TSA under fire for spending $47,600 on app that points left or right

AURaptor

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Fox News comments section:

5E57C0B4-9CD4-41AB-A63A-EDFFF9A8FEAD_zpspmyjafes.png

Yeah, we need to raise taxes so government can spend even more money unwisely

I believe it was Nancy Pelosi who said "the cupboard is bare". That's right, there's no more room anywhere to cut the budget. In fact, we need more taxes.

Just got back from a trip where I was carrying classified material. TSA was extremely respectful and I'm grateful for their service. Righties just want to use them as some sort of blithering gripe against big government.

I believe it was Nancy Pelosi who said "the cupboard is bare". That's right, there's no more room anywhere to cut the budget. In fact, we need more taxes.

How do you know that's all the App did?

Because it's an app . And it's our govt

Just got back from a trip where I was carrying classified material. TSA was extremely respectful and I'm grateful for their service. Righties just want to use them as some sort of blithering gripe against big government.

DENVER (CBS4) – A CBS4 investigation has learned that two Transportation Security Administration screeners at Denver International Airport have been fired after they were discovered manipulating passenger screening systems to allow a male TSA employee to fondle the genital areas of attractive male passengers.

It happened roughly a dozen times, according to information gathered by CBS4.

Because it's an app . And it's our govt

Skepticism at (his) finest.

At some point, Charlie Brown has to stop trusting Lucy. Hope I don't have to explain that one to you.

At some point, Charlie Brown has to stop trusting Lucy. Hope I don't have to explain that one to you.

You don't. I'm not near as oblivious as you are.

Right. Because you too think an app that randomly flashes a right or left pointing arrow has a real benefit ?

Right. Because you too think an app that randomly flashes a right or left pointing arrow has a real benefit ?

Just because you put a question mark on the end, that doesn't mean it's a question. I see what you're doing.

You can see the video where the TSA agent is having to physically tap the screen for each passenger, an arrow appears on screen, and then the agent points to the passenger as to which lane , left or right , to enter.

<_<

One coder explained that such a basic app would take about 10 minutes to develop. and @ charging $ 100.00 an hour for doing such work, IBM ( who won the contract ) was awarded over $ 47,000 of taxpayer money.

http://www.cnet.com/au/videos/random-developer-codes-tsas-47000-app-in-10-minutes/

So what would have cost you or me less than $50 to pay for in the private sector, our govt paid $ 47,600 to have made.

But as Nancy Pelosi said... ' the cupboard is bar. There's nothing left to cut '

You can see the video where the TSA agent is having to physically tap the screen for each passenger, an arrow appears on screen, and then the agent points to the passenger as to which lane , left or right , to enter.

<_</>

One coder explained that such a basic app would take about 10 minutes to develop. and @ charging $ 100.00 an hour for doing such work, IBM ( who won the contract ) was awarded over $ 47,000 of taxpayer money.

http://www.cnet.com/au/videos/random-developer-codes-tsas-47000-app-in-10-minutes/

So what would have cost you or me less than $50 to pay for in the private sector, our govt paid $ 47,600 to have made.

But as Nancy Pelosi said... ' the cupboard is bar. There's nothing left to cut '

From my experiences, the govt screwed me over by going to the lowest bidder with a lot of things. Like when I needed my teeth worked on, they assigned an interning family dentist to fix it. My mouth hurt for four days until I made them find a new dentist and voila! my teeth felt fine.

On the other hand, I witnessed a crate of EASILY fixable night vision goggles crushed when I was overseas. They didn't want to do work orders, that was the problem. People deserve to go to prison for their mismanagement of US dollars but that's nothing new.

And the app our govt paid $47k+ for ? They're not using it .

47,000 is nothing compared to the money they crushed that day...

47,000 is nothing compared to the money they crushed that day...

" The cupboard is bare. There's nothing left to cut "

Seems to me that IBM is at least as culpable as the government here.

How ?

Seems to me that IBM is at least as culpable as the government here.

How ?

For not creating the software in "10 minutes" and charging accordingly.

Are you serious Clark ?

:dunno:

" charging accordingly " ?

And why do you think our Govt is obliged to pay so much $ for such a dinky and eventually UNUSED app ??

It was part of a HUGE contract. remember ? This is the sort of b.s. that gets tossed in, and w/ zero accountability, no one sees and no one cares.

Archived