2017 4* DE Ryan Johnson

WarDamnEagleWDE

3 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I have no words at the moment.  I know the world's not ending, but right now I have no words.  Wow.

I'd be upset if we lost out to an equal, but Stanford isn't. They are as elite as the come academically. I can't fault him at all. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I have no words at the moment.  I know the world's not ending, but right now I have no words.  Wow.

We got beat by Stanford. Should not be a wow. When they want somebody it happens. When kids go through all their red tape for admissions process and get accepted like Ryan did, then 95% of the time the kid goes to Stanford. We were in trouble here the minute Stanford admitted him to the school last Friday.

I wish him all the best.   We will recruit a guy that wants to be an Auburn man and play for championships.

Our record landing kids who grow up Auburn "fans" takes another L. This  recruiting season is taking its toll on me. We missed on my 2 favorite defensive recruits in CJ Avery and Ryan Johnson after we felt good at times for both.  I am ready for this class to be over. We are about to miss on every big time recruit down the stretch besides Stidham. I said at the time as long as we get sitdham I would not care who we get down the stretch. Well dang! that is being put to the test now. We have to rectify this problem on the field. Only way we can overcome the negative recruiting and lack of momentum for the program once and for all. War eagle! Bring on Stidham and 10 plus wins!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Our record landing kids who grow up Auburn "fans" takes another L. This  recruiting season is taking its toll on me. We missed on my 2 favorite defensive recruits in CJ Avery and Ryan Johnson after we felt good at times for both.  I am ready for this class to be over. We are about to miss on every big time recruit down the stretch besides Stidham. I said at the time as long as we get sitdham I would not care who we get down the stretch. Well dang! that is being put to the test now. We have to rectify this problem on the field. Only way we can overcome the negative recruiting and lack of momentum for the program once and for all. War eagle! Bring on Stidham and 10 plus wins!

Dude we have like the best LB and OLine class in years. I also think we have 4 good DB's, the best RB we have committed in a long time (Barrett) and a damn good WR in Iggy. We are ok.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

65932600.jpg

The only silver lining here is if the team can do what it's capable of next season then there would be more spots for better talent and momentum to get them. Gotta win at least 10 though IMO to make that silver lining work.

10 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Dude we have like the best LB and OLine class in years. I also think we have 4 good DB's, the best RB we have committed in a long time (Barrett) and a damn good WR in Iggy. We are ok.

The OL & LB classes are good but not best in the nation.

17 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I agree with all of what you said minus some hyperbole lol besides the DBs we have committed. its nice to have kids who love Auburn so much but lets be realistic the DBs we have committed I would be shocked if more than 1 or 2 turn in to impact players for us. People are severely underrating barrett. I think he is gonna be legendary for us. IDK why he is not getting more love. Listen yes all of what you said for the most part is true but we had 5 spots to fill and probaly will not land 1 more high profile player. lets face it we whiffed down the stretch. Is it not ok to love this class but also admit we choked down the stretch? War eagle anyways.

The thing I hate the most is this is the most active group of Auburn commits I have seen on twitter and our coaches wasted all the love they gave the recruits who committed elsewhere. Anytime a guy was about to announce and gave their announcement time they were all over them recruiting them aggressively. I love seeing that. I hate their efforts did not pay off more lately. One of my favorite group of Auburn tigers. very close knit group. They all genuinely love Auburn and seem like fine Auburn men.

11 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Pretty sure I didn't say that did I???  

That's how it read to me or other wise I would not have posted what I did. We've had very good OL classes in recent years that also had more than 3 in it. The LB class is good but the 2015 LB class was easily better on paper using rankings. We signed 5 then with all of them being 4*s.

4 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

So the all great recruiter CWM was wrong about these 4 DB's ? I don't think so. Leonard is gonna be All SEC soon. U heard it here first. 

lol I will hold you to it I hope you are right it would be a huge suprise. we would of got avery and hunter if crime dawg did not leave. That really is the thing that  most messed up our class.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's how it read to me or other wise I would not have posted what I did. We've had very good OL classes in recent years that also had more than 3 in it. The LB class is good but the 2015 LB class was easily better on paper using rankings. We signed 5 then with all of them being 4*s.

I didn't say best this year or ever just one of the best in years. Which it is, and people dislike the DB recruitment but all they do is brag on CWM. So did he not recruit good players? Those 4 guys will be fine. To be honest Askew and Gonzalez are the 2 I'm iffy about but Peters and Leonard are baller's imo.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I will hold you to it I hope you are right it would be a huge suprise. we would of got avery and hunter if crime dawg did not leave. That really is the thing that  most messed up our class.

Coach RG is the only guy I seen as Failed this season. Think everyone else done fine job.

Sad thing is we always do good with Big Cat weekend guys from May, but this year. We bombed. Ignot, Johnson, Benton, McKitty, Ausbon and seems like im missing some. E still no chance on LB Patterson? Wish we had offered

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Sad thing is we always do good with Big Cat weekend guys from May, but this year. We bombed. Ignot, Johnson, Benton, McKitty, Ausbon and seems like im missing some. E still no chance on LB Patterson? Wish we had offered

and our big OV weekend at the end of the cycle which for us was the january 20th weekend. yes only johnson and taylor were there out of the big dawgs but we will bomb on those 2.

Yall smell that?  Thats Garner seemingly barely doing his job this recruiting season.

What makes this more painful is the fact that we could have had MJ Webb, but we were told that the coaches saw Webb as the exact same player as Ryan Johnson. So we elected to wait for Johnson....

Can't blame the kid. Clearly his education is a big thing for him. I am not saying Auburn isn't a great institution (I have an engineering degree from Auburn) but Stanford is in a different league. Wish him the best. Clearly has a good head on his shoulders.

Sugar coat it however, Stanford blah, blah, blah....This is an in-state player that we needed to fill a yawning gap in this year's class. It's a major loss.

I hate Stanford anyway. 1967 baseball College World Series.... back in those days the CWS used the rules of major league baseball. So in the 6th inning Stanford is ahead by one run, Auburn has the bases loaded with the meat of the order up and it starts to rain. And it rains. After a bit the umps call the game and Stanford wins.

1989 Women's NCAA championship game (the final TWO!) The first year of the 3-point shot. Auburn has by far the best players. Stanford has a team of 6 foot spot shooters. So they pass the ball around the arc and shoot three pointers all day and win.

I HATE STANFORD!

1 hour ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Yall smell that?  Thats Garner seemingly barely doing his job this recruiting season.

This was a piss poor DL crop anyways(compared to previous years). Garner definitely DID NOT take this recruiting cycle off....

Archived