if I see another person who can't discern "loser" from "looser", I might jump out the window.

Disagree. The reaction is due to his personality, not his race. If Manziel or Tim Tebow would have made it to the SB, lost and walked out on the presser, do you really believe the reaction would be any less? I don't. He gets such a reaction because he is a polarizing figure...he has an attitude they is different than most people's in his position and that will always draw unwarranted criticism. This has ZERO to do with his race. ZERO.

fOYv47x.jpg

lol he still walked off the field and didn't congratulate the other team which they do after every NFL game, after being instructed to fix looking bad he met up with the saints personnel in the tunnel and give interviews, DUH. Good Lord Cam showed his respect for his opponent on the field, which matters, and after leading questions left a stupid press conference......at no point did he disrespect his opponent by not congratulating them, which is what sportsmanship is about, not granting time to some dumba$$$ reporter from espn

This one I agree with. That said, Cam could have prevented all this by simply pulling back the curtain to let the world see the classless idiot on the other side bad mouthing him loudly. I bet he wishes he had acted differently. Hard to judge someone after that big of a let down though. He is still in his mid 20s....He's allowed a learning curve.

Disagree. The reaction is due to his personality, not his race. If Manziel or Tim Tebow would have made it to the SB, lost and walked out on the presser, do you really believe the reaction would be any less? I don't. He gets such a reaction because he is a polarizing figure...he has an attitude they is different than most people's in his position and that will always draw unwarranted criticism. This has ZERO to do with his race. ZERO.

From a social media standpoint everyone is comparing Cam to McNabb and Wilson. Why? Because they're black. And I won't even get into the trash I have read on Twitter. Gronkowski is as flamboyant and frat boyish as they come, but I never see anyone bringing his character into question. He gave a female news reporter a lap dance just last week. "Oh well, just Gronk doing Gronk things".

I just have a hard time believing that the social media aspect hasn't been brought into the sports media angle too. They're buzzards, and if it plays into the hands of the bigots, that might also help push that agenda as well if it'll help them sell a story and get some clicks.

Indeed. For a while Cam was the poster boy of what NFL should be all about...having fun. Now he's being crucified after losing the biggest game of his life and showing the flip side of his personality. I still think he's justified in his actions, there's no changing my mind about his motives. Guy you just got beat by is trashing you and your team right next to you, and he's expected to take that crap? No one would put up with that.

And if I see another person who can't discern "loser" from "looser", I might jump out the window.

I totally agree. I've seen worst that had already been let go by now. The thing with Cam is that he had already rubbed a lot of people wrong before the incident. So some people pleasure themselves to the thought of Cam screwing up. Like the schadenfreude is really going to make them feel better afterwards.

I totally agree. I've seen worst that had already been let go by now. The thing with Cam is that he had already rubbed a lot of people wrong before the incident. So some people pleasure themselves to the thought of Cam screwing up. Like the shadenfreude is really going to make them feel better afterwards.

Then you remind them that until this season, it had been 30 years since the last time a bammer QB started in a game. And that the same QB tucked tail and ran off the field last time we beat them.

Because really, that's the main group of people relishing in this.

McElroy chiming in on this was great too btw. "Retired QB".

LOL-GIF_1.gif?gs=a

I just flew back in from a business trip from Houston.....radio stations bashing Cam on every station there too. Do the bammers own radio stations in Houston/Galveston/League City too?

The bammer media started the Cam hatred in 2010. Then it continued to build as he continued to do well in his pro career. The hatred just spiralled out of control this year because the Panthers were winning. I also think race is part of it.... and it just makes all of it even more sickening.

The bammer media started the Cam hatred in 2010. Then it continued to build as he continued to do well in his pro career. The hatred just spiralled out of control this year because the Panthers were winning. I also think race is part of it.... and it just makes all of it even more sickening.

Yep....especially for bammers. Cam isn't transforming into the "prototypical" cookie cutter QB....and he must pay for it. The turds have no life if they can't hate on someone.

The National media gave Cam all the attention and all the headlines and spotlight he craved the entire season. Cam wanted that attention, he danced, had fun, dabbed for 5 months. Too bad the cameras were still rolling in the aftermath of the SB. Sports talk radio hosts were running him over the coals today while I was in Houston. I guess those mean old bammers have infiltrated Texas with their anti Cam propaganda?

i wonder if Gus uses this in a recruiting pitch

"With my help, I can have you in the headlines every day...and after the season ends. Just come here and make the bammers made at you"

I just can't wrap my head around the outrage at the message they say Cam sent to kids with his behavior (when few kids were still watching) but they seem perfectly fine with the message Peyton sent to kids about drinking lots and lots of Budweiser (when a lot of kids were still watching). Kind of makes you wonder, are they liars or hypocrites?

I just can't wrap my head around the outrage at the message they say Cam sent to kids with his behavior (when few kids were still watching) but they seem perfectly fine with the message Peyton sent to kids about drinking lots and lots of Budweiser (when a lot of kids were still watching). Kind of makes you wonder, are they liars or hypocrites?

There is nothing dishonest or hypocritical about believing that it's okay for a man to drink beer but it's not okay for a man to show negative emotion after losing.

Archived