2017 4* DE Ryan Johnson

WarDamnEagleWDE

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nervous

hopefully he will be our Avery Young and save the day! *fingers crossed* knock on wood!

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm going to be honest... if it weren't for the fact that I didn't pass the economic standards of Stanford's admission process (something the federal government made them drop 2 years after I was "deferred"), I'd be on a Stanford football forum right now instead of an Auburn forum. Stanford is borderline Ivy League education in California, and now they are perennial contenders in the PAC 10. That's hard to pass up if it's offered to you no matter how late they come into the game.

Auburn can't compete on education, they can't compete on weather, they can't compete on access to beaches and girls dressed for said weather and beaches... it's a pretty easy sell. The ONLY thing Auburn has on Stanford is that we are a better football program in the SEC... but you can still get into the league from Stanford. 

I do not agree with a lot of this note. I lived in Menlo Park, CA. Just one town away from Palo Alto where Stanford is.

1. Stanford is not borderline Ivy league. It is right there with almost all Ivy league schools and ranked higher than some.

2. The weather is close to perfect in this area with only about 20 inches of rain a year. Houses don't typically need air conditioning either as it rarely gets that hot.

3. The beaches are complete crap in Northern California. The water is freezing. You have to wear a full wet suit to get in. It is also very rough.

4. The girls at AU are better than the girls at Stanford, not ever close.

5. It is extremely expensive to live in this area. A house in the Auburn area that may cost $250,000 would easily cost between $1M and $2M in Palo Alto.

6. No matter what a few of you said, Stanford is a very liberal school, esp compared to AU.

7. Auburn can't compete with Stanford when it comes to cost of education either. 4 years at Stanford would cost in the neighborhood of $300K right now.

8. There are lots of things AU has over Stanford, including girls, proximity to home, excellent education for the money, cost of living. I could go on and on.

7 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I do not agree with a lot of this note. I lived in Menlo Park, CA. Just one town away from Palo Alto where Stanford is.

1. Stanford is not borderline Ivy league. It is right there with almost all Ivy league schools and ranked higher than some.

2. The weather is close to perfect in this area with only about 20 inches of rain a year. Houses don't typically need air conditioning either as it rarely gets that hot.

3. The beaches are complete crap in Northern California. The water is freezing. You have to wear a full wet suit to get in. It is also very rough.

5. It is extremely expensive to live in this area. A house in the Auburn area that may cost $250,000 would easily cost between $1M and $2M in Palo Alto.

6. No matter what a few of you said, Stanford is a very liberal school, esp compared to AU.

7. Auburn can't compete with Stanford when it comes to cost of education either. 4 years at Stanford would cost in the neighborhood of $300K right now.

8. There are lots of things AU has over Stanford, including girls, proximity to home, excellent education for the money, cost of living. I could go on and on.

MR. NAIL MEET MR. HAMMER... we have a winner

16 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Most important thing imo

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

humm

Sorry, not sure what this means. 

I saw the link on the last page that says he's committing tonight but haven't seen anything since.  Is there a link or live streaming?

Well we must be feeling good about someone cause we have like 6 spots open and have told 3 or 4 guys we dont have room.

18 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Anybody know what time the announcement is?

No certain time. He will just tweet it out today or tomorrow when he is ready.

5 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Well we must be feeling good about someone cause we have like 6 spots open and have told 3 or 4 guys we dont have room.

Didn't tell them we don't have room. It just looks like the staff is not going to reach on guys they aren't truly high on and save some spots for grad transfers or the 2018 class.

And we have 5 spots left. Apparently Tashawn Manning will count in this class too.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

I don't understand how we can "save" additional spots for next year when the limit every year is 25.

Early enrolees can count back against the previous year. Example: If we enroll 23 this time, we can enroll two more in January that can count back against this year. Same numbers, if we enroll seven early guys next year, two would count back on this year and the other five would count on 2018.

2 minutes ago, AUtigers2324 said:

Well that sucks. Maybe we'll get Bryant...

Look for the staff to possibly offer Truesdell now.

Archived