Tide DB, Tony Brown, Gone for 2016?

Ravad

http://sports.yahoo....-224832354.html

Alabama may be without a possible contributor to its secondary for part or all of the 2016 season.

According to TideSports.com,Tony Brown is "facing an indefinite suspension from the NCAA." Alabama has appealed and the NCAA suspension does "not involve any institutional rules violations."

Brown has been practicing with Alabama this spring and coach Nick Saban had said previously that the defensive back could be suspended. Brown has 26 tackles in 26 games for Alabama and has been a member of Alabama's special teams units.

He was sent home from the Cotton Bowl for a violation of team rules and was not a part of the team for the National Championship Game against Clemson.

Brown is a former five-star recruit and an early-enrollee in the class of 2014. He was rated the No. 4 cornerback in the country according to Rivals and the No. 25 player overall in the class of 2014. He was also arrested for disturbing the peace and resisting arrest not long after he arrived in Tuscaloosa.

World class talent at track and field and football but cannot get out of his own way. My brother(a Bama fan) said a long time ago that he was always in Saban's doghouse.

If he is needed I dont see anything happening to him if it is only a "team rules" violation.

Recall Geno Smith.

If he is needed I dont see anything happening to him if it is only a "team rules" violation.

Recall Geno Smith.

Unlike Geno, I believe Brown has problems on the practice and game fields as well. That's why Saban is not hesitant to bench him.

Recall Geno Smith.

He isn't "needed" as their secondary is loaded, but he would be "used" in the rotation if available. Word is he's been in the coaches doghouse for one thing or another since he's been there. He has anger management issues which kept him out of the championship game due to instigating a fight with a teammate at practice.

The impending NCAA suspension is a result of drug testing. IDK if it's weed or supplements/roids or some other impermissible substance?

Five-Star cornerback (#4 in the nation out of HS), played two years with the Tide, only on special teams. How deep is Alabama's secondary?

Five-Star cornerback (#4 in the nation out of HS), played two years with the Tide, only on special teams. How deep is Alabama's secondary?

Considering all I've read about him I'm not sure this is an indicator of the quality of bama's secondary. Do I recall that the DB was considered a weakness for UAT last season? More like NS is just not going to put up with an undependable guy....and BTW this is not a bama penalty.....something the NCAA is behind.....and you know how hard it is to get the NCAA to take actions on an individual transgression....must be something very interesting to rate this kind of suspension.\.

Recall Geno Smith.

He isn't "needed" as their secondary is loaded, but he would be "used" in the rotation if available. Word is he's been in the coaches doghouse for one thing or another since he's been there. He has anger management issues which kept him out of the championship game due to instigating a fight with a teammate at practice.

The impending NCAA suspension is a result of drug testing. IDK if it's weed or supplements/roids or some other impermissible substance?

If it's an NCAA suspension, it's going to be something performance-enhancing. AFAIK the conferences are the ones in charge of testing for illicit substances.

Bama has appealed his suspension to the NCAA, but the fact is, Saban suspended him late last year. He didn't travel to the playoff games. Now the NCAA has gotten into the act. But ya know what? It won't make a bit of difference on the field for Bama. They are loaded everywhere (except maybe QB) and if one guy screws up, there's 3 more to take his place.

Saban won't let him back on the team because this is only 4/4/2016. Now if it was just days before uat kicks it off against Southern Cal, then surprise surprise Saban would have a change of heart and allow Tony Brown back on the team. When asked why did he put Brown on the team, little nicky would "everyone should get a second chance."

I'm willing bet you that's the way all this whole thing with Brown will go down the closer the 2016 season gets here.

Saban won't let him back on the team because this is only 4/4/2016. Now if it was just days before uat kicks it off against Southern Cal, then surprise surprise Saban would have a change of heart and allow Tony Brown back on the team. When asked why did he put Brown on the team, little nicky would "everyone should get a second chance."

That may be true, but from what is being put out there, this isn't anything that Saban has any control over. This is the NCAA stepping in and making this decision, not saban with his typical summer time fake discipline.

Tony Brown has been practicing with the team for the entire spring training. :dunno:

That may be true, but from what is being put out there, this isn't anything that Saban has any control over. This is the NCAA stepping in and making this decision, not saban with his typical summer time fake discipline.

This

Archived