Need help with my marching orders please.

The Plainsman

1- Muschamp gone- Not completely pissed at Gus?

2- T-Rob not promoted or retained- Fire CGM?

3- Thompson not offered DC position and gone- Fire CGM and JJ??

4- Hired Steele- Meh feeling? No Opinion. Got a long timer...

5- Hired under experienced T-Will- Awesome Job CGM??

6- Does not offer quality Control guy to on field position to coach DB's- Gus is getting completed raided by Muschamp. Fire CGM??

7- Hires Crime Dog!! Wow give CGM two years to work this through??

8- "Loses" Grimes- holy heck... Fire CGM?

9- Immediately hires Hand... Give CGM a raise?

10- Loses DC- Fire CGM and JJ... CDC for president?

11- Immediately hires under experienced Kodi Burns- Fire CGM and JJ and CKB?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me, but

I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole.

Lol. I just want to make sure because we seem to have some inconsistencies from our insiders and how we are to react or respond or feel...whether it be former player/coaches coming or going or the experience level vs little to no experience of the coaches..I want to make sure My personal feelings are aligned to those that really know... So I can be a real fan.

They are building a new roller coaster at Six Flags, it's called "Auburn Fast". True story, no link.

6- Does not offer quality Control guy to on field position to coach DB's- Gus is getting completed raided by Muschamp. Fire CGM??

you left out the calls to fire Rodney Garner. Who ironically is a legacy coach known more for his recruiting success. We have some belligerent lads among us.

They are building a new roller coaster at Six Flags, it's called "Auburn Fast". True story, no link.

There's been an incident....

colossus-coaster-fire_wong.jpg?quality=75&strip=color&w=1100

If Malzahn turns out another 6-6, 7-5 or even 8-4 record he'll be gone anyway. And should that happen, then Jacobs should also be fired.

I tend to agree with 6-6, but 8-4 and I think things are back on track... And moving forward with little coaching turnover after 2016.

you left out the calls to fire Rodney Garner. Who ironically is a legacy coach known more for his recruiting success. We have some belligerent lads among us.

Good point, Also the quality control coach from South Carolina who went back home... Which means we now have no shot at his son.

Thumbs up on this post.

Agree totally with CGM CRL and JJ being gone. So tired of all the soap opera going on down on the plains. I do not know of another SEC school that goes through this year after year.

My problem with Gus is I see no bright spots. Not saying that any of the hires are not good but just trying to understand why we are at this point. First, while most think Muschamp and and his traveling assistants, was a good hire, in hindsight I think not. Judging by the fact there was no buy out clause at the end of one year, Gus pretty much new that the upheaval at defense coaching, would be repeated again this year. That is not good for a team that has had so many coaches changes in the past few years. I know that Grimes most likely made a move for his benefit, I feel like Gus is not looking forward to improving things. I do agree that Lashee has become a big burden on him and he should be man enough to step up and make the change. I do think he asked Rhett to look around this year but there will not be many takers with his resume. He allowed his friendship to affect his job. I do think the move with Hand was made with the premise that Hand will be the OC maybe just in the background this year but, next year he will be official. I think this is probably why Craig went to LSU rather than Rhett staying. He was hoping to get Rhett's job next year. My fear is so much change will cause the team to totally give up much like the 2012 team. I hope I am wrong but right now I would not bet against a repeat of 2012 this year. WDE

Agree totally with CGM CRL and JJ being gone. So tired of all the soap opera going on down on the plains. I do not know of another SEC school that goes through this year after year.

Correct... No other program shoots themselves in the foot quite like AU. When it's good, it's really good! Unfortunately, there's been more bad than good lately...

Gus is not good for AU moving forward. Jay Jacobs loves Auburn, but he's not a very good business man. He's just not a very good athletic director. As long as he's here, we will keep making bad hires... especially at football. He's gotten some BAD advice.

Correct... No other program shoots themselves in the foot quite like AU. When it's good, it's really good! Unfortunately, there's been more bad than good lately...

Gus is not good for AU moving forward. Jay Jacobs loves Auburn, but he's not a very good business man. He's just not a very good athletic director. As long as he's here, we will keep making bad hires... especially at football. He's gotten some BAD advice.

Stepping outside the "program,"and

retreating to my Family:

Dad always told me that coffee is like sex.

When it's good, it's really good, and

when it's bad,

it's still pretty good.

Gotta admit, however,

this bus is a ride.

Well, I suggest you start raising money to pay the buyouts. How much of that are you willing to fork over yourselves?

Well, I suggest you start raising money to pay the buyouts. How much of that are you willing to fork over yourselves?

LOL, why should any poster on here fork over anything for buyouts when Jay Jacobs is the fool that put them in those contracts.

wde

I don't give a rat's butt crack where our coaches went to college honestly. I want proven, in any capacity, coaches up and down our staff. There's no excuse for Auburn - a traditional SEC West power with 2 SEC championships in the last 5 years along with a national title (and almost another!), consistent top recruiting classes, and a recent Heisman winner - to be in the situation we are in with multiple inexperienced and underqualified coaches on both sides of the ball. This looks terrible from a national standpoint. We are one of the top football programs in the country. One of the few teams recruits remember us as national champions. We have a JV coaching staff in comparison to our SEC counterparts. We are a place where top position coaches should be trying to come because of who Auburn is and what Auburn has accomplished in the recent past. But instead we are taking chances on guys who will need to grow to become good at their jobs. Sheesh. This thing doesn't look too promising to stay above water for too long if you're asking me. Just my opinion. I will happily eat crow if Gus proves me wrong. But if I'm other SEC schools I'm preaching to recruits parents that theres no way you should send your son to Auburn because look who will be coaching them. No track record.

LOL, why should any poster on here fork over anything for buyouts when Jay Jacobs is the fool that put them in those contracts. Since you are a lemming, you should be giving to the buyout fund.

wde

12 Fails to hire Kevin Greene as a coach. HOF player. Super bowl ring as a coach. Auburn legend.

Right! Forgot about that one, How am I supposed to feel about that one too?

It appears he didnt want to hire a coach with better creditials than most of his staff. Must of figured Kg would be a PD spy.

When your ship is sinking you've got to surround yourself with loyal supporters who will have your back. Not sure where KG stands w/ Gus.

And let's get real folks, KG was not a HOFer when Gus was filling out his staff.

I think he's made some good hires over the past couple of years, with the exception of Galloway which nobody saw that implosion coming. Plus he's gotten us a big scoreboard. It's not up to him to appease a wide receivers coach who wanted more of the spotlight than what he was currently getting.

Archived