Reason Cam Left the Press Conference

Proud Tiger

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's obvious there's a generational gap when it comes to how people view Cam.

"Well, there's no question, Shocks..."

Yes indeed. Since I'm called Shugman you know where I fall. Ties not sandels in church, keep your kids quiet, walk softly and carry a big stick. I would want to act in a manner that made Shug proud. I am what I am.

Times Change.

What the young people don't get is that in 40 years whatever their kids and grand kids are doing will piss them off.

It's still fun to argue during a pointless, basketball only time of year. I also want to add that the best thing I have seen out of the NFL in many years are the faces of those kids when a Panther gives them a ball and that also is in Cam's lap. I do thank him for that.

On a different note - and completely off topic - congratulations to the folks at LIGO and Albert Einstein for the just released proof of gravitational waves. Those people can dance and prance cause they have been after that for about 100 years. Wonder if there are some Auburn Engineers involved?

Thanks of countering the facts with your opinion.

I countered your opinion (I didn't respond to the few actual facts that you stated) primarily with documented observations... but hold your ground if you like.

And... for the record, I'm in my 40s, so the generational gap on how one feels about Cam is not so great. I think it's refreshing to have an extremely talented football player that has fun playing the game, doesn't fake reverence for the sporting media who I think is held in far to high regard, and in his off time does good things for people instead of getting arrested or running around living the high life, oblivious to those around him.

I think it is very unreasonable to think that Cam should behave like Dick Butkus or to conform his behavior to certain coaches.

Thanks of countering the facts with your opinion.

I countered your opinion (I didn't respond to the few actual facts that you stated) primarily with documented observations... but hold your ground if you like.

And... for the record, I'm in my 40s, so the generational gap on how one feels about Cam is not so great. I think it's refreshing to have an extremely talented football player that has fun playing the game, doesn't fake reverence for the sporting media who I think is held in far to high regard, and in his off time does good things for people instead of getting arrested or running around living the high life, oblivious to those around him.

Well we'll just sit on different sides of the fence on this one. Be interesting to see the documentation that the media has it out for Cam. Be interesting to see if any of these views change if Cam had gone to Alabama instead of Auburn. Congratulations on making it to your 40's and I'm glad you are refreshed.

I just can't wrap my head around the outrage at the message they say Cam sent to kids with his behavior (when few kids were still watching) but they seem perfectly fine with the message Peyton sent to kids about drinking lots and lots of Budweiser (when a lot of kids were still watching). Kind of makes you wonder, are they liars or hypocrites?

There is nothing dishonest or hypocritical about believing that it's okay for a man to drink beer but it's not okay for a man to show negative emotion after losing.

It is ok for a man to drink beer, but saying Budweiser is a good beer is dishonest (in fact it barely qualifies as a beer). Come to think of it, if I drank that, I'd assume I'd lost, and I couldn't help but show a "negative emotion".

By the way, the reason old fivehead Manning mentioned that fizzy yellow swill (twice) in his postgame interview is because he owns a good portion of a couple of Bud Distributors in Louisiana. And while it is illegal for anyone to be paid to endorse any alcoholic product, he figured out a way to pay himself by saying it, at least indirectly (one source estimated the value of those two shameless plugs to be worth $13.6MM). It was legal by the letter of the law, but certainly not the intent. Where's the outrage over this?

Oh well, it's just another desperate move by a dying, foreign-owned brand, with poor products, poorer plans for long term growth, health, profitability, and sustainability, refusing to accept changing (read improving) tastes and trends as they circle the drain. True craft beer is the HUNH, and Bud is the wee coach of West Vance.

But I digress... :cheers:

Come on over. We've been waiting for you.

http://www.aufamily..../page__st__1300

PBR!

(tee time?)

I just can't wrap my head around the outrage at the message they say Cam sent to kids with his behavior (when few kids were still watching) but they seem perfectly fine with the message Peyton sent to kids about drinking lots and lots of Budweiser (when a lot of kids were still watching). Kind of makes you wonder, are they liars or hypocrites?

There is nothing dishonest or hypocritical about believing that it's okay for a man to drink beer but it's not okay for a man to show negative emotion after losing.

It is ok for a man to drink beer, but saying Budweiser is a good beer is dishonest (in fact it barely qualifies as a beer). Come to think of it, if I drank that, I'd assume I'd lost, and I couldn't help but show a "negative emotion".

By the way, the reason old fivehead Manning mentioned that fizzy yellow swill (twice) in his postgame interview is because he owns a good portion of a couple of Bud Distributors in Louisiana. And while it is illegal for anyone to be paid to endorse any alcoholic product, he figured out a way to pay himself by saying it, at least indirectly (one source estimated the value of those two shameless plugs to be worth $13.6MM). It was legal by the letter of the law, but certainly not the intent. Where's the outrage over this?

Oh well, it's just another desperate move by a dying, foreign-owned brand, with poor products, poorer plans for long term growth, health, profitability, and sustainability, refusing to accept changing (read improving) tastes and trends as they circle the drain. True craft beer is the HUNH, and Bud is the wee coach of West Vance.

But I digress... :cheers:/>

Come on over. We've been waiting for you.

Much obliged. I've been around since the AE days, and while I spend anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours a day "lurking", (I get a pretty serious Jones around signing day, spring training, A-day, opening day, etc.) I generally do not post often. Generally speaking, this is quite refreshing for me, as I have to spend a great deal of time speaking for my job, and it is refreshing to be able to be silent, and "listen", learn, and observe. That being said, you'll likely see a few more post for me on that topic.

WDE

I have to spend a great deal of time speaking for my job, and it is refreshing to be able to be silent, and "listen", learn, and observe.

I am the exact opposite, much to our fellow members' chagrin. Cheers and WDE

I have to spend a great deal of time speaking for my job, and it is refreshing to be able to be silent, and "listen", learn, and observe.

I am the exact opposite, much to our fellow members' chagrin. Cheers and WDE

To say I compliment people sparingly would be a conservative understatement (perhaps I am a bit of a misanthrope, then again maybe I just have higher expectations of humanity than I encounter and it frustrates and saddens me). That said, I appreciate much of what you have to say, and would prefer you (and Shocks, if I'm being aboveboard) continue to post. So thanks, and I'm going to go wipe my nose now; something smells.

Edit: I suppose it helps I've gathered you share my pet peeve for poor spelling and grammar.

Cam Newton used Auburn to transition to the NFL. Auburn used Cam to win a national championship. Done. Cam is catching hell because he acts like a jackass on the field when he is winning and a spoiled kid when he does not. I like watching him play - when he is not acting like a jackass. I'm glad he came back and got his degree, I like when he gives a kid the football, but my definition of an NFL player is Dick Butkus and he never danced and pranced. Cam set this thing up and now he gets to manage it.

And as far as race - Cam brought that into play also.

Yeah good luck with that.

No luck required. Facts will do.

But your entire post was a bunch of opinions....

Some yes and some no.

It is a fact that football is a team sport and my opinion that when one of the eleven players necessary to succeed dances and prances he is acting like a jackass.

Other facts:

Unsolicited Cam said he scares people because they have have never seen anything like him and one of the primary reason he listed was his color.

Other players in the NFL tire of his antics and take special pleasure in defeating him.

Many fans tire of his antics and take special pleasure and seeing him defeated.

Cam could have come out after the game and given three standard QB cliches and most of this would have been avoided.

Dick Butkus is the the greatest football player ever.

My inherent Auburness does not dictate that I agree with, worship or defend anyone who wore the colors.

This forum is 90 percent opinion.

Just the facts Mam. (reference for older people)

Well I know the forum is mostly opinion, you're the one who brought up the facts stuff. I think Lawrence Taylor was better than butkus. People always take pleasure in beating the best. Main thing about cam is you have a problem with him because he doesn't do what YOU feel like he should do. Point cam tries to make is he's his own person and he's comfortable being himself and doing it his way. If you haven't walked in his shoes and experienced his experiences you can't say what he should feel

I think it's obvious there's a generational gap when it comes to how people view Cam.

Yes and no I'm older then most and I have a zero negative view of Cam. He is still young and just needs more life experiences in handling stressful situations. Like interviewing after losing the SB

Archived