Is it old age?

musicitytiger

I don't want to see any hype videos, no more interviews, no practice reports, no promos........

I want to see our defense hit Clemson like they've never been hit. I want to see our d play with a terrible attitude........

Does this mean I'm in the ol fella club now?

I don't want to see any hype videos, no more interviews, no practice reports, no promos........

I want to see our defense hit Clemson like they've never been hit. I want to see our d play with a terrible attitude........

Yes, I'm in it with you

You think the hype videos are bad, get ready for the workout videos

Thanks for waiting....I wish I had a whole squad to motivate me through my leg day at the gym .....

https://amp.twimg.com/v/7590ddf3-ff8f-4120-b7fc-498c7a94513d

Watching that hurt my knees.

You think the hype videos are bad, get ready for the workout videos

Thanks for waiting....I wish I had a whole squad to motivate me through my leg day at the gym .....

https://amp.twimg.com/v/7590ddf3-ff8f-4120-b7fc-498c7a94513d

Watching that hurt my knees.

I'm surprised he didn't have his knees wrapped or sleeved to provide extra stability. Theyre pretty useful.

Just think about what this team would look like if we didn't have the hype video's, workout video's, motto's, slogans, billboards every year? How do we know that the tag lines "It's a New Day" - "Auburn Fast" - "Earn It!" aren't what pushes this team through the tough times and drives them to compete?

Just think about what this team would look like if we didn't have the hype video's, workout video's, motto's, slogans, billboards every year? How do we know that the tag lines "It's a New Day" - "Auburn Fast" - "Earn It!" aren't what pushes this team through the tough times and drives them to compete?

Actually this is a very good point. We'd be Vandy

You serious Clark? That is what is needed? I mean I know when see motivational posters in the work place of a "solo rock climber" or an "eagle soring" that I really dig down and think to myself; " If it is to be, it is up to me!"

Not ragging on you Kees, I just see this stuff as somewhat marketing/promotional

Actually this is a very good point. We'd be Vandy

I'm just not willing to chance it at this point. We are a borderline program right now and after finishing the season in Legion Field for the freaking Birmingham Bowl, I just don't want to see what could possibly happen if AU cut the hype videos, etc.

In the final analysis, the only thing that will matter is what happens on that football field. So whatever it takes, just win baby.

This.

wde

Hard for me to believe there is any connection between hype videos and success on the field. Sorry, just don't buy it but see no harm in them just dont believe they make a measurable difference. In my mind, on field performance is what drives the hype not the other way around.

Hard for me to believe there is any connection between hype videos and success on the field. Sorry, just don't buy it but see no harm in them just dont believe they make a measurable difference. In my mind, on field performance is what drives the hype not the other way around.

Totally true. Folks can easily buy into hype when we have seasons like many in the Dye era, Bowden's 1st two seasons and several in the Tuberville era, as well as 2010 and 2013. I know the football program has to market to try to sell overpriced season tickets, but the solution is not in the hype.....The solution is the product on the field, winning football games.

wde

I think kids today are definitely impacted by these type of hype videos-that's all they do is look at you tube, etc.. on their I-phones. If it gets me excited for football at 56 yrs of age it will get a football player, or other athlete/team, fired up!!! They all come out before pre-game wearing headphones with whatever "pump me up for the game" song playing loud!!

No but u gotta be patient ...game is not til September ....lol

Good for recruiting. Good for the players. The college kids like it.

^^THIS

When you recruit top 10 classes like AU has for the past few years, you are bringing in kids that are accustomed to being in the spotlight. Auburn recruited them by selling them a product - Auburn has to continue to market and promote that product in order the keep hauling these top 10 classes. Once these 4-5*'s are on campus they expect to be part of the marketing and they want to be in these videos to show their stuff. It energizes them and they like watching themselves and other teammates on social media, etc.

Hopefully in the next few years, Gus will have these top 10 recruiting classes result in top 10 rankings at the end of EVERY season. When Gus gets AU to the point that we are consistently competing for championships and premiere bowl games, then fans will love the hype just as much or more than our players.

^^THIS

When you recruit top 10 classes like AU has for the past few years, you are bringing in kids that are accustomed to being in the spotlight. Auburn recruited them by selling them a product - Auburn has to continue to market and promote that product in order the keep hauling these top 10 classes. Once these 4-5*'s are on campus they expect to be part of the marketing and they want to be in these videos to show their stuff. It energizes them and they like watching themselves and other teammates on social media, etc.

Hopefully in the next few years, Gus will have these top 10 recruiting classes result in top 10 rankings at the end of EVERY season. When Gus gets AU to the point that we are consistently competing for championships and premiere bowl games, then fans will love the hype just as much or more than our players.

No they don't....but they do need to start winning 10+ games a year. Kids want to go where they believe they can win. I seriously doubt a kid chose Auburn because of their hype videos. Surely you don't believe that...do you? We wont be recruiting top 10 classes long if Gus doesn't start getting it done on the field. Just sayin...

^^THIS

No they don't....but they do need to start winning 10+ games a year. Kids want to go where they believe they can win. I seriously doubt a kid chose Auburn because of their hype videos. Surely you don't believe that...do you? We wont be recruiting top 10 classes long if Gus doesn't start getting it done on the field. Just sayin...

I think the hype video's attract prospects to Auburn, I think the billboards and slogans bring attention to Auburn. "A New Day" - "Auburn Fast" - "Earn It!" are branding tools used by Auburn to bring attention to AU football. Just like that poster last year "Georgia on Your Mind" had a pic of the dozens of Georgia guys we pulled away from Ga and now they are in an AU uniform. I firmly believe the players from Ga wanted to be on that poster in their AU gear. I also think the players that are highlighted in the yearly hype video want to be showcased in the video's.

Now, as to the 10+ wins a year.....Well, it stands to reason that if you're regularly hauling in top 10 classes then that talent will eventually pay dividends and we should expect to regularly see top 10 ranked teams at the end of every year. One would be hard pressed to justify these high paid salaries resulting in a year-end Birmingham Bowl with a roster of top 10 rated talent.

If the situation does not in improve over the next few years, then I agree that the top 10 recruiting classes will cease to exist. But I don't think Auburn should do away with the hype machine at the moment, at least not until we get verifiable proof of where the source of this decline is rooted. Is it Gus? Is it Lashley? Is it sub-par QBs & WRs? Is it the defensive coordinator carousel we've been on? Is it lack of top shelf LBs? Is it poor player development? We can't pinpoint with total accuracy why AU has lost 10 SEC games in the last 2 yrs.

^^THIS

I think the hype video's attract prospects to Auburn, I think the billboards and slogans bring attention to Auburn. "A New Day" - "Auburn Fast" - "Earn It!" are branding tools used by Auburn to bring attention to AU football. Just like that poster last year "Georgia on Your Mind" had a pic of the dozens of Georgia guys we pulled away from Ga and now they are in an AU uniform. I firmly believe the players from Ga wanted to be on that poster in their AU gear. I also think the players that are highlighted in the yearly hype video want to be showcased in the video's.

Now, as to the 10+ wins a year.....Well, it stands to reason that if you're regularly hauling in top 10 classes then that talent will eventually pay dividends and we should expect to regularly see top 10 ranked teams at the end of every year. One would be hard pressed to justify these high paid salaries resulting in a year-end Birmingham Bowl with a roster of top 10 rated talent.

If the situation does not in improve over the next few years, then I agree that the top 10 recruiting classes will cease to exist. But I don't think Auburn should do away with the hype machine at the moment, at least not until we get verifiable proof of where the source of this decline is rooted. Is it Gus? Is it Lashley? Is it sub-par QBs & WRs? Is it the defensive coordinator carousel we've been on? Is it lack of top shelf LBs? Is it poor player development? We can't pinpoint with total accuracy why AU has lost 10 SEC games in the last 2 yrs.

No problem, that's certainly a matter of opinion and we'll just agree to disagree. I see no need to discontinue the videos but have my doubts about them being the reason top recruits choose Auburn. In fact, I'd say I'm not even sure I'd want a player that was that was that easily influenced by the fluff of the game. I just hope the coaches aren't buying into the hyped players and are doing their own evals because it works both ways.

Archived