2017 4* Juco DE Isaiah Buggs (Bama 12/13/16)

aucanucktiger

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

2 AU  recruiting reporters say those stats are stretched to say the least. They went to two separate games and saw the stats his school credit him with in those games and said they weren't even remotely correct for what it's worth. They said he did not make an impact at all in either game they went to.

That only makes things worse.   Those aren't the stats of an elite DE.

2 hours ago, im4au said:

That only makes things worse.   Those aren't the stats of an elite DE.

We are recruiting him at defensive tackle now I think.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are recruiting him at defensive tackle now I think.

That makes sense.  His reported weight is up from 265 lbs on his hudl highlights to 290 lbs at MGCCC. 

• 1 month later...

According to this article we are in his top 7 link.  (Excuse the fact the article is about LSU)

Seems strange we would not have more information on what some of as the #1 JUCO DT.  Is he a forgone conclusion that he is not coming to AU?

Ed Orgeron meant it when he said “Now, the real war’s starting in recruiting” after he was officially tabbed as LSU’s full-time head coach last week.

Already extending offers to two of Alabama’s top targets — five-star QB Tua Tagovailoa (who is already committed to the Tide) and five-star linebacker Dylan Moses — Orgeron took a trip to Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College on Thursday morning to visit the top JUCO defensive end in the 2017 recruiting class in Isaiah Buggs.

Had a great visit with LSU today❗️❗️

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Great to see #LSU Coach Orgeron on campus this morning!#MGCCC #intheblue

Just a few short days ago, Buggs (6-foot-5, 280 pounds) released a list of seven finalists — including Alabama and LSU.

Buggs ranks No. 1 in the nation at his position among all JUCOs and is the fourth-best overall JUCO prospect in his class.

As of Thursday afternoon, LSU has commitments from 18 players, giving Orgeron a top-five class entering the month of December.

20 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

He has not had an impressive JUCO season and I think our coaches are slow-played, from what I understand.

Not sure this is true. But was always going to be hard to pull Buggs from LSU. 

On 12/2/2016 at 7:37 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not sure this is true. But was always going to be hard to pull Buggs from LSU. 

FWIW JLee & Jason Caldwell went to separate MGCCC games this season & both said the MGCCC stats gave IB credit for some tackles & sacks he did not get in those games. They both said he did not make an impact in the games they attended.

On 12/1/2016 at 6:43 PM, fredst said:

I'm loving the recruiting that Askew is doing for AU!

best recruiter in this class. grew up a bama fan to. Absolutely love the job hes doing for us on the trail. Our most loyal recruit imo.

2 minutes ago, 400DGRZ said:

turds won....

LSU lost this one honestly. He was the closest to coach O.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, WarTim said:

New car??

Standard terms - no money down, $1 per month for the next 3 years time, wherein the entire balance is due or you must return the car at that time.

Archived