Jax State QB

tmjiv

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since they came close last year, I'm getting a feeling that Eli Jenkins will stay at JSU and try to win a national championship.

People that know him personally have said this same thing. But what do they know? They only talk to the guy face to face while we have all this wonderful internet knowledge.

Since they came close last year, I'm getting a feeling that Eli Jenkins will stay at JSU and try to win a national championship.

People that know him personally have said this same thing. But what do they know? They only talk to the guy face to face while we have all this wonderful internet knowledge.

Agree with your post but that is not addressing the AU side of this. (1) Is AU talking to him about transferring now? (2) Would AU offer him should he get a reprieve on the domestic violence charges? The bigger question regarding AU football if the answers to 1 and 2 are yes, why?

Which, in turn, is internet knowledge. ;)

Agree with your post but that is not addressing the AU side of this. (1) Is AU talking to him about transferring now? (2) Would AU offer him should he get a reprieve on the domestic violence charges? The bigger question regarding AU football if the answers to 1 and 2 are yes, why?

if 1. Is true we are in violation of ncaa rules. I doubt we are.

if 1. Is true we are in violation of ncaa rules. I doubt we are.

At least not so that you can tell that we are.

Is there anyway AU can get one or two of those JaxState WRs to transfer? Jenkins put the ball on the money for the most part, but I distinctly remember those WRs making some great plays and keeping the drives alive.

I agree, those guys were laying out, diving all over the place!

I am still trying to gather why he would leave? likely his current coaches see value in him, and he is was not replaced like Webb was at Tech. So there is no need to transfer just to get on the field. He is the starter for JSU without question and would have no guarantees to start at AU...

I am still trying to gather why he would leave? likely his current coaches see value in him, and he is was not replaced like Webb was at Tech. So there is no need to transfer just to get on the field. He is the starter for JSU without question and would have no guarantees to start at AU...

Perhaps he feels like he has better chance to be seen by scouts and the public eye if he were to come here and succeed.

Maybe one of the "sky is falling" Auburn fans is offering to pay him a lot of money.

Or maybe he knows that if he comes he'll start

How could he know that since our coaches would never, ever initiate any type of improper contact? :jossun:

wde

Scouts will find him fine at JSU especially if they think he is good enough. See Carson Wentz. Maybe I am in the minority but I don't see the hype for him, mainly because he will only have fall camp to get acclimated. Then again I did not see it for Nick Marshall either. Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised at how Nick took over the team with only Fall camp under his belt. Maybe this Jenkins kid can do the same if he comes.

I have a hard time seeing what this guy has to gain by transferring to Auburn. He is the unquestioned starter @ JSU and I seriously doubt Gus would guarantee him the job if he comes to Auburn. I'll believe it when I see it but, more importantly, I'll believe he'll be the starter @ Auburn when I see it and I will shocked if he ever steps on the field again at JHS.

I have a hard time seeing what this guy has to gain by transferring to Auburn. He is the unquestioned starter @ JSU and I seriously doubt Gus would guarantee him the job if he comes to Auburn. I'll believe it when I see it but, more importantly, I'll believe he'll be the starter @ Auburn when I see it and I will shocked if he ever steps on the field again at JHS.

If he storms over the SEC, then he looks better. But whatever. I'll be surprised if he even lands here.

Personally, I think it would be dumb to take a grad transfer for QB, for just one year. If it cam down to that I would bring Woody in. Maybe start JJ or SW for the Clemson game and then put it in WB's hands. That way we are building something down the road and not just wasting another year. WDE

Personally, I think it would be dumb to take a grad transfer for QB, for just one year. If it cam down to that I would bring Woody in. Maybe start JJ or SW for the Clemson game and then put it in WB's hands. That way we are building something down the road and not just wasting another year. WDE

Giving Woody a year to develop is not wasting a year.

Giving Woody a year to develop is not wasting a year.

agree...and basically sending a message to the team that 2016 is not important? Can't imagine any coach doing that.

^Especially not to Carl, Monty, Jovon, etc. All who decided to come back this year. The frustrating thing is, personnel-wise, this is the type of year where we SHOULD be pretty good. This is also why scheduling big OOC games is a bad idea. We almost never do well on years when we have them--at least, the type that are "big enough" for a lot of fans on here. As far as I know, we don't have anyone big scheduled for 2018, and I hope to God we keep it that way!

he wouldn't be telling people "yeah I'd transfer out if I got a good offer" before he got any offers. That would cause so much turmoil on his team if he didn't end up getting any offers

If Gus and co bring him in, evaluate him and he decides to come (with or without a starting offer) and ends up starting and doing well then he will be taken so much more seriously by scouts.

he wouldn't be telling people "yeah I'd transfer out if I got a good offer" before he got any offers. That would cause so much turmoil on his team if he didn't end up getting any offers

If Gus and co bring him in, evaluate him and he decides to come (with or without a starting offer) and ends up starting and doing well then he will be taken so much more seriously by scouts.

At the same time, if he did transfer and didn't do so well, either because he wasn't SEC ready or because the team had other issues, it would hurt his chances to get to the NFL. It's a roll of the dice, especially for someone who's already got a stage that they are comfortable on and comes with the chance at a title.

It feels like we are beating a dead horse because we won't find out anything about Jenkins until after the 29th, and there are three other active QB related threads that have drifted to the same redundant talking points of the others.

Archived