Glorified Scrimmage

NewDay22

Would someone on here please let UGA know that the spring game is only a glorified scrimmage. Having to turn fans away with a $5 bill and concession money is absurd. Almost half a million for Scrimmage goodness. That will not help the athletics department.

And having a freshman qb toss for over 200 yards and a touchdown.

Kirby Smart really needs to get in line.

What a jokester.

Make it 11 out of 13 for us vs them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is "us"....have to wonder when reading your comments. Meanwhile it lookalike the dawg defense took the day off

Us = Auburn.

I'm think we are 8-10 vs them. I know it's bad so I don't look. Living in Atlanta and being an AU grad is not easy.

So I guess we flip that and say our offense took them day? Not trying to be a jerk but at what point do we stop making excuses and start expecting results?

Us = Auburn.

I'm think we are 8-10 vs them. I know it's bad so I don't look. Living in Atlanta and being an AU grad is not easy.

So I guess we flip that and say our offense took them day? Not trying to be a jerk but at what point do we stop making excuses and start expecting results?

I do and it's not bad...they have not done squat in a while....they have beat really bad AU teams...not much when AU has been competitive. UGA has done less with more than any team I can recall...great recruiting, state school, fans, great QB play, running backs, etc...and nothing of significance to show. At least AU has 2 SEC titles, heisman, national title, and another appearance in the game...

I still not sure what your trying to say with the OP. Did the pups have a sell out or something?

I think so. I think they sold tickets for $5 each. I'm not sure if he is mad at uga fans for so many showing up for a scrimmage, or if he's mad at uga for charging, or not charging enough. Cryptic stuff.

You're not using your words very well.

Right? Can someone please explain what the hell this thread is about?

You have to speak hate everything AU language

He's in a panic because UGA beat Auburn in their spring game (or so he believes) :laugh::lmao::lol:

NewDay, the lows you'll sink to bash Auburn astound. You're still getting mad at that dern floor for being underneath your feet. I mean where does it get the nerve :dunno:

Doesn't AU sell the Spring Game tickets for $5 each? If they sold out their Spring Game well good for them... Not sure how what UGA is doing in April translates to being upset with AU :dunno:

Doesn't AU sell the Spring Game tickets for $5 each? If they sold out their Spring Game well good for them... Not sure how what UGA is doing in April translates to being upset with AU :dunno:/>

i doubt there is a translation for chronic pessimism.

Us = Auburn.

I do and it's not bad...they have not done squat in a while....they have beat really bad AU teams...not much when AU has been competitive. UGA has done less with more than any team I can recall...great recruiting, state school, fans, great QB play, running backs, etc...and nothing of significance to show. At least AU has 2 SEC titles, heisman, national title, and another appearance in the game...

Auburn is 5-10 vs UGA and LSU in the last 15 yrs. It's sad that Auburn can't be competitive on a more consistent basis.

I was going to say it doesn't matter if certain programs only beat us when we don't have good teams. Mainly because it shows us that we are bad more often than we are good. 5-10 is awful vs our PEERS. I understand Bama is on an unprecedented run so our record vs them is the same as everyone else vs Bama (better actually)

I was going to say it doesn't matter if certain programs only beat us when we don't have good teams. Mainly because it shows us that we are bad more often than we are good. 5-10 is awful vs our PEERS. I understand Bama is on an unprecedented run so our record vs them is the same as everyone else vs Bama (better actually)

They've lost 5 SEC games in FIVE years - unprecedented and frankly unbelievable in this conference.

They've lost 5 SEC games in FIVE years - unprecedented and frankly unbelievable in this conference.

It's not unprecedented. Florida under Spurrier achieved that as well. They only lost 5 SEC games in his first 5 years from 1990-1994. Overall under Spurrier from 1990-2001, Florida only lost 12 SEC games in his 12 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Spurrier

The only thing unprecedented are the NC's that Bama has been winning. Spurrier won 4 straight SEC titles in the 1990's from 1993-1996. Last year, Alabama was the first team to win back-to-back SEC titles since Tennessee did it in 1997 and 1998.

It's not unprecedented. Florida under Spurrier achieved that as well. They only lost 5 SEC games in his first 5 years from 1990-1994. Overall under Spurrier from 1990-2001, Florida only lost 12 SEC games in his 12 years.

https://en.wikipedia.../Steve_Spurrier

The only thing unprecedented are the NC's that Bama has been winning. Spurrier won 4 straight SEC titles in the 1990's from 1993-1996. Last year, Alabama was the first team to win back-to-back SEC titles since Tennessee did it in 1997 and 1998.

No doubt Spurrier had a great SEC run, but this thing at UAT is on a whole other level. They are doing it with even more restrictive scholarship limitations than SOS had, more games to play per year, and now the gauntlet of the playoff system.

No doubt Spurrier had a great SEC run, but this thing at UAT is on a whole other level. They are doing it with even more restrictive scholarship limitations than SOS had, more games to play per year, and now the gauntlet of the playoff system.

And the best talent money can buy....at all positions outside of QB.

;)

And the best talent money can buy....at all positions outside of QB.

;)

The conclusion here seems to be that they can win with anyone at QB so why waste money trying to get some all world guy for the job? :dunno: .

^ I see that assertion on here often also.

Does that mean people think Bama have won the national title with Jeremy Johnson starting for them last season?

Does that mean people think Bama have won the national title with Jeremy Johnson starting for them last season?

Probably... they road Henry and about 1-million holds all the way to the trophy.

Probably... they road Henry and about 1-million holds all the way to the trophy.

It would not have been necessary for him to be throwing the ball down the middle into traffic....but I think I recall that bama started guy at QB (Bateman) who looked suspiciously like JJ in the Ole Miss game .....and that was his last serious action of the year.

It would not have been necessary for him to be throwing the ball down the middle into traffic....but I think I recall that bama started guy at QB (Bateman) who looked suspiciously like JJ in the Ole Miss game .....and that was his last serious action of the year.

Alabama doesn't win the title with the Jeremy Johnson that started for Auburn last season. Too many bad decisions. Couldn't protect the football, which would have driven Saban insane. Maybe if Johnson had started in their system as a freshman, but no one knows how that would have worked out.

I also think its a misnomer that that Alabama quarterbacks are "game managers", and that they could basically win with anyone. Alabama has gotten very consistent quarterback play since Saban has been there. Their quarterbacks play really, really good football.

^ Exactly

agree....JMO but most of those recent good QB performances have come since Lame Kitten arrived on the scene. Somehow they seem to come up with what they need....and that's what coaching is about. ...meeting needs.

Archived